The Devils Uniforms

Since1982-83

4 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

To be honest, I think the thing that bothers me most is the shoulders.

Followed closely by the lack of anything on the jersey below the logo.  

But the shoulders just look fvcked up.

I'm not loving the truncated yoke either, but I think the one element that's really killing the whole vibe, more than any other change, are the oversized white stripes...it's just too much white, and its presence is overwhelming everything else.  If they just ditched the 1/3rd - 1/3rd - 1/3rd ratio, and had the black account for 40%-50% of the sleeve striping, I could live with the rest of the jersey as is...not saying that I'll ever like it as much as I did the outgoing design, but I would definitely move from the "Oh God WHY?!" crowd, and into the "Meh, it's OK" group. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, devilsfan26 said:

That stuff is probably more from Adidas than the Devils.

Nothing is done to a registered trademark without  ownership approval, so they bought in on Adidas' redisgn pitch? Odd, hope someone within leaks the true course of what transpired from beginning to this date.

This does bring up other visual technical factors, I see the bold striping and reduction of the shoulder-changes, but with all arenas upgrading to 4K, HDR, DolbyVision high speed, instant storage/recall cameras at the arenas/trucks,, you don't need bolder striping etc for the viewing audience, maybe 25 years ago when everyone was watching 4:3 format, 525 line interlace garbage small TeeVees, but today's world for covering hockey has visually changed to widescreen format 16:9 supersized big gulp panels. I personally watch the games on a 92" widescreen and review many of the recordings in 3D mode.  Maybe Bettman and his outdoor stadium series need something like this, oh well. Like they say, it's done and the fans have to live with it. 

PS: One problem I had with the previous manufacturer of the league's team jersey are the whites. They have become so thin/sheer, you see and read what kind of pads the player was wearing. I hope Adidas has increased the opacity of the white material. Don't have any pics to show what I'm trying to convey.

Edited by HOLLYWOOD

9 minutes ago, HOLLYWOOD said:

Nothing is done to a registered trademark without  ownership approval, so they bought in on Adidas' redisgn pitch? Odd, hope someone within leaks the true course of what transpired from beginning to this date.

This does bring up other visual technical factors, I see the bold striping and reduction of the shoulder-changes, but with all arenas upgrading to 4K, HDR, DolbyVision high speed cameras at the arenas, you don't need bolder striping etc for the viewing audience, maybe 25 years ago when everyone was watching 4:3 525 line interlace garbage small TeeVees, but today's world for covering hockey has visually changed.  Maybe Bettman and his outdoor stadium series need something like this, oh well. Like they say, it's done and the fans have to live with it. 

This reflects very poorly on the judgement of our management. 

2 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Hell, I would've even preferred this

Yeah, even if the stripes were higher up like they are on the new jerseys, I absolutely could've lived with this. 

• Like 1

I would've been OK with the above too...maybe a little space between the bottom black and white (showing some red), but I'm good with that as is, under the circumstances. 

36 minutes ago, TheMazz said:

On the flip side of the coin, it could be a WHOLE LOT worse. Look at the abomination that Nashville and Edmonton got stuck with.

Actually, I think most of the league's jerseys either got better or stayed the same, and we are the only one that got worse.  Edmonton's jerseys are the same as what they've been wearing as their third jersey, and used as their home jersey in the playoffs.

Carolina's new jerseys are similar to their original design, which I think is good.
Nashville's jerseys I think are a big improvement, getting rid of the notorious Reebok vertical piping.  This small change makes a big difference in my opinion.
Colorado also ditching their hideous Reebok atrocities and going back to their original design is a colossal improvement.
Minnesota's new jerseys look pretty good.
Calgary ditching the vertical piping too.
Vegas's jerseys are solid, although I think they would look a little better if they were black instead of gray.  I would also have liked to see their away jersey be yellow since they are the Golden Knights, but Nashville wearing yellow at home kind of screws that up.

Everyone else has the same designs they had last year.

8 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Or even this, from the Devils subreddit.  A basic fix using MS paint:

lq5Q4J6.png

Still bad but...slightly better yes.

This would be a D+ version of our old uniforms. But yea I'd take it now over what we have.

Edited by '7'

1 hour ago, Beezer34 said:

I guarantee you, there will be bullsh!t between fans over this nonsense. You mix passionate opinions, with alcohol.. and then you get bullsh!t. If that ever happens around me.. I'm begin taken out in cuffs.

