The Devils Uniforms

Since1982-83

6 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I'm REALLY hoping that they're not stuck wearing these at Elias' retirement ceremony. 

Lou Lamoriello will likely be at this ceremony.

If he is, I can guarantee the jerseys will not be.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, '7' said:

I get what you're saying, but Lou Lamoriello has absolutely zero say in what the Devils do at their ceremony while he's GM of another team. 

Nor do I think Lou is the type of person to step on another organizations toes like that. 

I would've loved to have been a fly on the wall when Lou saw these monstrosities for the first time. If there were any jelly jars in the room, they may not have made it out alive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Speaking of retirement ceremonies, I wonder if they will now take the bottom stripes off the retirement banners in the rafters to conform with the new design :D

YOU SHUT YOUR GOD DAMN WHORE MOUTH LEAVE MY BANNERS ALONE SO HELP ME GOD

*cough* I mean, uh, no I doubt they'll do that, doesn't seem to make much sense right?

Edited by Devilsfan118
  • Like 7

15 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Speaking of retirement ceremonies, I wonder if they will now take the bottom stripes off the retirement banners in the rafters to conform with the new design :D

They won't even fix the Neids banner so I think it's safe to say no they won't do this either lol

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

YOU SHUT YOUR GOD DAMN WHORE MOUTH LEAVE MY BANNERS ALONE SO HELP ME GOD

*cough* I mean, uh, no I doubt they'll do that, doesn't seem to make much sense right?

Lol who cares it's just a Championship Banner. Stop whining we're just adding some glitter and neon to it. Think it looks fresh.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, '7' said:

Ok ok. We will add a tiny black stripe at the bottom for the Newark Bullfrogs

Sometime in the next day or two, when no one's around, they're going to hand Wee Man a black Sharpie and dangle him from the rafters.  Teaser pics to come out before the draft. 

• Like 1

dc0dh0juwaehcxy_orig.jpg
This nod to history stuff is laughable.
(1)  CHAMPIONSHIP COLLAR:  I never understood the point of putting stuff on the inside of a jersey where you can only see it when it's not being worn.
(2)  HONORING THE ORIGINAL:  It says the single stripe on the bottom honors the Newark Bulldogs, but then it shows a picture of the Bulldogs jersey which clearly has way more than one stripe.
(3)  RED COLLAR:  Not a single person would have been able to deduce that this is a tribute to the Scouts without this image telling us.  It's like they made the collar red and then threw this description in there as an attempt to keep people from being mad about it or something.
(4)  SLEEVE STRIPES:  Again, nobody would have ever made the connection between the sleeve stripes and the Rockies, and the stripes don't even look like the stripes on the Rockies' jerseys.  Yeah they're all the same width, but they are way bigger.

The time to honor the Devils' lineage going back to the Rockies and Scouts was in 1982, not in 2017, especially considering the Devils have had the same uniforms for 25 years. (Of course, the stated reasons in #3 and #4 above probably are only the company line, rather than the actual reasons.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, bobilly45 said:

A whole 381 people signed what will be a pointless petition...

The petition was just posted and the jerseys unveiled less than 24hrs ago. Also there are other separate petitions. 

The point is to show the Devils that the vast majority of its fan base disproves of this crap jersey. 

Hope that clears it up for you

30 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Again - the Devils have 513 THOUSAND twitter followers. They have 150 thousand instagram followers. A petition with 300 signatures -- even if it got 10x that many -- does not represent a "vast majority" of the fan base.

Most of the reaction you see online is negative because the large amount of people who are "meh" about the uniform aren't going to comment 400 times on twitter to the Devils about "OH MY GOD! THE JERSEY IS FINE I REALLY DONT MIND IT". 

People who post on NJDevs are superfans. We're on page 20 about adding an inch to the white stripes on the uniforms. The VAST majority of the fan base, people like my dad who watch ~60 games a year and attend ~20, reeeeeeally don't give a crap. I sent him a picture yesterday and he said "Just had to google what the old one was. Not a big difference. Same logo, I'm happy". He's not going to go on twitter to rant about that opinion, so you've let your little confirmation bias confuse you into thinking that the vocal minority represents the vast majority. 

Most of those people are not active fans who have any idea of what's going on with the Devils at all. Many are not even people.

When a team makes a positive uniform change, you hear about it. When it does wrong...you hear about it. The folks who liked the Devils on Instagram years ago after a game and have not logged in in years don't count.