The Devils Uniforms

Since1982-83

There is no losing with this thread no matter which opinion(s) we all have. The more talk about the aesthetics of athletics -- the better in my book.

11 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

In fairness, I don't think most Devils fans making Xmas references ever truly meant it in a derogatory way...if anything, ironically, I think they mean it more endearingly...embracing that color scheme for what it was...unique, unusual, and not something that you'd necessary expect to work on an NHL hockey uniform, but kind of did.  The funny thing is that I don't really remember many Xmas comments back when the team was actually wearing those uniforms full-time...they kind of came later...like you said, it was just red and green, nothing more.

Anyway, John McMullen's wife was the one who chose the colors (red for the Devils, green for the Garden State) and designed the initial logo that would evolve into the logo we've all come to love...it was based on the NJ Transit logo.

Image result for new jersey devils red and green

Good points. I was aware that John McMullen's wife created the semblance for the logo (God bless her)...I had no idea about the NJ Transit thing. Thank you.

13 hours ago, Since1982-83 said:

There is no losing with this thread no matter which opinion(s) we all have. The more talk about the aesthetics of athletics -- the better in my book.

Just be careful not to talk too much about jerseys or aesthetics of athletics in general here.  There has been plenty of backlash over the years.

I'm not a fan of the old colors, 2x a year is enough for me. I was very young when the Devils still wore the green and red jerseys but hey if we keep missing the playoffs every year it makes perfect sense to switch back to the old colors, can look and play like a bunch of losers just like the majority of those teams that wore them previously. 

5 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

Just be careful not to talk too much about jerseys or aesthetics of athletics in general here.  There has been plenty of backlash over the years.

Backlash over what? For discussing what our team may or may not look like next season? Thread seems pretty enthusiastic to me. Next thread I'm starting will refer to the arena organist. Only kidding.

1 hour ago, Since1982-83 said:

Next thread I'm starting will refer to the arena organist. Only kidding.

Ha, that's funny you said that. When they built the Pru, I was PRAYING that they would put an organ there instead of the dreadful piped music.

Alas, no luck

2 hours ago, Since1982-83 said:

Backlash over what? For discussing what our team may or may not look like next season? Thread seems pretty enthusiastic to me. Next thread I'm starting will refer to the arena organist. Only kidding.

This thread is an exception.  I am down with talking looks/jerseys all day, but in the past others have not and want to stick to strictly hockey.

1 minute ago, DevsMan84 said:

This thread is an exception.  I am down with talking looks/jerseys all day, but in the past others have not and want to stick to strictly hockey.

Was gonna say, anyone making that argument in this thread is probably reading the wrong thread. 

2 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

God, remember how awful we got torn apart by the Board God for not sticking to the Devils' hockey being played that day?

5 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

I haven't experienced this before,  threads go in all different directions constantly, less than any other forum I've ever been a part of has it ever been a problem. We've talked Devils jerseys dozens of times here. This thread is about jerseys, and you expect posters to flood in and shut down the conversation? My experience here has been significantly different than yours.

51 minutes ago, thecoffeecake said:

I haven't experienced this before,  threads go in all different directions constantly, less than any other forum I've ever been a part of has it ever been a problem. We've talked Devils jerseys dozens of times here. This thread is about jerseys, and you expect posters to flood in and shut down the conversation? My experience here has been significantly different than yours.

Well I'm not making this up or imagining it since at least two other posters have noticed the same thing I have.

23 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

Well I'm not making this up or imagining it since at least two other posters have noticed the same thing I have.

HEY HEY GUY GIVE IT A REST WITH THE JERSEY TALK ALREADY

JESUS CHRIST

Edited by Devilsfan118

8 hours ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Why are we talking about JERSEYS when the PEOPLE IN THE JERSEYS can't or WONT win games. This is what happens when Lou TRADES BRODEUR and doesn't even CARE about DEFENSE like Larzzon. Instead LOU trades for guys like HALL who doesn't even score. And we have to watch Seversson instead who wouldn't even play on the minor league team. LOL. 

-NJDevils Facebook fans.

