The Devils Uniforms

Since1982-83

13 it is. Make that number yours and ensure that we have another reason to take it out of circulation when you retire.
On the subject of #'s too...curious who will be the next honored Devil to go up next to McMullen. I thought Lou but to be honest he deserves a rafter banner. So maybe John MacLean...who has made amends with the Devils but killed any chance at a # retirement with his trade request and subsequent signing with the Rangers, and disastrous head coaching performance, and disastrous desk analyst performance.

I think it should be the only other member of all three Cup teams to not have a number in the rafters: Sergei Brylin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, '7' said:

13 it is. Make that number yours and ensure that we have another reason to take it out of circulation when you retire.

On the subject of #'s too...curious who will be the next honored Devil to go up next to McMullen. I thought Lou but to be honest he deserves a rafter banner. So maybe John MacLean...who has made amends with the Devils but killed any chance at a # retirement with his trade request and subsequent signing with the Rangers, and disastrous head coaching performance, and disastrous desk analyst performance.

Meh, Johnny Mac was a good soldier right until his final season here.  Sure, would've been nice if he had given his new role a real shot, but I don't think that should be reason not to retire his number.

Of course, his #15 is a little cloudier now, because you can make a case that Langs is deserving too...he was a key contributor here for a nice chunk of time.  As much as I've always been a huge fan of MacLean, I like that the retired numbers to date have all been very special in their own way...if MacLean or Langs #15 ever went up to the rafters, the honor would lose a little something...I say keep the bar set high.

And yeah, hope to see #13 make its way up there with the rest one day...would love to see a homegrown star somehow enjoy 15+ years with this franchise.  Was hoping we'd get that with Parise, but oh well.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

23 minutes ago, '7' said:

Will most likely be Lou.  After that either Brylin, Madden or MacLean is my guess.

3 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Will most likely be Lou.  After that either Brylin, Madden or MacLean is my guess.

Lou next for sure.  Then I'm thinking it could be Lemaire.  Guy took Lou's players and found a way to turn them into winners.  Gotta think Larry Robinson and Pat Burns get honored one day as well.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Lou next for sure.  Then I'm thinking it could be Lemaire.  Guy took Lou's players and found a way to turn them into winners.  Gotta think Larry Robinson and Pat Burns get honored one day as well.  

Damn didn't even think of those guys.  Yeah they will definitely be at least in the conversation.  Lemaire first among those three.

2 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

I still never got why they never changes the Premier replicas when teams went to Edge 2.0's.  In addition to changing the materials, they also shortened and loosened the arms a bit and they also loosened the body a tiny bit.  They didn't do that for the Premier replicas as they didn't change the materials of them either (the Premiers still had a material that mimicked the 1.0's).  My biggest gripe about the Premiers was always the tight and long arms that looked a little goofy to me and that stupid jock tag in the front. 

Because anyone willing to overpay for one of those pieces of crap obviously doesn't care if the details are made more accurate to what is on the ice. 

7 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Because anyone willing to overpay for one of those pieces of crap obviously doesn't care if the details are made more accurate to what is on the ice. 

While true, the price of the premiers also lead people to buy knockoffs instead and a common claim by those people are that the knockoffs are better price and quality than the premiers.

22 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

While true, the price of the premiers also lead people to buy knockoffs instead and a common claim by those people are that the knockoffs are better price and quality than the premiers.

They may be right. Its hard to imagine any jersey being worse quality than a Premier. 

4 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Pat deserves a statue in the plaza

I would say that if Pat gets a statue then Stevens should have a statue. The plaza doesn't have quite enough room for all manner of statues. While Pat was a great player and the epitome of class and representative of all the good things about Devils culture, at the same time he didn't redefine his position the way Marty did to the point where they needed to put rules in place to counter his effect on the game.

So, to those of you much more knowledgeable about the remaining (hopefully discounted) reebok jerseys..

What are our options at this point?  I heard from a friend that they're selling discounted customized jerseys at the NHL store in NYC, but I'm not heading into the city just to grab a jersey.

Now that our lord and savior has had his number officially declared, I'd like to grab a #13 Hischier ASAP before all the new Adidas ones are pushed out.

Edited by Devilsfan118

I would say that if Pat gets a statue then Stevens should have a statue. The plaza doesn't have quite enough room for all manner of statues. While Pat was a great player and the epitome of class and representative of all the good things about Devils culture, at the same time he didn't redefine his position the way Marty did to the point where they needed to put rules in place to counter his effect on the game.

