The Devils Uniforms

Since1982-83

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

And funniest part of the flaming dildo jerseys would be they still weren't the worst in NHL history.

Buffaslug, Fishsticks, Mooterus, Whinnie the pooh, all probably worse. :lol:

While goofy this is the first time I have ever heard of the Pooh jersey being considered as "bad."  They are actually kind of collectible now these days, especially the gamers.

Plus they were third jerseys (along with the Mooterus) where being goofy is almost a requirement.

6 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

While goofy this is the first time I have ever heard of the Pooh jersey being considered as "bad."  They are actually kind of collectible now these days, especially the gamers.

Plus they were third jerseys (along with the Mooterus) where being goofy is almost a requirement.

I think the Pooh Bear was not as bad as people like to say it was, especially because as you said, it was a 3rd jersey. They didn't try to replace their iconic jersey with a new design and a new logo. 

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I think the Pooh Bear was not as bad as people like to say it was, especially because as you said, it was a 3rd jersey. They didn't try to replace their iconic jersey with a new design and a new logo. 

Exactly.  Very few 3rd jerseys are actually pretty decent.  The only team to really have good success with them on a consistent basis are the Rangers with the Liberty (both blue and white) and current Heritage jerseys and even with their one offs (2012 WC was nice, the 2014 SS was the only misstep).

Out of the regulars, the Islanders Fishsticks, the Sabres Buffaslug and Canuck's Flying V jerseys are probably the worst.  I think the Blue's mid 90's, and anything Thrashers are not too far behind.

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I think the Thrashers literally had a 3 year old designing their jerseys. 

To me their jerseys looked like it was designed by a high school aged boy who spent most of time in class doodling designs in his notebook that he thought would look cool on his skateboard.

4 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

Exactly.  Very few 3rd jerseys are actually pretty decent.  The only team to really have good success with them on a consistent basis are the Rangers with the Liberty (both blue and white) and current Heritage jerseys and even with their one offs (2012 WC was nice, the 2014 SS was the only misstep).

Out of the regulars, the Islanders Fishsticks, the Sabres Buffaslug and Canuck's Flying V jerseys are probably the worst.  I think the Blue's mid 90's, and anything Thrashers are not too far behind.

The Blue Jackets 3rd jerseys are pretty popular in Columbus. I certainly see A LOT of them at Nationwide Arena. 

Anyway, I'm really suprised you guys dig the Whinnie the pooh's. I thought they were awful. 

Edited by Nicomo

13 minutes ago, thecoffeecake said:

The sens third is top notch. But yea, most thirds that aren't retros are trash.

Some of the retros are the worst ones, like the Dr. Suess Habs. I mean WTF... :o

Montreal-Canadiens-Throwback.jpg

Edited by Nicomo

I won't buy one of these new jerseys and I hated what Reebok did to the league's jerseys as a whole, so I didn't even buy any of those.  If I like Hischier enough to get a jersey, I'd get a Switzerland or Halifax jersey instead.  I don't need to have the latest Devils jersey--Brodeur, Stevens, Elias, and Daneyko jerseys aren't going out of style anytime soon, and they look better anyway.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Some of the retros are the worst ones, like the Dr. Suess Habs. I mean WTF... :o

That's all about confusing the opponent. Wear that outfit and nobody will know what the fvck you are going to do or what you are capable of. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Nicomo said:

I always thought those were the best out of the Hab's centennial series of jerseys they wore that year (either 08-09 or 09-10 I believe).  Other ones were either plain or not a whole lot different than what they wore.

Toronto wore their St. Pat's jerseys last year that were really nice.  Ottawa Senators throwbacks (especially the whites) are really nice too.

One of my favorite one-off jerseys from recent memory for me are the Red Wings Centennial Classic from this past season.  It's minimalist and beautiful at the same time and the shade of white they chose is probably the whitest color I have ever seen on a jersey.

9 hours ago, Nicomo said:

That actually hurts to look at...a bit like those throwback Steeler jerseys, only the Canadiens' version manages to be even WORSE.

7 hours ago, devilsfan26 said:

I won't buy one of these new jerseys and I hated what Reebok did to the league's jerseys as a whole, so I didn't even buy any of those.  If I like Hischier enough to get a jersey, I'd get a Switzerland or Halifax jersey instead.  I don't need to have the latest Devils jersey--Brodeur, Stevens, Elias, and Daneyko jerseys aren't going out of style anytime soon, and they look better anyway.

Just bought one white authentic and one red authentic Reebok...will probably get them both personalized to Hischier once his number is announced (the red one for sure), and then I'm out of the jersey business for a while...I may never have bought the Reeboks if not for the Adidas redesign.  As far as Devils jerseys go, I've got a rookie #29 white Brodeur, red Y2K Daneyko, red preseason game-worn #28 Kevin Dean (I've had it for several years now courtesy of DM84, but have never worn it), white Gilmour (this one isn't in the best shape unfortunately), white #16 Verbeek (this one's from the mid-80s), and a white #33 game-issued Auvitu (for the McMullen game...just got this one along with the Verbeek...always wanted one of those McMullen night jerseys, and Auvitu was simply the most affordable).  Along with the Rockies and Scouts jerseys that I have, I can get by without ever having to buy any of the Adidas jerseys.     

Just now, Chuck the Duck said:

I just had a seizure from looking at those monstrosities.  Holy sh!t!  Staring at them is the equivalent to being on a BROWN acid trip.

Fixed

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chuck the Duck said:

I just had a seizure from looking at those monstrosities.  Holy sh!t!  Staring at them is the equivalent to being on an acid trip.

