The Devils Uniforms

Since1982-83

28 minutes ago, Beezer34 said:

You hit the nail on the head. The people that hate the new jersey, are the same people that wanted to keep the old goal song.. the same people that chant You Suck.. the same people that wanted Lou to GM until he was 98.. the same people that wanted Marty to play until he was 52...

I don't give a sh!t about the goal song either way, it was time for Lou and Marty to both move on and I don't like the jerseys. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Beezer34 said:

You hit the nail on the head. The people that hate the new jersey, are the same people that wanted to keep the old goal song.. the same people that chant You Suck.. the same people that wanted Lou to GM until he was 98.. the same people that wanted Marty to play until he was 52...

unfortunately thats what happens when u have success under an administration that lasted 25 years. ppl fall in love with the admin over the team

Even if you don't think this jersey is bad by itself (which I suppose it isn't. Just boring), put it next to our real ones and it's no contest. Look at a picture of Bobby holik in a red CCM sweater. Look at a picture of the jersey underneath the Stanley Cup on Scott Stevens. Hell, look at these new ones side to side with a picture of Gelinas turning the puck over at his own blueline. There will never be a question about it. Over the last 8-10 years, so many teams have been going back to obviously better traditional designs in every sport, and there's a reason for it.  This isn't fresh or cool or  bold, it's nothing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, thecoffeecake said:

Even if you don't think this jersey is bad by itself (which I suppose it isn't. Just boring), put it next to our real ones and it's no contest. Look at a picture of Bobby holik in a red CCM sweater. Look at a picture of the jersey underneath the Stanley Cup on Scott Stevens. Hell, look at these new ones side to side with a picture of Gelinas turning the puck over at his own blueline. There will never be a question about it. Over the last 8-10 years, so many teams have been going back to obviously better traditional designs in every sport, and there's a reason for it.  This isn't fresh or cool or  bold, it's nothing.

I just realized we'll get to see Killjoy turning the puck over at his own blueline wearing one of these "beauties"...oh sweet Jesus...

16 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I strongly dislike the new jersey, bordering on hatred.

I miss the old goal song, but am OK with it being gone.

I don't chant You Suck and never did as it was just never my thing..."HEY!" was good enough for me.

I thought it was time for Lou to go when he did; his time here had run its course, impressive as much of it was.

Ditto Marty, who was here at least one season longer than he should have been.

So much for that. 

This is me as well.  Couldn't have sad it better.

5 minutes ago, thecoffeecake said:

Exactly.  It's awkward looking with the wide stripes on the sleeves and socks, and is too plain with the lack of the hem striping.  Looks like a simple practice jersey to me.  They could have done so much better with minor tweaks to our standard template, but of course they blew it.  It never ceases to amaze me how out of touch the business side of this organization is with their fanbase. 

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I just realized we'll get to see Killjoy turning the puck over at his own blueline wearing one of these "beauties"...oh sweet Jesus...

I'm just glad we finally paid respect to the Newark Bollweevils or whatever they are. A team nobody even knew existed until 24 hrs ago. 

• Like 1

Just now, Martyisth3b3st said:

Jesus. H. Christ.

Some of you guys are hysterical. Like, beyond hysterical. I'm not a huge fan of the new uniforms, I'm really not. But holy crap some of you are acting like they slapped your sister. 

The crest is the same. Reeeeeeeeeeelax. Calling your ticket rep to complain because the twitter guy made a (hysterical) joke? Bombarding them with phone calls requesting the old jerseys back? WHAT? What the hell is that fresh-graduated 24 year old kid making 30k a year going to do?!? "Hey, Mr. Harris, remember me? I'm one of your 472,300 employees. Anyway, this guy who sits in section 211 row 4 seat 9 thinks the new uniforms suck. Oh, we'll change them back now? Because of him? Neat, thanks". 

I'll be livid if we pass on Patrick and Hischier Friday night. I'll be livid if Shattenkirk signs with the Rangers. I'll be livid if the day ever comes that they change the Devils crest. But some of you are letting 2" of extra white striping literally ruin your week/month/year? If you're in this category, speaking as a friend, you should maybe try to distance yourself a little bit from this whole thing. It ain't healthy.

It's the Devils fault they are having these kids absorb the backlash.

What did they expect when they released these?

Just now, Martyisth3b3st said:

No it's not. It's your fault for thinking that screaming at a kid is going to do jack sh!t

Well then give me Harris/Blitzers direct line and I will scream at those two turds.

And the Adidas designers. They're all getting an earful

Edited by '7'

9 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

No it's not. It's your fault for thinking that screaming at a kid is going to do jack sh!t

I didn't scream at anyone, I sent an email, without cursing or any nonsense like that to my rep saying to forward it to the appropriate people saying that it's embarrassing to have a representative of the team post such nonsense on the teams twitter. That's my opinion and I voiced it in the only way I can. 

Edited by Satans Hockey

12 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Jesus. H. Christ.

Some of you guys are hysterical. Like, beyond hysterical. I'm not a huge fan of the new uniforms, I'm really not. But holy crap some of you are acting like they slapped your sister. 

The crest is the same. Reeeeeeeeeeelax.

It's downright hysterical.

The funniest part is when the thing starts to actually sell, and populate throughout the crowds. Sit tight and wait for some ass drunk fan(s) to start hurling insults at people wearing them. Guarantee you that happens.

I thought the twitter thing was actually funny.   I guess emotions were running high and it rubbed people the wrong way, but I didn't think it was being disrespectful to fan in any way. 