Lol this is laughable. Going from your high horse telling everyone to accept the jerseys, there's nothing you can do, everyone is wasting their time. But god forbid someone makes a joke about a hipster wearing the new jersey you'll be "taken out in cuffs". Easy there, champ. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

I stopped reading once you said Nashville's is an improvement. We're not gonna see eye to eye lol.

Probably not, but I don't really see how the new one is worse than the old one.  I thought all of the jerseys with vertical piping looked bad, I'm glad everybody is getting rid of them now.  Nashville's new jersey looks more like what a hockey jersey is supposed to look like--clean and simple with no vertical mumbo jumbo going up the sides.
predators-jersey-adidas.jpg

Edited by devilsfan26

24 minutes ago, Devils Pride 26 said:

Lol this is laughable. Going from your high horse telling everyone to accept the jerseys, there's nothing you can do, everyone is wasting their time. But god forbid someone makes a joke about a hipster wearing the new jersey you'll be "taken out in cuffs". Easy there, champ. 

A passing joke's alot different than a drunk publicly hosing a dude for wearing the new threads. I meant what I said.

Edit: And there's no "high horse" here either. Just utter hilarity from reading the jersey tripe the last 24 hours.

Edited by Beezer34

3 minutes ago, HOLLYWOOD said:

Almost looks like he's about to tear it in half, heh heh...maybe deep down (or not so deep down) he wants to. 

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Almost looks like he's about to tear it in half, heh heh...maybe deep down (or not so deep down) he wants to. 

hah, you know looking at that redesign Kenny is holding, one can see the bottom black trim, it will get completely lost with the players wearing their black hockey pants, so it could give the visual impression of their jerseys being shorter in length than most other teams. I consider that a mistake.

5 minutes ago, Beezer34 said:

A passing joke's alot different than a drunk publicly hosing a dude for wearing the new threads. I meant what I said.

Edit: And there's no "high horse" here either. Just utter hilarity from reading the jersey tripe the last 24 hours.

People voicing their opinions on the displeasure of a new jersey is hilarious and unacceptable but being taken out of the rink in cuffs on assault charges after "defending" someone being made fun of wearing a jersey is acceptable behavior? Come on man, you're better than this. 

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

One thing I'm dreading is seeing Stevens or Brodeur or Daneyko wearing these. It would be kind of insulting to their legacy to be dressed up in something so 3rd rate, cheap and ugly. Any functions where they put jerseys on should be our real uniforms. The ones they played in.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Seeing that picture, with the two of them side by side.  Oh...My...God.  I was never one to think we had "a top 5 jersey in the league" so to speak, but I always liked them for their simplicity.  After this re-design though, I'm seeing it in a whole new light, and I appreciate it that much more for its classic and simple beauty.  And seeing those two next to each other really only further highlights how big those fvcking stripes are on the arms.  It's circus-like.  I'll never understand how something like this got approved.  It's really just awful. The more I look at it, the more I hate it.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, '7' said:

One thing I'm dreading is seeing Stevens or Brodeur or Daneyko wearing these. It would be kind of insulting to their legacy to be dressed up in something so 3rd rate, cheap and ugly. Any functions where they put jerseys on should be our real uniforms. The ones they played in.

I'm REALLY hoping that they're not stuck wearing these at Elias' retirement ceremony. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Devils Pride 26 said:

People voicing their opinions on the displeasure of a new jersey is hilarious and unacceptable but being taken out of the rink in cuffs on assault charges after "defending" someone being made fun of wearing a jersey is acceptable behavior? Come on man, you're better than this. 

You're trying to be cute, but you know exactly what I meant. There's an obvious grey area between teasing, and making someone's experience at a game unenjoyable.

I refuse to take your bait further than I already did. If you want the last word beyond this, be my guest.

17 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I'm not loving the truncated yoke either, but I think the one element that's really killing the whole vibe, more than any other change, are the oversized white stripes...it's just too much white, and its presence is overwhelming everything else.  If they just ditched the 1/3rd - 1/3rd - 1/3rd ratio, and had the black account for 40%-50% of the sleeve striping, I could live with the rest of the jersey as is...not saying that I'll ever like it as much as I did the outgoing design, but I would definitely move from the "Oh God WHY?!" crowd, and into the "Meh, it's OK" group. 

I do think it would look better with two black stripes around one white stripe on the arm, but I do like the wide stripes. Just make them opposite colors.