The Devils Uniforms

Since1982-83

As for baseball Stadiums, the best experience I have ever had in one was a few years ago when I got tickets from a very large software company in the Audi Club (or whatever it's called) in Yankee Stadium.  Glass-enclosed seating in the left outfield with all-you-can-eat buffet (that was quite good) that was air-conditioned on a game day that was in the 90's.

5 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Not mine, but for comparison here is a nice red made-in-Canada Edge 2.0 customized as Zajac in size 54 on eBay for $100.  Customization is not perfect but still decent.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-ZAJAC-19-NJ-DEVILS-RBK-CCM-authentic-Center-Ice-jersey-size-54-/152613938795?hash=item23887fe66b:g:fOIAAOSwTf9ZU8V3

Is ebay the only place to get them though? I was under the impression the Canadian made Edge 2.0s weren't available to the public.

I want to have it customized Elias, so I would need a blank one.

Edited by Nicomo

2 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Not mine, but for comparison here is a nice red made-in-Canada Edge 2.0 customized as Zajac in size 54 on eBay for $100.  Customization is not perfect but still decent.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-ZAJAC-19-NJ-DEVILS-RBK-CCM-authentic-Center-Ice-jersey-size-54-/152613938795?hash=item23887fe66b:g:fOIAAOSwTf9ZU8V3

Is it a blatant drop in quality from the Canadas to the Indos? 

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Is ebay the place to get them though? I was under the impression the Canadian made Edge 2.0s weren't available to the public.

I want to have it customized Elias, so I would need a blank one.

Yes and no.  There are other avenues to get Edge 2.0's.  A seller named jerseybaron_com has had some sort of in with the Reebok people and has been able to get Canadian made Edge 2.0's for years now of just about every team and every style.  However, his pricing reflects that exclusivity (usually $300 and over).  Also some retailers like coolhockey and the like have had some stock of the Canadian Edge 2.0's from time to time in limited quantities and styles (Devils usually one of the hardest via this avenue). You can also get blanks or NOBR (name on backs removed) or NNOB (no name on back) from Meigray at times and those prices drop during the summer sale (usually 25-40% off).  Also you can find random jerseys like the Zajac jersey on ebay.

The one you posted is an Indo-Edges which tend to be pretty readily available (though if there is a run on jerseys now that might change that).

As for the upcoming Adidas Adizero jerseys, those won't be available to the public at all.  Even Jersey Baron said he won't be getting them in and several retailers have echoed this.  Literally to get the Canadian-made Adizero jerseys going forward you would have to either buy game worn, game issued or team overstock.

7 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Is it a blatant drop in quality from the Canadas to the Indos? 

Depends on the person really lol.  For the average person probably not.  For people into jerseys there is a noticeable difference.  The material for the air-knit panels are this faux air-knit type material that is also a little thinner.  The fight strap is also attached differently and not the same as the Canadian ones and from what I remember I do not think the Indo's have the double-elbows (have to check later when I get home as I only have 1 Indo in my collection).

Indo's are definitely a big step up from the premier replicas (which were always crappy to begin with), but the leap from them to Canadian made 2.0's is not that big.

15 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

They overdid the Dodgers crap though...a rotunda dedicated to a guy who never played a game as a Met (I get Jackie Robinson's place in baseball history transcends what team he played on, but still), with the rotunda itself a feature that pays homage to a team that not only bolted for the West Coast over 50 years prior, but is STILL VERY MUCH IN THE LEAGUE and is one of the premiere teams in MLB?!  You could even buy Sandy Koufax T-shirts in the clothing shops at Citi for a while...WTF?!

The problem was that Brooklyn Dodger history was given precedence over the team that actually plays in the building...and that made the Mets' brand-new ballpark feel less like home initially than Shea Stadium, sadly to the point that the opening of the new stadium that the Mets sorely needed was not nearly as celebrated as it should have been...what should have been a no-brainer slamdunk became more of a rim clanger (especially with the absurd outfield dimensions, which thankfully have been adjusted, and some obstructed views).  Now it's true that the Wilpons have made some welcome modifications (changing the outfield wall colors, bringing in the fences, adding a very nice Mets Hall of Fame, among other more subtle touches), but the problem with Fred and his demon seed Jeffy is that they never know what the right thing to do is until they fvck up royally first, then have to have everything explained to them.  Building a stadium that was obviously intended to be a shroud to the Brooklyn fvcking Dodgers was example #1000000 of how out of touch the Wilpons remain with the Met fanbase...and why it's forever difficult for fans to ever trust or embrace them. . 