I sent my email this morning to my ticket rep, Weber, and O'Neil voicing my displeasure in a calm and reasoned manner. It may do jack sh!t at the end of the day, but at least I said my piece.  Hopefully they are bombarded with similar emails so they understand that they made a mistake with this and attempt to correct it in a year or 2.

2 minutes ago, Chuck the Duck said:

Hopefully they are bombarded with similar emails so they understand that they made a mistake with this and attempt to correct it in a year or 2.

If by 48 people (guesstimating) is bombarded.. then ::fist-pump:: mission accomplished. I can't see anymore than that. Could be wrong.. but I doubt it.

Edited by Beezer34

1 minute ago, Beezer34 said:

The funniest part is when the thing starts to actually sell, and populate throughout the crowds. Sit tight and wait for some ass drunk fan(s) to start hurling insults at people wearing them. Guarantee you that happens.

People aren't exactly clamoring for these. I don't know how these can possibly suddenly become popular. I never saw many of those black Islander jerseys, or mooteruses. I just don't see it with this.

Plus we already have better looking jerseys hanging in our closets that were made in 1992 and still look new and era appropriate. 

6 minutes ago, Beezer34 said:

i think theyd throw me out if i saw something like that

5 minutes ago, '7' said:

People aren't exactly clamoring for these. I don't know how these can possibly suddenly become popular. I never saw many of those black Islander jerseys, or mooteruses. I just don't see it with this.

Plus we already have better looking jerseys hanging in our closets that were made in 1992 and still look new and era appropriate. 

That's an bad comparison.  Those were third jerseys that were an option outside the primaries.  These are our primaries and with the no third jersey program next year, it is guaranteed to sell well by default.

Edited by DevsMan84

3 minutes ago, Beezer34 said:

If by 48 people (guesstimating) is bombarded.. then ::fist-pump:: mission accomplished. I can't see anymore than that. Could be wrong.. but I doubt it.

I contact that I have that works with the Devils has said approx 3,500 phone calls and roughly 5,000 emails, over 80% negative reaction. Some severely negative. They're still tabulating social media metrics and such but the figures are very ugly.

So more than 48 people. 

• Like 2

Just now, Beezer34 said:

Considering our entire fanbase is probably 150 people total, then 48 would be a significant %. 

In all seriousness, my ticket rep said that her account "blew up" (her words) this morning with complaints about this, but whatever you want to guesstimate is fine with me.   

dc0dh0juwaehcxy_orig.jpg

This nod to history stuff is laughable.

(1)  CHAMPIONSHIP COLLAR:  I never understood the point of putting stuff on the inside of a jersey where you can only see it when it's not being worn.
(2)  HONORING THE ORIGINAL:  It says the single stripe on the bottom honors the Newark Bulldogs, but then it shows a picture of the Bulldogs jersey which clearly has way more than one stripe.
(3)  RED COLLAR:  Not a single person would have been able to deduce that this is a tribute to the Scouts without this image telling us.  It's like they made the collar red and then threw this description in there as an attempt to keep people from being mad about it or something.
(4)  SLEEVE STRIPES:  Again, nobody would have ever made the connection between the sleeve stripes and the Rockies, and the stripes don't even look like the stripes on the Rockies' jerseys.  Yeah they're all the same width, but they are way bigger.

Edited by devilsfan26
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, '7' said:

I contact that I have that works with the Devils has said approx 3,500 phone calls and roughly 5,000 emails, over 80% negative reaction. Some severely negative. They're still tabulating social media metrics and such but the figures are very ugly.

So more than 48 people. 

While nearly impossible to get a good measure about the size of our fanbase, the best way to see is that the Devils FB page has over 478,000 likes/follows.  Out of the 8500 contacts you stated, if 80% are negative that is 6,800.  That means out of 478,000 fans they have received hate from 6,800 or roughly 1.5%.

I don't think it will do much.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

What's the hold up on those for us? I see a lot of other teams released them.

I said it in another thread somewhere (forgot where) but: what if the shoulders are red?

6 minutes ago, SS#4-Life said:

i think theyd throw me out if i saw something like that

Thrown out??? They would have to come and fvcking arrest me. If I ever see a fellow fan being verbally assaulted by another joker for sporting our new jersey, that guy's going down.

2 minutes ago, devilsfan26 said:

This nod to history stuff is laughable.

(1)  CHAMPIONSHIP COLLAR:  I never understood the point of putting stuff on the inside of a jersey where you can only see it when it's not being worn.
(2)  HONORING THE ORIGINAL:  It says the single stripe on the bottom honors the Newark Bulldogs, but then it shows a picture of the Bulldogs jersey which clearly has way more than one stripe.
(3)  RED COLLAR:  Not a single person would have been able to deduce that this is a tribute to the Scouts without this image telling us.  It's like they made the collar red and then threw this description in there as an attempt to keep people from being mad about it or something.
(4)  SLEEVE STRIPES:  Again, nobody would have ever made the connection between the sleeve stripes and the Rockies, and the stripes don't even look like the stripes on the Rockies' jerseys.  Yeah they're all the same width, but they are way bigger.

Yeah items 2-4 are a stretch, especially 2.  I have heard of the Bulldogs in passing only so I had to look them up today and see they played in the 1920's as a minor league team.  Hard to connect the Heritage to something extremely few if any fans remember or know about in addition to the visual aspect that you cannot even see the connection as the stripes are different.

7 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

If it's good I'll say it's good. What's the hold up on those for us? I see a lot of other teams released them.

Can't blame them really. I think they're prepping their employees on what to say if there is a second wave backlash. Wouldn't you be hesitant too?