The Devils Uniforms

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jesus. H. Christ. Some of you guys are hysterical. Like, beyond hysterical. I'm not a huge fan of the new uniforms, I'm really not. But holy crap some of you are acting like they slapped your sis

YOU SHUT YOUR GOD DAMN WHORE MOUTH LEAVE MY BANNERS ALONE SO HELP ME GOD *cough* I mean, uh, no I doubt they'll do that, doesn't seem to make much sense right?

Dallas doesn't have red on them though, the red and green together look awful to me. Seeing them a few times a year is fine but I never want them back full time.  

Posted Images

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but they look like absolute trash to me.  Absolute trash.

Way too minimalistic, it NEEDS stripes on the bottom.  Or at least something to break up the space from the bottom of the logo to the waistline. 

Looks like a knock-off long sleeve shirt you can buy at nose's (haha noses.  Dcks Sporting Goods) on the clearance wrack.

Edited by Devilsfan118

Why do we need to have anything "inspired" by the Rockies and Scouts? The Rockies and Scouts are about as inspiring as a rancid sh!t mound. We're the Devils. We've moved past that. We're NJ and NJ only.

It may be our history but keep it history. There was nothing about either of these teams that needs to be dug up and added to our uniform

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I fvcking hate Adidas when they do this sh!t in the MLS too. I know some do but I don't give a fvck about the Kansas City Scouts or Colorado Rockies. They were never my team and I don't give a fvck that we played there. 

636335627587935180-2017-Jersey-explainer

I came on to say the same thing.  Those teams are a part of the sports tradition of those cities, not New Jersey. Rockies season ticket holders who are still hockey fans are sitting in the Pepsi Center as Avs fans. If anyone, they should be honoring the Rockies. This is a disaster.

• Like 1

I'm dying laughing at the "diagram" that shows the "TRUE HISTORY" of the uniform.

Back in architecture school, freshmen year about a week before the deadline our studio professor said we needed a "Precedent diagram", showing where we derived our design from. 10 precedents she said. Well, we're freshman -- we didn't use precedents. We drew what was cool! And different. And easy to draw cuz fvck you axonometric drawings. So we all made such a joke out of it. "I made windows square because squares are equal sided shapes and that promotes equality". Hilarious sh!t like that.

and now on a PROFESSIONAL IMAGE they're doing the same thing. "We made a stupid little black bar thing at the bottom cuz a black and white image of a hockey team from Newark in the turn of the century may have also?" 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Single stripe to honor a team that had many stripes at the waistline?

These look like the crappy jersey hoodies you can get on NHL.com

They look way better as hoodies.

• Like 1

Here's the email I just got from the Devils, like this sh!t is going to actually need a waiting list lmao... 

A new jersey for the Devils

We're giving Members the most revealing peak at our new jersey yet!

Adidas was faced with the following challenge when designing our new jersey. How do you create the NHL's highest-performing uniform while ushering in a new era for a club that is redefining itself on the ice, all while honoring the heritage of every generation of this historic franchise? The result, a tribute to heritage, performance and progress.

clear.gif
devils_adidasjersey_callout_600x402.jpg
clear.gif

Members get exclusive priority access to reserve

The first run of authentic new jerseys will arrive at Prudential Center in September and quantities will be very limited. As a 2017-18 Devils Member, you have the exclusive opportunity to own the authentic new jersey before anyone else. Sign up to receive information on when, where and how you can be the first to purchase our new jersey. We will give priority access in order of signup.

JOIN OUR PRIORITY RESERVE LIST

Members who qualify for a tenure jersey in 2017-18, stay tuned for more information on how you will receive your tenure jersey.

5 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

Still really wish we would go back to pre 07-08. They were so much easier for us fat guys to wear.

I'll second that. This new cut eliminates that high collar on the Edge, which should help out us bigger necked people. 

1 minute ago, thecoffeecake said:

It would look better with all those stripes from the bulldogs jersey. The more corporate the sport gets, the more mass appeal everything becomes. Every jersey is the same now.

Every jersey is the same?? Did you look at the picture of all of the jerseys?

Just now, squishyx said:

Would have preferred no change, but I don't hate it. All things considered it could have been a lot worse.

In fairness, it's not so epically bad that it'll get a nickname like "Buffaslug" or "Mooterus". 

I kind of wish it was. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, squishyx said:

Would have preferred no change, but I don't hate it. All things considered it could have been a lot worse.

Only way it could be worse imo is if they completely changed the logo.

Edited by Devilsfan118