In Russia NHL returns you. Kovalchuk staying in KHL.

Derlique

I will say it again - I still hold on to hope that Kovy comes back to NJ.  If he doesn't, I want something comparable in return...

You can hope with one hand and sh!t in the other- see which one fills up first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

On 6/10/2017 at 6:31 AM, Mitico12 said:

I will say it again - I still hold on to hope that Kovy comes back to NJ.  If he doesn't, I want something comparable in return...

they might be able to make a package around him and get something nice in return. I want  a player that is going to make an immediate impact, not draft picks. Personally I would also like to see him sign here and play.

I don't understand the idea that there's a 0% chance. 
Theres a 0% chance Sydney Crosby comes to the Devils. There is a tangible percentage, even low, that Ilya Kovalchuk returns to NJ. And until one of you naysayers gives me even a sliver of proof that "it's completely out of the question and not worth discussing (on a Devils forum 2 months after we were eliminated from playoff contention), Its getting overly tiresome seeing the same exact posts. I'm looking mostly at MD, who typically I get along with here, but this is getting annoying. 

I can't give you any definitive proof. It's my opinion. You're free to disagree with it.

12 hours ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

they might be able to make a package around him and get something nice in return. I want  a player that is going to make an immediate impact, not draft picks. Personally I would also like to see him sign here and play.

I agree, I love draft picks but I think we need some immediate impact on this team

On 6/9/2017 at 4:57 PM, dmann422 said:

I agree we could do a lot this offseason that could hep us, but don't forget all those other teams also get the same chance to improve in the off season too. In terms of short-term aspirations, I honestly feel the only team in the metro we're ahead of is Carolina, and thats only if last year was a fluke for Cory. That's not to say we shouldn't hope for a playoff appearance next year but for me it will be a pleasant surprise.

Yup, you're definitely right that they have opportunities as well, but I think we have greater potential and flexibility, so really, it's just up to us/our management and whether or not we maximize that.  We'll see.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

You gotta scroll down, but according to Brooks, Columbus is 'all in' on Kovalchuk: http://nypost.com/2017/06/24/what-would-rangers-give-up-for-a-top-pair-defenseman/amp/

Columbus beat writer has been very excited about this the past few weeks (or so) too... he's even doing lines!  Please trade for young D, Ray! 

Mark Scheig‏ @THWMark

Why would #CBJ pursue Ilya Kovalchuk? High-end offense. Check out what the lineup could look like.

Panarin-Wennberg-Bjorkstrand Kovalchuk-Dubinsky-Atkinson Jenner-Dubois-Foligno Calvert-Sedlak-Anderson

PP1: Panarin, Kovalchuk, Wennberg, Atkinson, Werenski. #CBJ

14 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

What will Shero ask for in return? Realistically. 

Maybe something not thaaaat far from Iginla return as a rental (ok ... the 4 years off of the NHL doesn't make it as easy but still... something not tooooo far from that return) 

15 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

You've seen Mueller play 0 games in your life but you've now posted on multiple threads how stupid that trade was. It's bizarre. 

1) I didn't say anything about the Mueller trade on my post. As a matter of fact, I wasn't thinking about Mueller. I was thinking of the signing of Lovejoy, which wasn't a trade, but wasn't a good signing.

2) I have seen Mueller play. I have center ice. I'm in the southwest. It's not too late for me to catch Sharks games.

3) I've maybe said two or three things about Mueller. "Several" means 5 or more.

4) Quit picking fights with everyone.

5) Get counseling with your angry ass.