The Devils Uniforms

Since1982-83

29 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

So, the jerseys that everyone hates have sold out on NHL.com in all but the smallest sizes within a couple of hours (the blank ones, anyway. Pre-customized Hall and choose your own player still available). 

I suppose we don't know how many they had, maybe it was like 10 total. But that seems unlikely. 

I'm not surprised at the early "it's new so I gotta have it" crowd (I think even the Fishsticks and Buffaslugs sold well initially...and the new Nashville ones are also moving).  It's the long-term sales that will be interesting to see...I readily admit that I have no idea how that will turn out. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

I ordered one. I am in the "it's new so I have to have it" crowd.

I'll horrify you all with pictures when it arrives. 

Did you get a blank, a Hall, or a different player?

I have a bunch of stuff I need to get sent to Exclusive Pro:

A white Edge 2.0 to be a #21 Palmieri (I have a second white but am going to wait for a while (maybe years) to see who I want to get on that one...could be Butcher, McLeod, someone unforeseen, who knows?)

A red Edge 2.0 to be a #13 Hischier

A blue Rockies #9 McDonald (misspelled MacDonald) that I'm going to have converted to a #9 Lever

A white Rockies to be a #16 Malinowski (told the story before basically I had a conversation with him once and he was just a super-nice and very open guy.  Been a fan of his ever since).

1 hour ago, sundstrom said:

STH will have ability to buy Authentics for $180 over the next week or so. They have set them aside specifically for that. I also called Exclusive PRO and they say that they can customize them.

FWIW Exclusive pro has confirmed with a few collectors that they will not be customizing the new Adidas jerseys for the Devils.  It was also mentioned previously in the Marketplace thread.

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Did you get a blank, a Hall, or a different player?

Hall. Quicker to receive than a custom player, and still returnable if I feel like it. Free shipping and free return via Shoprunner. 

Just said what the fvck and went for it. 

Blanks were already sold out in my size, I'd have preferred that. 

1 hour ago, DevsMan84 said:

FWIW Exclusive pro has confirmed with a few collectors that they will not be customizing the new Adidas jerseys for the Devils.  It was also mentioned previously in the Marketplace thread.

interesting - i spoke to someone this morning who said they absolutely would. i'm getting the jersey monday night and expect to send it to EP Tuesday.

coolhockey.com also said they'll do it but they don't know when they can start. They also said it would be $130 including shipping which is much higher than EP has ever charged to do it.

2 minutes ago, sundstrom said:

interesting - i spoke to someone this morning who said they absolutely would. i'm getting the jersey monday night and expect to send it to EP Tuesday.

coolhockey.com also said they'll do it but they don't know when they can start. They also said it would be $130 including shipping which is much higher than EP has ever charged to do it.

EPS can do it and they are still doing other teams.  However, EPS confirmed they are not doing it for the Devils this season.

Problem is, as another poster pointed out on FB earlier today, judging by the pics from yesterday it looks like the font has changed on the lettering of the new jerseys.  Instead of the nice, bold EPS font they are using the skinny looking font that the Den uses.  If that is what it will be going forward is anyone's guess.

This is why while I plan on getting at least one of the new jerseys (not counting gamers), I am holding off until the customization becomes more clear.

1 minute ago, DevsMan84 said:

EPS can do it and they are still doing other teams.  However, EPS confirmed they are not doing it for the Devils this season.

Problem is, as another poster pointed out on FB earlier today, judging by the pics from yesterday it looks like the font has changed on the lettering of the new jerseys.  Instead of the nice, bold EPS font they are using the skinny looking font that the Den uses.  If that is what it will be going forward is anyone's guess.

