The Devils Uniforms

Since1982-83

Hahaha seriously, but that's his calling card lately. Still love ya tho MD

I met Dano at a bar in Morristown back in 2006- a few hours after game 1 of the playoffs against the Rags. We toasted a beer to the win. He was hammered, and couldn't have been more awesome. [emoji482]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

So whoever is running their twitter decided to be cute and put "not a fashion company" in the bio. Absolutely pathetic. Could you imagine this happening under Lou? 

I wasn't even going to email anyone about the jersey, I hate it but it is what it is. This garbage pissed me off more though and that's what I wrote an email to my rep about asking to pass it along to the appropriate person. 

I don't care if the team doesn't like our opinions about the jersey but don't disrespect us a few hours later.

Complete bush league garbage. 

• Like 2

So whoever is running their twitter decided to be cute and put "not a fashion company" in the bio. Absolutely pathetic. Could you imagine this happening under Lou? 

I wasn't even going to email anyone about the jersey, I hate it but it is what it is. This garbage pissed me off more though and that's what I wrote an email to my rep about asking to pass it along to the appropriate person. 

I don't care if the team doesn't like our opinions about the jersey but don't disrespect us a few hours later.
Complete bush league garbage. 

That annoys me too... This is where I miss Lou- not his terrible personnel decisions towards the end, but I miss Lou the team president right now.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

honestly - i thought it was genius. be self aware. good for them. 95% of the fanbase is not happy with the change (myself included) - they're saying "ok, we get it. we're obviously not the best decision makers when it comes to jersey redesigns. sorry."

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

That annoys me too... This is where I miss Lou- not his terrible personnel decisions towards the end, but I miss Lou the team president right now.

Couldn't agree more. I like Ray and it was time for a change but Lou would never allow nonsense like this and that aspect I definitely miss. 

• Like 4

Just now, sundstrom said:

honestly - i thought it was genius. be self aware. good for them. 95% of the fanbase is not happy with the change (myself included) - they're saying "ok, we get it. we're obviously not the best decision makers when it comes to jersey redesigns. sorry."

I could see either side of the fence. I think they're feeling the heat and decided to take the road of mocking themselves to try to make a clearly sh!tty situation seem a little better. However. ..it probably doesn't come off as a lighthearted joke for those who are seriously pissed right now. Feels more like they are patronizing their fanbase without intentionally doing so. Oops. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Couldn't agree more. I like Ray and it was time for a change but Lou would never allow nonsense like this and that aspect I definitely miss. 

Lou would never allow one stitch on the jersey to be changed and would still be disallowin #13 to be used and forcing all low numbers on the players' jerseys.  It's nice to see a change of pace...

With that said, they are clearly mocking themselves and taking it lightheartedly. It's not bad when u see it that way...

Edited by slasher72

2 minutes ago, sundstrom said:

I found it to be obnoxious, especially a few hours after this stuff was released. A proper and professional organization would just ignore the negativity for the first night and not try to be a cute wise ass about it. 

• Like 2

Just now, slasher72 said:

Lou would never allow one stitch on the jersey to be changed and would still be disallowin #13 to be used and forcing all low numbers on the players' jerseys.  It's nice to see a change of pace...

I was talking about Lou not letting the social media post nonsense like that. 

5 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I was talking about Lou not letting the social media post nonsense like that. 

Yea I know. I lost my WiFi and had to edit the end of my paragraph.  I definitely see your point. I think their rationale is just poking fun at themselves because they expect a lot of traditional-minded fans to hate the new look.

Who knows man, God forbid if Shero doesn't do well here and Lou gets bored in Toronto after helping to turn them into a better organization, maybe you see him try to come back here as GM and dismantle everything Shero did. I'm sure he feels he left with a lot unresolved and I'm sure many fans would be ecstatic if he returned. Although he'd be really up there in age and he'd also have to convince the new ownership to go along with his plans.  

The best years of my life. The Devils have been bad for all of them, the Phillies are bad, the Nets moved, Temple basketball is on the decline, Hurricane Sandy happened, and Donald Trump is president probably through the rest of my 20s. And now this happened.

I'm moving to New Zealand. Sick of this sh!t.

2 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

Yea I know. I lost my WiFi and had to edit the end of my paragraph.  I definitely see your point. I think their rationale is just poking fun at themselves because they expect a lot of traditional-minded fans to hate the new look.

Who knows man, God forbid if Shero doesn't do well here and Lou gets bored in Toronto after helping to turn them into a better organization, maybe you see him try to come back here as GM and dismantle everything Shero did. I'm sure he feels he left with a lot unresolved and I'm sure many fans would be ecstatic if he returned. Although he'd be really up there in age and he'd also have to convince the new ownership to go along with his plans.  

I can't see that ever happening but stranger things have happened with this team so who knows Lol

This change really came at a bad time. We have missed the playoffs for 5 straight seasons and 6 of the past 7. We have seen every last good piece from the past move on now. Now the changes with the jerseys as well. I don't expect to win the cup every year but I have spent a ton of money watching some really bad hockey with my season tickets, especially over these past 3 years so my tolerance for the social media guy trying to be funny couldn't be lower. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

With Lou, nobody would even know what the jerseys looked like yet.

1 hour ago, slasher72 said:

If things don't start turning around this year I'm sh!tcanning Shero by the end of the season. And I would crawl back to Lou. Would give anything for him to walk through those doors and order some intern to haul this these abominations into the Pru Center incinerator

And it would happen DAY ONE

I love how they randomly decided to embrace the Kansas City / Colorado / Newark nonsense teams all of a sudden. Besides a few banners and jerseys in the arena and the Colorado type logo for McMullen when has the team ever cared about those teams? They aren't our teams, there's always a few walking around with the jerseys but they are an extreme minority. I just don't get it, I don't and will never care about that aspect of our "history"

My teams history began in 1982 and I don't care about anything other then that.

• Like 3

Just now, Satans Hockey said:

I love how they randomly decided to embrace the Kansas City / Colorado / Newark nonsense teams all of a sudden. Besides a few banners and jerseys in the arena and the Colorado type logo for McMullen when has the team ever cared about those teams? They aren't our teams, there's always a few walking around with the jerseys but they are an extreme minority. I just don't get it, I don't and will never care about that aspect of our "history"

My teams history began in 1982 and I don't care about anything other then that.

Totally agree. Yea thanks those stupid weird fat stripes around the arm were inspired by the Scouts. Terrific. You can take your Scouts and Rockies and Newark Bullfrogs and blow them out of your ass.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, '7' said:

Totally agree. Yea thanks those stupid weird fat stripes around the arm were inspired by the Scouts. Terrific. You can take your Scouts and Rockies and Newark Bullfrogs and blow them out of your ass.

It's even worse when you look up the stats. 6 seasons in Colorado and 2 in Kansas City. I looked up the Newark team, they played 1 year and 40 games. Not a single time in those 9 seasons did any of those teams finish above .500  

In those 9 seasons 150 wins and 417 losses and 109 ties. 

There's so much amazing history there it's no wonder why we decided to honor them all. fvcking dumb. 

Edited by Satans Hockey

My last issue with the "heritage" stuff and I'll try not to harp on this over and over but if Kansas City and Colorado actually had decent teams and crowds there's a good chance we never have a team in the first place because they wouldn't have had a reason to move. We should be thankful that they were garbage there but we sure as hell shouldn't honor or pay tribute to them.