It was a bit overdone, and I forgot about the Sandy Koufax t-shirts.  However, I may be bias because even though they were long gone by the time I was invented, I do have an interest in Brooklyn Dodgers and NY Giants history.  

As far as fvcking up first, makes me wonder about those advising him.  My guess is people who were working on the aesthetics and decor of the place didn't have the stones to tell him he was making a mistake.  Or, they did and they just didn't care.  

11 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

As for baseball Stadiums, the best experience I have ever had in one was a few years ago when I got tickets from a very large software company in the Audi Club (or whatever it's called) in Yankee Stadium.  Glass-enclosed seating in the left outfield with all-you-can-eat buffet (that was quite good) that was air-conditioned on a game day that was in the 90's.

I have tickets to sell with access to the Audi Club.  What pisses me off is I was led to believe I was getting seats IN the Audi Club.  What I have are regular field level seats with access.  Was annoyed when I received them, but under the circumstances of how I got them, it wasn't worth making a stink about.

Thanks for the info, 84. I think I'm going to snag one anyway if the difference to a casual jersey fan is that negligible. I just worry the good jerseys are going to become hard to find with these new atrocities coming out. 

3 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Depends on the person really lol.  For the average person probably not.  For people into jerseys there is a noticeable difference.  The material for the air-knit panels are this faux air-knit type material that is also a little thinner.  The fight strap is also attached differently and not the same as the Canadian ones and from what I remember I do not think the Indo's have the double-elbows (have to check later when I get home as I only have 1 Indo in my collection).

Indo's are definitely a big step up from the premier replicas (which were always crappy to begin with), but the leap from them to Canadian made 2.0's is not that big.

Gotchya.  These are just for me to wear to games, so I can deal with the not-too-crazy Indo downgrades.  Agree on the replicas being cheap in general quality, but for fans on very tight budgets, I get why people buy them.  Really wish they didn't have that big silver "HEY IT'S JUST A REPLICA!" patch on the lower stripe.  That really blows.   

8 minutes ago, Matteau#32 said:

I have tickets to sell with access to the Audi Club.  What pisses me off is I was led to believe I was getting seats IN the Audi Club.  What I have are regular field level seats with access.  Was annoyed when I received them, but under the circumstances of how I got them, it wasn't worth making a stink about.

I think those just give you access to the bar area of the Audi Club.  I actually had seats in the dining area that faced the field along with full access to the bar and buffet.

5 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Gotchya.  These are just for me to wear to games, so I can deal with the not-too-crazy Indo downgrades.  Agree on the replicas being cheap in general quality, but for fans on very tight budgets, I get why people buy them.  Really wish they didn't have that big silver "HEY IT'S JUST A REPLICA!" patch on the lower stripe.  That really blows.   

Agreed.  What's weird is that the premiers were modeled initially after the 1.0's (they look and feel a lot like them) but when the NHL moved to the 2.0's, Reebok didn't change the premiers one bit.  If they did, they would have shortened the sleeves a little bit and made the material air-knit like the old CCM 550 replicas.

Edit: Also the prices for the replicas were silly.  Back in the 90's, a blank replica at the store was about $60.  Now they are $120-150 depending on the place.  That's insane for a replica.

Edited by DevsMan84

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

Thanks for the info, 84. I think I'm going to snag one anyway if the difference to a casual jersey fan is that negligible. I just worry the good jerseys are going to become hard to find with these new atrocities coming out. 

Won't Adidas still make the classic Devils jerseys just because they're not considered throwbacks? Reebok did make the green. Would make sense that the nice looking real Devils look will still be available in some form

36 minutes ago, '7' said:

Won't Adidas still make the classic Devils jerseys just because they're not considered throwbacks? Reebok did make the green. Would make sense that the nice looking real Devils look will still be available in some form

But the Devils actually wear the green occasionally, will the current jerseys still be made if the team never wears them?

