The Devils Uniforms

Since1982-83

1 minute ago, '7' said:

Most of those people are not active fans who have any idea of what's going on with the Devils at all. Many are not even people.

When a team makes a positive uniform change, you hear about it. When it does wrong...you hear about it. The folks who liked the Devils on Instagram years ago after a game and have not logged in in years don't count.

Take away 90% of the twitter followers to be on the extreme side and you get roughly 50,000 accounts/people.  300 out of 50,000 is less than 1% who signed the petition.

34 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Again - the Devils have 513 THOUSAND twitter followers. They have 150 thousand instagram followers. A petition with 300 signatures -- even if it got 10x that many -- does not represent a "vast majority" of the fan base.

Most of the reaction you see online is negative because the large amount of people who are "meh" about the uniform aren't going to comment 400 times on twitter to the Devils about "OH MY GOD! THE JERSEY IS FINE I REALLY DONT MIND IT". People who post on NJDevs are superfans. We're on page 20 about adding an inch to the white stripes on the uniforms.

Lol.. And like I said.. the true grunts will bellow once fans start going to games and see several other fans wearing the new jersey's.

My brother-in-law's a big Devils fan. Been a fan since 94. Goes to 5-8 games a year, and he's pumped for the new jersey's. When I told him about the negative reaction this morning from HF & NjDevs, he's like: "what's njdevs?"

I may be in the minority, but I actually like the direction the NHL jerseys are heading towards. If they happen to be able to make the new hockey jerseys a cross between a hockey jersey and a long sleeve soccer jersey I will be so pumped for that. Gotta see how it looks in person (On a person) before I get one of Hischier

Just now, Mu6atu said:

I may be in the minority, but I actually like the direction the NHL jerseys are heading towards. If they happen to be able to make the new hockey jerseys a cross between a hockey jersey and a long sleeve soccer jersey I will be so pumped for that. Gotta see how it looks in person (On a person) before I get one of Hischier

i like thejerseys to

2 minutes ago, Mu6atu said:

You are in the minority

What's so great about a soccer jersey? It's just a shirt with a company logo on it. It really doesn't inspire much.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, '7' said:

You are in the minority

What's so great about a soccer jersey? It's just a shirt with a company logo on it. It really doesn't inspire much.

The silky smooth feel of the jersey. Soccer jerseys are the most enjoyable type of jersey to wear, and I don't believe to be in the minority on that one. 

Edited by Mu6atu
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mu6atu said:

I may be in the minority, but I actually like the direction the NHL jerseys are heading towards.

Minority among who? The zealots? I'm crushed.

I also like the new jersey's.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chuck the Duck said:

I'm starting to like the jersey re-design.  Not because of the way they look - they are still ugly AF - but because of the hilarity in some of the comments being posted and the fact that this forum has had the most activity in over 3 years since the launch.

To be fair it's not like we have had anything great to talk about over those years lol

1 hour ago, DevsMan84 said:

They're not.  All the teams have 17 on them as that is this year.

1 hour ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Can't tell if you're serious, but all of the jerseys have 17 on it, as in 2017

The irony in my statement came from the hoardes of FB/insta/twitter cretins insinuating that this meant Kovy was back. Should've stated that.

• Like 1

I think if they switched the colors on the arm bands with 2 black bars being on the outside of one white one, and added two thick black and white waist bands like on the islanders jersey, it could be the sickest jersey in the NHL. I don't have any photoshopping apps on my phone or laptop to show what I mean.

Edited by Jerzey

4 hours ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Again - the Devils have 513 THOUSAND twitter followers. They have 150 thousand instagram followers. A petition with 300 signatures -- even if it got 10x that many -- does not represent a "vast majority" of the fan base.

Most of the reaction you see online is negative because the large amount of people who are "meh" about the uniform aren't going to comment 400 times on twitter to the Devils about "OH MY GOD! THE JERSEY IS FINE I REALLY DONT MIND IT". 

People who post on NJDevs are superfans. We're on page 20 about adding an inch to the white stripes on the uniforms. The VAST majority of the fan base, people like my dad who watch ~60 games a year and attend ~20, reeeeeeally don't give a crap. I sent him a picture yesterday and he said "Just had to google what the old one was. Not a big difference. Same logo, I'm happy". He's not going to go on twitter to rant about that opinion, so you've let your little confirmation bias confuse you into thinking that the vocal minority represents the vast majority. 

While everything you said here may be true, I think it's worth noting that the superfans are the ones keeping the team in business.

7 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

Speaking of retirement ceremonies, I wonder if they will now take the bottom stripes off the retirement banners in the rafters to conform with the new design :D

7 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

That's not even funny. emoji57.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No that was pretty funny. 

4 hours ago, Mu6atu said:

The silky smooth feel of the jersey. Soccer jerseys are the most enjoyable type of jersey to wear, and I don't believe to be in the minority on that one. 

You can't really compare the two though. A soccer jersey really isn't a jersey...it's just a tight-ish long sleeved shirt for running. A hockey jersey is heavier, bulkier, baggier. Meant to have equipment under it. You can't really marry the two.

14 hours ago, Jerzey said:

I think if they switched the colors on the arm bands with 2 black bars being on the outside of one white one, and added two thick black and white waist bands like on the islanders jersey, it could be the sickest jersey in the NHL. I don't have any photoshopping apps on my phone or laptop to show what I mean.

I'm terrible at this but you get the idea

blackstripe.jpg

EDIT: Kind of funny that we were both struggling to make this stupid mock up at EXACTLY the same time

Edited by Crisis
  • Like 3

Just now, Crisis said:

I'm terrible at this but you get the idea

blackstripe.jpg

Wow you were way quicker at that then me, haha. Thanks. If you add a white waist band and make the black one thicker and that's what I think would make these better,

Just now, Nicomo said:

That's slightly better but it still has Picard shoulders. 

Yeah those can go back to normal too.