If you thought those were bad, be worried that if there is ever a Seattle team that they might dust off an old Metropolitans jersey from the 1910's:

1263_6051_large.gif

Also if you like older style jerseys, there is a company called Ebbets Field Flannels that reproduces old style jerseys (usually 60+ years ago) and sells them made to order.  They try to use original materials as much as possible or get as close as they can.  That's why their jerseys are largely wool and made to order (thus pricey).  That's where I got the above picture from.  They largely do baseball, but do some hockey too:

http://www.ebbets.com/category/HockeySweaters

On 7/5/2017 at 9:24 AM, CommonDreads said:

I don't anticipate myself buying a jersey unless Nico Hischier comes in and puts up 60 points in his first season, otherwise I might impulsively buy one out of love.

I honestly believe next year they're going to reintroduce the red & green retros as a full time 3rd, and when the jersey sales of that jersey blow away the new unis they're gonna switch back to the retros full time. I think in 3 years, we'll be back in the 1980 retros full time, and I wouldn't really complain with that.

I liked the old green unis too, however I've seen mock ups (fan created) of the black and red color scheme on retro ish unis substituting the black for the green...it looks really good. 

I wouldn't mind if green made a permanent return once we ditch these cheap knockoffs, but I don't think it will happen. I think we'll just have the green 3rd jersey

20 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

That actually hurts to look at...a bit like those throwback Steeler jerseys, only the Canadiens' version manages to be even WORSE.

Just bought one white authentic and one red authentic Reebok...will probably get them both personalized to Hischier once his number is announced (the red one for sure), and then I'm out of the jersey business for a while...I may never have bought the Reeboks if not for the Adidas redesign.  As far as Devils jerseys go, I've got a rookie #29 white Brodeur, red Y2K Daneyko, red preseason game-worn #28 Kevin Dean (I've had it for several years now courtesy of DM84, but have never worn it), white Gilmour (this one isn't in the best shape unfortunately), white #16 Verbeek (this one's from the mid-80s), and a white #33 game-issued Auvitu (for the McMullen game...just got this one along with the Verbeek...always wanted one of those McMullen night jerseys, and Auvitu was simply the most affordable).  Along with the Rockies and Scouts jerseys that I have, I can get by without ever having to buy any of the Adidas jerseys.     

I have a red #22 Lemieux with the 95 Cup Final patch on it. CCM of course. After a lot of years the jersey still looks amazing and that's after loaning it out to my brother in law for pick up adult league games and such. It's amazing how durable the CCM's are. It's not absolutely pristine but nobody would guess 20+ years. And the design of it just looks so much better than the Adidas. It looks complete. No large empty spots, no weird collars or Newark Beardogs (who are they again?) single stripe "tributes". Also, the stitching held up very well.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, '7' said:

I wouldn't mind if green made a permanent return once we ditch these cheap knockoffs, but I don't think it will happen. I think we'll just have the green 3rd jersey

From your post to Shero's ears!

41 minutes ago, '7' said:

I have a red #22 Lemieux with the 95 Cup Final patch on it. CCM of course. After a lot of years the jersey still looks amazing and that's after loaning it out to my brother in law for pick up adult league games and such. It's amazing how durable the CCM's are. It's not absolutely pristine but nobody would guess 20+ years. And the design of it just looks so much better than the Adidas. It looks complete. No large empty spots, no weird collars or Newark Beardogs (who are they again?) single stripe "tributes". Also, the stitching held up very well.

Yeah, my Y2K Daneyko has held up beautifully, 17 years later.  The Gilmour not being in the best of shape is my fault, really.  All of my other jerseys are pretty much pristine.  Since I always wear a shirt underneath them, and only wear them for 4-5 hours at a clip, they don't get washed with every wear...more like every 3rd or 4th wear.  That's definitely helped.   

1 hour ago, DevsMan84 said:

I always thought those were the best out of the Hab's centennial series of jerseys they wore that year (either 08-09 or 09-10 I believe).  Other ones were either plain or not a whole lot different than what they wore.

Toronto wore their St. Pat's jerseys last year that were really nice.  Ottawa Senators throwbacks (especially the whites) are really nice too.

One of my favorite one-off jerseys from recent memory for me are the Red Wings Centennial Classic from this past season.  It's minimalist and beautiful at the same time and the shade of white they chose is probably the whitest color I have ever seen on a jersey.

Those were the best? That's like being the friendliest cannibal serial killer on death row!

14 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah, my Y2K Daneyko has held up beautifully, 17 years later.  The Gilmour not being in the best of shape is my fault, really.  All of my other jerseys are pretty much pristine.  Since I always wear a shirt underneath them, and only wear them for 4-5 hours at a clip, they don't get washed with every wear...more like every 3rd or 4th wear.  That's definitely helped.   

There's no question the older ones wear better. 

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Ugh... I give it another season until you start to see this sh!t: http://www.tsn.ca/ads-on-nhl-jerseys-fine-says-mlse-boss-1.504460 EDIT: didn't realize this article is from a year ago, but the point stands.

I mean, not to be a debbie downer but the Sixers were the first team to adopt uniform ads in the NBA...

4 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

If you thought those were bad, be worried that if there is ever a Seattle team that they might dust off an old Metropolitans jersey from the 1910's:

1263_6051_large.gif

Also if you like older style jerseys, there is a company called Ebbets Field Flannels that reproduces old style jerseys (usually 60+ years ago) and sells them made to order.  They try to use original materials as much as possible or get as close as they can.  That's why their jerseys are largely wool and made to order (thus pricey).  That's where I got the above picture from.  They largely do baseball, but do some hockey too:

http://www.ebbets.com/category/HockeySweaters

That's Ho-Ho-Rendous.  Looks like an ugly Christmas sweater that actually has a chance of winning the bottle of egg nog (first prize) at a cheesy office holiday party.

• Like 2