I ended up ordering a white Edge. I'm going to send it to Exclusive Pro and have it customized Elias. 

52 minutes ago, '7' said:

From what I understand, Reebok halted all production of the Edge jerseys.  Will Adidas continue to make the now "old" design is anyone's guess.  The third jersey program is on hold for this coming season, but is due to come out for the 18-19 season.  We will probably know then if the retro will come back in it's current form.

2 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

I think those just give you access to the bar area of the Audi Club.  I actually had seats in the dining area that faced the field along with full access to the bar and buffet.

That is what I thought I was getting.  Regardless, what I was told was whoever takes them needs to go on "open table" and they can make a reservation and have a table with buffet access for 2 hours.  However, it is not included in the ticket price.  Believe cost is $60/person.  Not sure when they open or when the last seating is, or if you can watch games from seats.

4 hours ago, Matteau#32 said:

Been to Citizen's Bank Park a few times.  Nice place, but not really anything special.  Best part was back in April being able to get Champions Club tickets outside the stadium for $40 each.  I think it was the Champions Club.  Sat between the plate and dugout, field level, 1st base side.,  

Like I said, it's special because it's not special. No gimmicks, no bullsh!t, just a baseball park. And the Phillies being so bad has been great in terms of ticket accessibility like you said. I can spend $15 total before ticket fees on an entire day for 2 people. $4.50 round trip subway and $2.50 per ticket. It's really been that cheap. Gotta enjoy it now because Philadelphia sports fans are as hardcore bandwagon as they come. When the Phils sniff a division title, good luck getting in for under $40.

8 hours ago, Nicomo said:

The only player off the top of my head that isn't a # in the rafters guy I wouldn't mind having a jersey of is Madden. Probably my favorite non-all time great former Devil.

If I was to get and customize a jersey, as far as past players go, it'd have to be a McKay. He was my favorite.

• Like 1

If I was to get and customize a jersey, as far as past players go, it'd have to be a McKay. He was my favorite.

One of the most underrated Devils of all-time. I'm surprised you don't see more Brylin and McKay jerseys at the Rock. Heck, you don't see that many Daneykos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just now, DevsMan84 said:

Recently got this in.  Got a pristine blank mid-90's authentic ultrafil from Meigray (still had the born on-sticker of Jan 95 on it) and sent it to EPS to get it done as a Peluso.  I look forward to wearing it to games this year.

35082710802_9d04729417_c.jpg

34439050523_9ba595d37d_c.jpg

^ Best home/road (depending on your preference) jersey in hockey right there. The coloring, striping, font. Absolute perfection.

• Like 2

Look at these pictures and tell me that switching to those god-awful pajama tops at the expense of the prior design was a good idea...Hischier looks awesome in his new old uniform (even the #33 is kinda cool, though I'm guessing that he'll probably choose #13 or something else)...just looks so RIGHT:

http://www.northjersey.com/story/sports/nhl/devils/2017/07/11/top-pick-hischier-hits-ice-first-time-devils/470203001/

• Like 1

For everyone's info, MeiGray just posted their excess stock of Reebok jerseys on eBay. Red or white for $129.99, red and green retro for $149.99. 

For those who want a team issue Canadian made jersey in the old "correct stripes" style, those are a pretty good deal. 

https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ssn=meigraygroup&_sop=12&_osacat=0&_ipg=50&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR1.TRC0.A0.H0.Xdevils+2.0.TRS0&_nkw=devils+2.0&_sacat=0

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

For everyone's info, MeiGray just posted their excess stock of Reebok jerseys on eBay. Red or white for $129.99, red and green retro for $149.99. 

For those who want a team issue Canadian made jersey in the old "correct stripes" style, those are a pretty good deal. 

https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ssn=meigraygroup&_sop=12&_osacat=0&_ipg=50&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR1.TRC0.A0.H0.Xdevils+2.0.TRS0&_nkw=devils+2.0&_sacat=0

Just bought a red one. Thanks for posting