The Devils Uniforms

Since1982-83

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I mean it's possible he!s highly educated. I am and I mostly just make fart jokes all day long. 

Word. Ya just never know who is on the other side of the keyboard over here.  "Fire Hynes" Man might be an astronaut...

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I'm certain that's at least one third correct.

;)

Damn good one fitz!

Peluso's reaction:

Image result for kevin durant espy

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Damn good one fitz!

Peluso's reaction:

Image result for kevin durant espy

5 hours ago, mikepeluso8 said:

DAMNNNNN GOOD ONE FITZ! 

If we are not gonna have fun, we just shouldn't show up. Just like Mr. Durant. He and Westbrook both looked like they were gonna beat Peyton up in the parking lot. 

It was awesome. 

Obviously saw the pic of Hischier's #13 old school jersey that was shown just after he signed his entry-level deal...while it's one thing to not see the new ones on the ice in developmental camp, I'm a little surprised not to see it for Nico signing...Devils had him wear one for draft night, so I gotta think they could have gotten one here easily enough (they could have even modded the #17 from Nico's draft jersey)...not like it's any big secret what the new ones look like.

Not really inferring anything from this of course...doubt any dramatic design reversal is coming.  Just seems like it could've been a subtle yet purposeful "For the foreseeable future, this is what you can expect to see on the ice, there is no way that we're not giving these a chance" statement if they had held up an Adidas jersey instead.  I guess it's kind of weird to see the old jerseys continuing to linger (regardless of the circumstances as to why).

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Obviously saw the pic of Hischier's #13 old school jersey that was shown just after he signed his entry-level deal...while it's one thing to not see the new ones on the ice in developmental camp, I'm a little surprised not to see it for Nico signing...Devils had him wear one for draft night, so I gotta think they could have gotten one here easily enough (they could have even modded the #17 from Nico's draft jersey)...not like it's any big secret what the new ones look like.

Not really inferring anything from this of course...doubt any dramatic design reversal is coming.  Just seems like it could've been a subtle yet purposeful "For the foreseeable future, this is what you can expect to see on the ice, there is no way that we're not giving these a chance" statement if they had held up an Adidas jersey instead.  I guess it's kind of weird to see the old jerseys continuing to linger (regardless of the circumstances as to why).

As said previously, I don't think they're being allowed to by Adidas. I believe Adidas's deal lets them control the launch, which is why they were at the draft and why you won't see them until opening night.

But I do agree, presenting him with the "wrong" jersey makes not a bit of sense. 

On 07/12/2017 at 7:42 PM, mikepeluso8 said:

Third grade reading level eh? Haha. Let's just say I didn't attend one of the state schools in NJ that y'all attended.  I will leave it at that.  I am all for banter but when you want to talk about education, you better be prepared chief...

Wow, you went out of your way to insult a very good chunk of people on this board and Devils fans at large because of one single person you were bickering with. Here's my experience: the smartest people I know, the most insightful and creative thinkers I grew up with, tons of people successful in STEM careers, politics, art, just about all went to NJ state schools. I've also found people who try to drop their educational background when someone so much as intentionally makes a petty,immature joke at their expense tend to be shallow inbusiles who backed into an Ivy league degree based on those schools' policies on legacy admissions.  And I didn't go to school in the state, so if you think I'm trying to defend my own alma mater, nope.

On 7/7/2017 at 10:38 AM, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

This really is the safest way to go these days, unless you fall back on Brodeur/Elias/Stevens/Daneyko types (obviously you can pull off Zajac/Greene/Brylin and several others in the "been here a long time" category as well)...I came close to picking up both Kovy AND Parise jerseys a couple of times...glad I didn't. 

I have considered not even personalizing my new Reeboks, but in the end I almost definitely will.   

You can get the names and numbers stripped and have a new one put on by sending it to Exclusive Pro.  I've done this a few times, in fact on one of those pre-Edge team-issued uncustomized authentics I got after the switch to the Edge jerseys, I originally got it customized as a Parise, but have since sent it back to get it switched to Elias.  Even if you look very closely, you can't tell that there was ever a different name/number on it.

On 7/7/2017 at 10:56 AM, DevsMan84 said:

A little surprised that there is still a decent amount of dislike for the Reebok Edge jerseys.  I can kind of understand the feelings towards the 1.0's (with the stretchy, pillow-y material and goofy long arms) but the 2.0 basically fixed a lot of those issues.  All the Edge 1.0 bubble mesh and xtrafil panels were replaced by airknit (which is what the Devils wore from 96-06), the arms were shortened slightly (and made wider) and the body was also made a little looser.  I actually prefer the 2.0's a little bit in terms of pure comfort as I feel they fit a little better and the construction are pretty nice (example are the stripes on the Edge 2.0's are separate panels of material while the pre-Edges had the stripes painted/printed on).

When it comes to getting players on jerseys I always advise people to avoid flavor of the weeks.  If you get a Farnham, Tootoo, Wood, Blandisi, etc jersey then you reap what you sow.  I always advise to stick to forever Devils like Marty, Elias, Stevens, etc.

