The Devils Uniforms

Since1982-83

9 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

That's an ad for Emerates Airlines.   Paris St Germain is the soccer team.  I'm not pushing for the vertical stripes but I always thought PSG had nice uniforms and I remember thinking last year that the Panthers should have tried the vertical stripes instead of mimicking the Canadiens, 

To me vertical stripes only work in the super rare occasion. I actually liked the 1986 Mets racing stripe up the side of the jersey...but other than a standard vertical stripe on hockey/football pants I don't think there is much that can be done with them on jerseys that would look good.

58 minutes ago, SMantzas said:

Am I the only one who'd love a patch of the outline of NJ on one of the shoulders?

Don't kill me here, but I've been VERY vocal about Rutgers doing something similar for ages.

NJ really lacks an identity (this is abundantly clear in college football where recruiting NJ kids is always a challenge - but that's a discussion for a different forum) and I feel like Rutgers and the Devils should do everything they can to identify and represent the state.  

Definitely put an outline of NJ somewhere the uniform or helmets imo.  Coincidentally, Rutgers football and shootyhoops are getting new unis this year too (by none other than Adidas) so I'm hoping they might've incorporated something to this effect.

Edited by Devilsfan118

2 hours ago, thecoffeecake said:

One of the few things I'd tolerate. I'd  be cool with a state flag patch like Calgary does, but they don't respect our flag enough to hang one in the rafters of Prudential Center.

I would hate the flag on the jersey because just like Calgary the state flag doesn't match the rest of the uniform. 

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Don't kill me here, but I've been VERY vocal about Rutgers doing something similar for ages.

NJ really lacks an identity (this is abundantly clear in college football where recruiting NJ kids is always a challenge - but that's a discussion for a different forum) and I feel like Rutgers and the Devils should do everything they can to identify and represent the state.  

Definitely put an outline of NJ somewhere the uniform or helmets imo.  Coincidentally, Rutgers football and shootyhoops are getting new unis this year too (by none other than Adidas) so I'm hoping they might've incorporated something to this effect.

NJ has its own identity. It's just that it's a part of the greater tri state area and sits in NY's shadow...as does Connecticut and Pennsylvania. The specter of NYC is overwhelming but NJ certainly has an identity. 

What identity does Idaho or North Dakota or WV have really? Ours is plenty stronger than most other states.

35 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I would hate the flag on the jersey because just like Calgary the state flag doesn't match the rest of the uniform. 

I couldn't care any less. Plenty of teams in tons of sports wear national flags or symbols on their jerseys that don't match. It's mandatory in most soccer leagues (like MLS). You don't think twice about an American flag not matching a sports uniform. League patches don't always match (like when the NHL logo was orange). It's a part of  the team's  identity regardless of what color it is, and like the American flag in other cases, has every right to be on our jerseys whether it matches or not.

The more I  think about it, I'd probably like to see that instead of just accept it if it were to happen.

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

If this stripe crap is true, I've bought my last jersey for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even if the stripe is removed, I would still say to give it a chance or at least not judge until the jerseys are hitting the ice.  There is some speculation that the jerseys being revealed tonight are not to on-ice specs.  Again these are rumors.

• Like 1

I think I could deal with the loss of the stripes. I'm not 100% sure.  

Bottom line, whatever it is, I am buying one (and by one I mean one of each color, obviously) in whatever form they are available, I'm that kind of a nutty fan. 

we already know the devils are keeping the shoulder yoke all black. honestly, i'm expecting much ado about nothing as they'll almost be exactly the same. if anything, I'll be disappointed that they didn't get a patch or some sort of collar design (like the Cup years or "Jersey's Team" or something.

4 minutes ago, sundstrom said:

we already know the devils are keeping the shoulder yoke all black. honestly, i'm expecting much ado about nothing as they'll almost be exactly the same. if anything, I'll be disappointed that they didn't get a patch or some sort of collar design (like the Cup years or "Jersey's Team" or something.

Yup. I'd like to see some changes like those aswell. It'd be refreshing.

24 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Posted this in the other one - but after seeing Nashville's, I'm legit worried.

Except Nashville's were crap to begin with and they've pretty much kept it the same.

I'm not worried because our jerseys are one of the league's best. 

45 minutes ago, sundstrom said:

not a fan of patches on the side at all, so hopefully they don't add those.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

There's 30 minutes to wait, so don't say "It's pretty much confirmed" with a link that's anything but confirmation.

didnt Greg a few weeks ago say we were getting a big rebrand?

It looks like he just reads the forums and social media and puts into an article lol