This is why while I plan on getting at least one of the new jerseys (not counting gamers), I am holding off until the customization becomes more clear.

well i literally just called again and said "will you customize the new NJ Devils Adidas jerseys" and they said, yes we will. They quoted $75. So maybe, as you say, they will do it with the lettering/font they have from the past and perhaps it won't be 100% accurate but if it's 98% accurate and unless you have a microscope you can't tell, that will be ok for me. Frankly, the Devils Den font is not as nice as the EPS as you say so perhaps I am improving on the Devils actual jersey ;)

19 minutes ago, sundstrom said:

well i literally just called again and said "will you customize the new NJ Devils Adidas jerseys" and they said, yes we will. They quoted $75. So maybe, as you say, they will do it with the lettering/font they have from the past and perhaps it won't be 100% accurate but if it's 98% accurate and unless you have a microscope you can't tell, that will be ok for me. Frankly, the Devils Den font is not as nice as the EPS as you say so perhaps I am improving on the Devils actual jersey ;)

You absolutely can tell the difference right away.

The second thing you said is definitely true. 

new:

https://twitter.com/NJDevils/status/908345185247121408/photo/1

old:

http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2381&siId=6881841&catLevel=0&scLevel=&thisCatLevel=&oldParentID=&catParentID=4542&scId=4542

I suppose i can see a slight difference in the font (new one looks slightly taller and thinner) but this neither of these are as bad as the ones used at the Devils Den that they heat press on and again, it's not enough that you'd really notice unless you're trying to pawn off as game worn or something. whatever EP does, it won't look like some chinese knock off like this:

devils-071.jpg

Edited by sundstrom

7 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

So, the jerseys that everyone hates have sold out on NHL.com in all but the smallest sizes within a couple of hours (the blank ones, anyway. Pre-customized Hall and choose your own player still available). 

I suppose we don't know how many they had, maybe it was like 10 total. But that seems unlikely. 

I went on around 6am and they were already sold out of 50s so I went for a larger size which said was in stock but then got bumped out. I checked again around 3pm and the sizes seemed to have replenished so I got a Hischier. We'll see what happens. I just want one to have one. That's it. 

49 minutes ago, Weekes Head said:

I went on around 6am and they were already sold out of 50s so I went for a larger size which said was in stock but then got bumped out. I checked again around 3pm and the sizes seemed to have replenished so I got a Hischier. We'll see what happens. I just want one to have one. That's it. 

I'll likely regret not doing the same. I have a Hall already, but I wanted the ability to return it if the customizing job is bad. 

3 hours ago, SMantzas said:

I'll take a white Hischier please and thank you 

Actually I believe you can only get a red one so sorry no can do lol 

The tenure jerseys are actually nicely done, I don't wear my other one either because since it's something different I got my last name on it plus the number being the amount of years I've been a season ticket holder. I'm gonna do the same for this one. Figure one of these years I'll frame them. 

4 minutes ago, CommonDreads said:

That's the standard practice jersey for every team, that's the new template for all the teams under Adidas with the design and the logo being in the center of a circle, so nothing the team can do there.

Yeah, I still think it's ugly, not blaming the Devils on this one, just making a comment about it. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

These are ugly as well, it's like the took the Target logo, reversed the colors and stuck the Devils logo right in the middle.. 

I actually like those, and I think what they did with the Adidas stripes works on a practice jersey, so glad they didn't do that to game jerseys. 

That being said, being its a red jersey, it does look a little more bullseye-ish than other colors would. 

7 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Yeah, I still think it's ugly, not blaming the Devils on this one, just making a comment about it. 

I actually find these easier to take than their new jerseys (though I'll never be in the market for a practice jersey...just not my thing).  If they were black, they'd look less "Target-like".  Almost has a soccer-like feel to it.

51 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I actually find these easier to take than their new jerseys (though I'll never be in the market for a practice jersey...just not my thing).  If they were black, they'd look less "Target-like".  Almost has a soccer-like feel to it.

Full disclosure, I think I own at least 12 Devils practice jerseys, so they kind of are my thing. One of them anyway. 

36549868362_d74e0f28f3_b.jpg

36549868392_44557500df_b.jpg

36549868412_25318cb28d_b.jpg

36719317575_5734eb67eb_b.jpg

35903217964_a4694be775_b.jpg

36711433886_fd445da36e_b.jpg

36711433906_33066f9792_b.jpg

36711433926_ae26071474_b.jpg

35927895404_f71112e7c6_b.jpg

36241469113_e1a584f3be_b.jpg

37049014895_5bd8ef4b46_b.jpg

36214247684_a585acefe0_b.jpg