The Devils Uniforms

Since1982-83

Nice collection mfitz.  That yellow one does sear the retinas.  If you lay the black one over it you may need to break out a pair of eclipse glasses.

24 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Still missing the all-mighty green Jofa one.  Of Coarse.

4th from the bottom, it looks black in the picture but it's green. :)

19 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Nice collection mfitz.  That yellow one does sear the retinas.  If you lay the black one over it you may need to break out a pair of eclipse glasses.

That was well done, my friend. 

I'm watching warmups and I actually hate them more seeing them in person. The equal stripes on the arms and socks are absolutely terrible. Having nothing on the bottom makes them look so empty. Major fail for me. That's my opinion and I posted it in here where it belongs instead or the game thread. because I can't ever see liking these. I still cant believe what honored Colorado with the equal stripes and Kansas with the collar and the Newark who gives a fvcks with the pointless black line you can't see. 

2 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

I'm watching warmups and I actually hate them more seeing them in person. The equal stripes on the arms and socks are absolutely terrible. Having nothing on the bottom makes them look so empty. Major fail for me. That's my opinion and I posted it in here where it belongs instead or the game thread. because I can't ever see liking these. I still cant believe what honored Colorado with the equal stripes and Kansas with the collar and the Newark who gives a fvcks with the pointless black line you can't see. 

I actually think they look much better seeing them on the ice. 

Lack of a stripe on the bottom is a complete non-issue for me after seeing them in a game. Not noticeable. 

The damn stripes are jarring to me though. I was fine until I actually made a conscious effort to notice what the jersey looked like while they are playing. Now I cant unsee how off they look.

Kinda like seeing the arrow in the fed ex logo for the first time.

21 minutes ago, Chuck the Duck said:

Seeing them in person, they still look horrible IMO.   Just looks like an unfinished jersey to me, like almost all without a bottom hem stripe do. 

The floatie arm things are really a lot more noticeable than I thought they would be. The lack of bottom stripes does give it that cheap empty look but I didn't think the arm and sock stripes would be this pronounced. Ugly ugly uniform.

Just now, '7' said:

The floatie arm things are really a lot more noticeable than I thought they would be. The lack of bottom stripes does give it that cheap empty look but I didn't think the arm and sock stripes would be this pronounced. Ugly ugly uniform.

They actually looked a little better overall than I expected...the chopped shoulder yokes were OK, and the lack of a bottom stripe isn't quite as bad as I thought.   

If they ever ditch the equal stripes (and went with a 25%-50%-25% ratio instead of 33%-33%-33%...still "fatter" than the old design, but less-floaty looking), I can live with this general template...doesn't mean I wouldn't take the old ones back in heartbeat (it's still the superior design), but at least I can watch them without cringing now.  I'm surprised that I thought the reds looked better than the whites on ice.   

On 9/15/2017 at 0:51 PM, mfitz804 said:

So, the jerseys that everyone hates have sold out on NHL.com in all but the smallest sizes within a couple of hours.

On 9/15/2017 at 11:33 PM, SS#4-Life said:

i cant find them anywhere either. sold out eevrywhere

On 9/15/2017 at 7:53 PM, Weekes Head said:

I went on around 6am and they were already sold out of 50s. I went for a larger size which said was in stock but then got bumped out.

Whether you love the jersey's or you hate 'em... this news pleases me. $afe to $ay, the Devils are pleased with this as well.

2 hours ago, Toasterleavins said:

The damn stripes are jarring to me though.

2 hours ago, '7' said:

The floatie arm things are really a lot more noticeable than I thought they would be. 

I have the opposite opinion. I thought they were far less noticeable "in action" and they didn't bother me at all. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Beezer34 said:

Whether you love the jersey's or you hate 'em... this news pleases me. $afe to $ay, the Devils are pleased with this as well.

If you're implying that they're selling strictly due to the new design, I'd say that's not accurate.  New design or old, with Hischier in the fold (and to a lesser extent guys like Johansson), the Devils were almost guaranteed strong initial sales.  It's how they do long-term, once that newness factor wears off.   

I think last night is the best that I've seen them look in any venue.  They didn't look right in graphic mockups, player photos, on mannequins or without pads (see Hischier in his draft photos).  I didn't like the whites in the prospects game, but after watching highlights of last night's game, I was pleasantly surprised that the reds weren't that bad (changing the stripe ratios or just the stripe layout would make a world of difference).  What will be interesting to see is how the needle moves for other Devils fans.  I went from "Ahhhhhhhh nooooooooo!" to "I can tolerate these on ice" (but still won't buy one).  How much of the "I don't hate them, but not really feeling these enough to snag one" crowd goes to the "Maybe I'll buy one after all" group? 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

5 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

Needs the bottom pinstripe. Can live with the other changes.  Actually really like the "championship collar".  Bottom pinstripe sets us apart from other red-colored teams.

I would like to see some kind of stripes at the bottom too...but I thought they'd look at lot worse than they do without them.  On a scale of 1 to 10, I had the red at about a 1 or 2 from previous unveilings.  I'd say I'm up to a 4 or 5 now (unless things are tweaked though I won't be going any higher than that).   

1 hour ago, SS#4-Life said:

same. i never understood the crazy outcry. still the best jerseys in hockey

12 minutes ago, Chuck the Duck said:

Not even close.  The Blackhawks have that one locked up.  We went from being a top 5-6 to being in the bottom 1/2 of the league.

Personally, I think most of the original 6 are better, excluding the Rags which is pretty boring. No way the Devils is better than the Hawks, Habs, Wings, or Bruins. I always thought the Devils had one of the best non-original 6 jersey though. Along with the Blues and don't kill me...the Flyers.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

Personally, I think most of the original 6 are better, excluding the Rags which is pretty boring. No way the Devils is better than the Hawks, Habs, Wings, or Bruins. I always thought the Devils had one of the best non-original 6 jersey though. Along with the Blues and don't kill me...the Flyers.  

This is all correct. 

2 hours ago, Nicomo said:

I agree with you.  The Hawks, Habs, and Wings are classics and top 3 IMO.  I also like the new Leafs jerseys that they changed to last season (which was a take on one of their older jerseys).  Other than that, I used to think we were in the next group with the Flyers and Bruins, which is pretty good company.  Now our jerseys are no better than teams like the Sharks and Tampa. 

• Like 1