The Devils Uniforms

Since1982-83

6 minutes ago, Chuck the Duck said:

The floatie like armbands are still too thick, but it looks a little better with the 2 black stripes instead of the white.  No matter what thouh, it will always look like an unfinished/practice jersey without the striping at the waist.

I wish that Picard shirt photo was never compared to it because now that's all I see.

The pajama thing too. I see that

Edited by '7'

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

That's slightly better but it still has Picard shoulders. 

Agree, still not good overall, but definitely better. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

You're really planning to complain about this for years? Ugh. 

You're surprised? It's been years with the R&R part 2/You suck stuff. 

I don't think you really understand the commitment of the people who hate this

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chuck the Duck said:

The floatie like armbands are still too thick, but it looks a little better with the 2 black stripes instead of the white.  No matter what thouh, it will always look like an unfinished/practice jersey without the striping at the waist.

That's great, from now on I'll just refer to them as our 'Swimmies'

1 hour ago, '7' said:

You're surprised? It's been years with the R&R part 2/You suck stuff. 

I don't think you really understand the commitment of the people who hate this

I guess. The only thing that will change it is the almighty dollar. If the thing doesn't sell, they will change it. 

My guess is that they use these this season, add a third next year, and don't consider changing back until 2020-2021 at the earliest. 

And I'm not defending the jerseys. They are very meh and plain. 

Overall I really hate the Adidas jerseys, not from a design perspective, but the template, material, and cut makes them all feel even more gimmicky, plastic, and standardized than the edge did. Feels more and more every year that the character is sucked out of clubs, and I'm consuming the NHL product and nothing more. I know that's how it is with the franchise model to begin with, but it just feels worse with each passing season. But  I'll get used to these and complain about the Nike redesign in 2027.

I'll never accept these fvcking rags they're making us wear, though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thecoffeecake said:

Overall I really hate the Adidas jerseys, not from a design perspective, but the template, material, and cut makes them all feel even more gimmicky, plastic, and standardized than the edge did. Feels more and more every year that the character is sucked out of clubs, and I'm consuming the NHL product and nothing more. I know that's how it is with the franchise model to begin with, but it just feels worse with each passing season. But  I'll get used to these and complain about the Nike redesign in 2027.

I'll never accept these fvcking rags they're making us wear, though.

The materials are supposed to keep the player cooler, and release heat.  Players care about that, and could give 2 shots what you say about the materials.   The jersey is a bit of a small change, but overall the same.  Suck it up buttercups and move on to something else

It would be nice if people would stop telling eachother how to feel. We have every right to dislike it. If you don't, great, buy 5 of them. Unless you were in on designing it I don't understand getting so upset with people that are voicing their displeasure with it. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

It would be nice if people would stop telling eachother how to feel. We have every right to dislike it. If you don't, great, buy 5 of them. Unless you were in on designing it I don't understand getting so upset with people that are voicing their displeasure with it. 

It's probably because people are reaching apoplectic levels over this. It's not really warranted.

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

It's been like 2 days. People will calm down. For now just let us vent. :P

Or they can just not read threads about the Devils uniforms? 

I for one don't care much about the goal song or YS. So I don't participate in it. But I also don't tell people who carry that flame to get over it.

The Devils are too proud an organization to have these 3rd rate pajamas. We need to do better.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, '7' said:

Or they can just not read threads about the Devils uniforms? 

I for one don't care much about the goal song or YS. So I don't participate in it. But I also don't tell people who carry that flame to get over it.

The Devils are too proud an organization to have these 3rd rate pajamas. We need to do better.

What makes them pajamas, just curious?

On 6/21/2017 at 6:57 AM, Beezer34 said:

You hit the nail on the head. The people that hate the new jersey, are the same people that wanted to keep the old goal song.. the same people that chant You Suck.. the same people that wanted Lou to GM until he was 98.. the same people that wanted Marty to play until he was 52...

Dude, did anyone tell you that you should be writing for some late night TV show or some comedy sitcom? Your posts make me bust out laughing bro..Lou until he's 98, Marty in goal until he's 53! LOL!!!! Great stuff, even if it was uninentional.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Anyone know if it's still possible to get a customized Reebok jersey?

If we end up drafting #1 O/A I want to get the kid's name on a jersey, but it goes without saying that I ain't spending money on the new one.

I think you can yes. And it should be possible to alway find the Devils full classic uniform somewhere. After all they are going to make throwbacks and such. So in the future you'd just get a blank throwback and get a current player on it. 

15 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Anyone know if it's still possible to get a customized Reebok jersey?

If we end up drafting #1 O/A I want to get the kid's name on a jersey, but it goes without saying that I ain't spending money on the new one.

I'm sure there are plenty of places that will have the old ones at discount. I'll grab a couple although I'm sure they switch back in a few years.