The Devils Uniforms

Since1982-83

1 minute ago, thecoffeecake said:

It would look better with all those stripes from the bulldogs jersey. The more corporate the sport gets, the more mass appeal everything becomes. Every jersey is the same now.

Every jersey is the same?? Did you look at the picture of all of the jerseys?

Just now, squishyx said:

Would have preferred no change, but I don't hate it. All things considered it could have been a lot worse.

In fairness, it's not so epically bad that it'll get a nickname like "Buffaslug" or "Mooterus". 

I kind of wish it was. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, squishyx said:

Would have preferred no change, but I don't hate it. All things considered it could have been a lot worse.

Only way it could be worse imo is if they completely changed the logo.

Edited by Devilsfan118

A whole lot of hoopla over a few stripes.  Whatever.

The stock image of it does make it look much worse than it really is.  The pics of it on the player is actually not bad.  I'm reserving full judgement until I see it on the ice.

the whole thing about being inspired by the Rockies and Scouts is exactly what people have been saying on here; a big marketing gimmick.  Honestly they could have just said "we think it looks cooler" and it would have left the same impression.

just remember that jersey designs are not set in stone forever. I do prefer the old hem stripes and hope they go back to it.  I bet in 2-3 years we might be seeing an altered look withy the stripes back.

@MD2020

Really, other people can't  have opinions that differ than yours?

I think it's fine, and now I like it more when I read posts like that.

No matter what was revealed tonight, I have a feeling we'd be reading similar posts trashing it.

4 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

I don't like it, but I stop short of telling a grown ass man what to do with his money. 

It's ok, I wasn't gonna listen anyway. I'm actually laughing my ass off about how dramatic some people are being. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Not to cause further problems, and I totally am partially red-green colorblind, but does that one Dano is holding seem like it's a different, more vibrant red?

That seems to be the consensus over on hfboards - it's a brighter red.  Similar to how the Flyers went with a brighter Orange a few years ago.

Have to see it in person before I jump on the color.

And yeah, the collar is cool.  So.. uh.. smack it on the old ones and call it a day :lol:

Edited by Devilsfan118
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

That seems to be the consensus over on hfboards - it's a brighter red.  Similar to how the Flyers went with a brighter Orange a few years ago.

Have to see it in person before I jump on the color.

And yeah, the collar is cool.  So.. uh.. smack it on the old ones and call it a day :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying anything needed to be changed. Sticking with the same layout on the new cut and materials would have been optimal. But we've basically had the same jersey for 25 years. While to me, that argues to not change it because of its history, its highly unusual that a sports franchise does that. Not unheard of, but unusual. 

13 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

It's ok, I wasn't gonna listen anyway. I'm actually laughing my ass off about how dramatic some people are being. 

Me too.  This could have been a ton worse than what we got.  Hell we could have gotten a redesigned cartoon skating Devil logo a la Lowell or some other crap like that.  It looks about 80-90% the same to me so I'm fine with it.

@MD2020
Really, other people can't  have opinions that differ than yours?
I think it's fine, and now I like it more when I read posts like that.
No matter what was revealed tonight, I have a feeling we'd be reading similar posts trashing it.

Of course, I'm just vocally stating my opinion, which is that there are better uses for money than buying one of these t-shirts masquerading as a hockey jersey. But if you like them, go buy 10 of 'em you want, I don't care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1