He's talking about Pat Burns.

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

My favorite Devils coach ever.

I still remember seeing pictures of his funeral and his wife holding the Stanley Cup urn. Heartbreaking. And then hearing her car was actually robbed during the funeral. Just awful.

On 7/16/2017 at 6:53 AM, thecoffeecake said:

Wow, you went out of your way to insult a very good chunk of people on this board and Devils fans at large because of one single person you were bickering with. Here's my experience: the smartest people I know, the most insightful and creative thinkers I grew up with, tons of people successful in STEM careers, politics, art, just about all went to NJ state schools. I've also found people who try to drop their educational background when someone so much as intentionally makes a petty,immature joke at their expense tend to be shallow inbusiles who backed into an Ivy league degree based on those schools' policies on legacy admissions.  And I didn't go to school in the state, so if you think I'm trying to defend my own alma mater, nope.

Word homie.  How are things in TR? Lot of Ivy League alums running around down there?

11 hours ago, mikepeluso8 said:

Word homie.  How are things in TR? Lot of Ivy League alums running around down there?

Oh wow, first our schools, now our hometowns. Things in TR are great, but I live about 25 minutes walking distance from Penn, so you could say there are a lot of Ivy League alums and current students running around down here. They're mostly all the same entitled moron completely detached from reality, and, much like you, think they're better than everyone else because they attended a prestigious school, but never have anything substantial or productive to say. Get a hold of yourself, just like the rest of us, you're not special. Just  another shining example of the quality of critical thinker Princeton and Harvard and Columbia and the rest of those sleep-away camps for America's aristocratic youth produce.

Saw this on FB and thought this was interesting.  Looks like NBA is doing away with the home/away jersey concept and instead each team will have 4 different jerseys.  New concept is that the home team gets to choose for each game one of the four designs to wear and the away team will have to pick one of their contrasting jerseys.  Basically it will be like a video game.

Pretty cool and different, but while this would probably work fine in the NBA it would most likely never work in the NHL.  Main reason is that NHL jerseys are bulkier and heavier than NBA jerseys and the NHL equipment managers would probably bitch about having to lug around 4 sets of jerseys to every away game.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/nba/nba-away-home-road-jerseys-uniform-change/

19 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Saw this on FB and thought this was interesting.  Looks like NBA is doing away with the home/away jersey concept and instead each team will have 4 different jerseys.  New concept is that the home team gets to choose for each game one of the four designs to wear and the away team will have to pick one of their contrasting jerseys.  Basically it will be like a video game.

Pretty cool and different, but while this would probably work fine in the NBA it would most likely never work in the NHL.  Main reason is that NHL jerseys are bulkier and heavier than NBA jerseys and the NHL equipment managers would probably bitch about having to lug around 4 sets of jerseys to every away game.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/nba/nba-away-home-road-jerseys-uniform-change/

I don't hate the idea.  I'm sure teams could work out which colors they would be wearing ahead of time before the teams get on the plane.

The NBA is a joke. This is another joke bush league move. Each team having 4 uniforms muddles identities of teams. Jerseys in that league are now stained by advertisements which make them look cheap and illegitimate anyway.

There really is something to be said for a longstanding, iconic, classic look. They always seem to survive these trendy upheavals. 

Another thing that really makes the NBA (and NFL) ugly is the tattoos. But there's nothing we can do about that.

Edited by '7'
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Crisis said:

I don't hate the idea.  I'm sure teams could work out which colors they would be wearing ahead of time before the teams get on the plane.

Still at minimum you would have to carry 2 sets of jerseys.  Again in the NBA since their jerseys are basically like undershirts it is no big deal, but in the NHL 2 sets take up a decent amount of space.

The NBA is a joke. This is another joke bush league move. Each team having 4 uniforms muddles identities of teams. Jerseys in that league are now stained by advertisements which make them look cheap and illegitimate anyway.
There really is something to be said for a longstanding, iconic, classic look. They always seem to survive these trendy upheavals. 
Another thing that really makes the NBA (and NFL) ugly is the tattoos. But there's nothing we can do about that.

The NBA is wrestling at this point. This ridiculously stupid uniform idea just adds to it. Start calling it the NBE (National Basketball Entertaiment) and be done with it.

• Like 1