My beef with the Edge jerseys wasn't so much with the construction of them with the exception of the rounded bottom, but more because of how they basically forced almost every team in the league to change their jerseys (and forced some weird, new age design elements like the vertical piping, unusual patterns on the sleeves, etc.), as well as jacking up the price and reducing the quality compared to the pre-Edge jerseys, especially the replicas.  As much as I hate the new Devils jerseys, I am happy that Adidas didn't force everyone to make changes.  Only a handful did, and in my opinion all of them are good except for the Devils.  I am glad they got rid of the vertical piping that Reebok introduced.

Edited by devilsfan26

14 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

As said previously, I don't think they're being allowed to by Adidas. I believe Adidas's deal lets them control the launch, which is why they were at the draft and why you won't see them until opening night.

But I do agree, presenting him with the "wrong" jersey makes not a bit of sense. 

They probably would've been better off going with practice-style jerseys for the Development Camp games, and no Reebok for Hischier's signing.  It's not a huge deal I guess...but it seems like they really should take more of a "clean break" approach.  They're making it a lot easier for people to say "The old unis really are so much better."

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

My assumption is that they probably didn't put too much thought into what the fans' perception would be on the jerseys used in the prospect camp.  They probably had these old ones laying around and since they are now obsolete, might as well use a bunch of them for this.  It's not really an event for the fans anyway, it's primarily for the players and coaching staff.

EDIT:  On the plus side, you can now get a Hischier Devils jersey without having to get one of the Adidas jerseys OR sacrificing accuracy!  As long as you get #33 on it of course.

Edited by devilsfan26

40 minutes ago, devilsfan26 said:

My assumption is that they probably didn't put too much thought into what the fans' perception would be on the jerseys used in the prospect camp.  They probably had these old ones laying around and since they are now obsolete, might as well use a bunch of them for this.  It's not really an event for the fans anyway, it's primarily for the players and coaching staff.

EDIT:  On the plus side, you can now get a Hischier Devils jersey without having to get one of the Adidas jerseys OR sacrificing accuracy!  As long as you get #33 on it of course.

But it wasn't just the camp, the picture he took with Shero after signing his contract it's the old jersey too.

45 minutes ago, devilsfan26 said:

Yes, they definitely don't care which ones are worn in development camp. But if it were me, I wouldn't have given him the old style with #13, I'd just not have given a jersey. But either way, it's not the end of days.

And you could do a #33 camp jersey or a #13 signing jersey and be "accurate". I'm waiting for an Adidas jersey for mine. 

9 hours ago, devilsfan26 said:

I actually just ordered my Nico jersey in the Reebok jersey with #13 lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

I do not, however, condone anyone going with a #33 now that he's set to wear #13. 

Splitting hairs here, but at least a 33 on a Reebok jersey replicates a jersey that he actually wore on the ice, even if it was just a development camp.

9 hours ago, devilsfan26 said:

Splitting hairs here, but at least a 33 on a Reebok jersey replicates a jersey that he actually wore on the ice, even if it was just a development camp.

He wore it on some ice, the practice rink anyway, not exactly "the ice". But I would be willing to bet that once the pre-season arrives, you'll see him in a #13 Reebok jersey.

23 hours ago, devilsfan26 said:

My beef with the Edge jerseys wasn't so much with the construction of them with the exception of the rounded bottom, but more because of how they basically forced almost every team in the league to change their jerseys (and forced some weird, new age design elements like the vertical piping, unusual patterns on the sleeves, etc.), as well as jacking up the price and reducing the quality compared to the pre-Edge jerseys, especially the replicas.  As much as I hate the new Devils jerseys, I am happy that Adidas didn't force everyone to make changes.  Only a handful did, and in my opinion all of them are good except for the Devils.  I am glad they got rid of the vertical piping that Reebok introduced.

I agree with the jacked up prices.  Blank replicas shouldn't cost $120+.  I think the $60-75ish is the sweet spot with customized being $100-120ish.

In terms of quality of the pre-Edge to Edge's, I kind of agree with you on the 1.0's due to the seemingly paper-mache type of materials they used on those.  On the Edge 2.0's, I think the quality is about the same of the pre-Edges.

I still never got why they never changes the Premier replicas when teams went to Edge 2.0's.  In addition to changing the materials, they also shortened and loosened the arms a bit and they also loosened the body a tiny bit.  They didn't do that for the Premier replicas as they didn't change the materials of them either (the Premiers still had a material that mimicked the 1.0's).  My biggest gripe about the Premiers was always the tight and long arms that looked a little goofy to me and that stupid jock tag in the front. 

23 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

They probably would've been better off going with practice-style jerseys for the Development Camp games, and no Reebok for Hischier's signing.  It's not a huge deal I guess...but it seems like they really should take more of a "clean break" approach.  They're making it a lot easier for people to say "The old unis really are so much better."

I have a feeling they will wear Reebok's through pre-season and then debut the Adidas ones in their first regular season game.  Most likely every team is going to be doing this to basically "introduce" these to the fans all at once.

13 it is. Make that number yours and ensure that we have another reason to take it out of circulation when you retire.

On the subject of #'s too...curious who will be the next honored Devil to go up next to McMullen. I thought Lou but to be honest he deserves a rafter banner. So maybe John MacLean...who has made amends with the Devils but killed any chance at a # retirement with his trade request and subsequent signing with the Rangers, and disastrous head coaching performance, and disastrous desk analyst performance.

Edited by '7'
  • Like 1