Crazy thing is that this is quite accurate to what you see posted there and often here when this subject is brought up.

I mean how dare we talk about something other than what's happening on the ice.

On 5/5/2017 at 8:09 PM, DevsMan84 said:

Which day?  There has been multiple.

On 5/5/2017 at 11:24 PM, thecoffeecake said:

I doubt anyone has noticed negativity towards discussing jerseys in a thread about jerseys.

Both DM and I got called out for talking jerseys in the original jersey change thread. Too lazy to go back and look, but I think it was one poster who was offended by non-hockey talk on that day in a thread not dedicated to that days game. The poster also got spun up over us talking hypothetical trades/moves since it didn't have to do with the current team or that game.

20 hours ago, jagknife said:

Both DM and I got called out for talking jerseys in the original jersey change thread. Too lazy to go back and look, but I think it was one poster who was offended by non-hockey talk on that day in a thread not dedicated to that days game. The poster also got spun up over us talking hypothetical trades/moves since it didn't have to do with the current team or that game.

I am not gonna make any bones about it, I went back and looked and it was mikepeluso8 who got pissy about us talking about the jerseys and not the sh!tty product on the ice.

This is why lately I have avoided talking or bringing up talk about jerseys here.  Between other message boards, reddit, FB and twitter, this is the only place where the even mention of jerseys gets eyes rolling.  In other message boards it is talked about an encouraged as they fall under the umbrella of talking about Devils.  I like talking about it as it is something different beside the million different permutations of saying how the Devils suck these days.  However, the kind of reactions I get here basically resorts to me just keeping my mouth shut about it for the most part.

If you don't like thread about Jerseys, stay away-ignore!   If you don't like talk about Kovy- ignore! Off season we talk about hockey fringe stuff.

All we can do is speculate about the future.  It's fun!

On 05/08/2017 at 8:47 AM, DevsMan84 said:

I am not gonna make any bones about it, I went back and looked and it was mikepeluso8 who got pissy about us talking about the jerseys and not the sh!tty product on the ice.

This is why lately I have avoided talking or bringing up talk about jerseys here.  Between other message boards, reddit, FB and twitter, this is the only place where the even mention of jerseys gets eyes rolling.  In other message boards it is talked about an encouraged as they fall under the umbrella of talking about Devils.  I like talking about it as it is something different beside the million different permutations of saying how the Devils suck these days.  However, the kind of reactions I get here basically resorts to me just keeping my mouth shut about it for the most part.

So it happened once? Some guy was being a nose, it happens. We talk jerseys here all the time, this just sounds petty, and it looks like it killed a perfectly good jersey discussion thread. I'm on your side here, I love talking off ice stuff, especially jerseys and logos.

All the original drama over jerseys was because people were getting bent out of shape over knock offs and wether or not people should be buying them. 

Anyhoooo no need to go back over that. I saw on icethetics that they expect all the new jerseys to be given to prospects at the draft this year when they come up onto the stage after they have been selected. So we should get to see ours first. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, thecoffeecake said:

So it happened once? Some guy was being a nose, it happens. We talk jerseys here all the time, this just sounds petty, and it looks like it killed a perfectly good jersey discussion thread. I'm on your side here, I love talking off ice stuff, especially jerseys and logos.

It's happened before in other times in different ways.  I will explain further in my next post.

6 hours ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

All the original drama over jerseys was because people were getting bent out of shape over knock offs and wether or not people should be buying them. 

Anyhoooo no need to go back over that. I saw on icethetics that they expect all the new jerseys to be given to prospects at the draft this year when they come up onto the stage after they have been selected. So we should get to see ours first. 

The knockoffs definitely get people going.  I stay away from that as even putting out my opinion that they look at garbage gets interpreted by some as "what, you think I am less of a fan for buying them! fvck you!" and then the nonsense ensues.  Like I said, I avoid that now.

Edit:  I actually typed out a further response to you and coffee in regards to the jersey drama, but I doubt either both of you or anyone else in this forum really cares so I deleted it.  Only thing I will say is that I know for a fact I am not alone in seeing what I see on here.

Edited by DevsMan84