The Devils Uniforms

6 hours ago, bostondevil11 said:

I have a Pandolfo and Oduya jersey.  I don't like getting the same jersey everyone else has.

I'm in the same boat. I have a few Devils jerseys and I'd say most are "uncommon"

Red Jason Arnott w/ SCF/2000 patches 

White Colin White w/ 25th anniversary patch 

Red John Oduya 

Red Matt Taormina (oops)

White Edge (1.0) Langenbrunner w/ C 

White retro Resch

Red Taylor Hall, Patrik Elias, and Travis Zajac (though these are obviously more common)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jesus. H. Christ. Some of you guys are hysterical. Like, beyond hysterical. I'm not a huge fan of the new uniforms, I'm really not. But holy crap some of you are acting like they slapped your sis

YOU SHUT YOUR GOD DAMN WHORE MOUTH LEAVE MY BANNERS ALONE SO HELP ME GOD *cough* I mean, uh, no I doubt they'll do that, doesn't seem to make much sense right?

Dallas doesn't have red on them though, the red and green together look awful to me. Seeing them a few times a year is fine but I never want them back full time.  

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Nicomo said:

The only player off the top of my head that isn't a # in the rafters guy I wouldn't mind having a jersey of is Madden. Probably my favorite non-all time great former Devil.

If I was to get and customize a jersey, as far as past players go, it'd have to be a McKay. He was my favorite.

• Like 1
If I was to get and customize a jersey, as far as past players go, it'd have to be a McKay. He was my favorite.

One of the most underrated Devils of all-time. I'm surprised you don't see more Brylin and McKay jerseys at the Rock. Heck, you don't see that many Daneykos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Recently got this in.  Got a pristine blank mid-90's authentic ultrafil from Meigray (still had the born on-sticker of Jan 95 on it) and sent it to EPS to get it done as a Peluso.  I look forward to wearing it to games this year.

35082710802_9d04729417_c.jpg

34439050523_9ba595d37d_c.jpg

• Like 2
Just now, DevsMan84 said:

Recently got this in.  Got a pristine blank mid-90's authentic ultrafil from Meigray (still had the born on-sticker of Jan 95 on it) and sent it to EPS to get it done as a Peluso.  I look forward to wearing it to games this year.

35082710802_9d04729417_c.jpg

34439050523_9ba595d37d_c.jpg

^ Best home/road (depending on your preference) jersey in hockey right there. The coloring, striping, font. Absolute perfection.

• Like 2

Look at these pictures and tell me that switching to those god-awful pajama tops at the expense of the prior design was a good idea...Hischier looks awesome in his new old uniform (even the #33 is kinda cool, though I'm guessing that he'll probably choose #13 or something else)...just looks so RIGHT:

http://www.northjersey.com/story/sports/nhl/devils/2017/07/11/top-pick-hischier-hits-ice-first-time-devils/470203001/

• Like 1

For everyone's info, MeiGray just posted their excess stock of Reebok jerseys on eBay. Red or white for $129.99, red and green retro for $149.99. 

For those who want a team issue Canadian made jersey in the old "correct stripes" style, those are a pretty good deal. 

https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ssn=meigraygroup&_sop=12&_osacat=0&_ipg=50&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR1.TRC0.A0.H0.Xdevils+2.0.TRS0&_nkw=devils+2.0&_sacat=0

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

For everyone's info, MeiGray just posted their excess stock of Reebok jerseys on eBay. Red or white for $129.99, red and green retro for $149.99. 

For those who want a team issue Canadian made jersey in the old "correct stripes" style, those are a pretty good deal. 

https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ssn=meigraygroup&_sop=12&_osacat=0&_ipg=50&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR1.TRC0.A0.H0.Xdevils+2.0.TRS0&_nkw=devils+2.0&_sacat=0

Just bought a red one. Thanks for posting

5 minutes ago, Bonginator11 said:

Just bought a red one. Thanks for posting

My pleasure. I didn't need any so I only got a retro. 

:)

1 minute ago, mikepeluso8 said:

I'm no uniform guru (I have a life) but, what's the gripe with the new jerseys? Doesn't seem to strike me as "oh fvck no!"...pretty basic, pretty standard, pretty Devils to me...

I collect jerseys and I have a life. Aren't you the guy who had nothing but FIRE HYNES to say for an entire season? You're one to talk!!

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I collect jerseys and I have a life. Aren't you the guy who had nothing but FIRE HYNES to say for an entire season? You're one to talk!!

That's correct.  I have a life, I don't collect jerseys AND I wanted to Fire Hynes all last season.  Questions?

1 minute ago, mikepeluso8 said:

That's correct.  I have a life, I don't collect jerseys AND I wanted to Fire Hynes all last season.  Questions?

Many. Most aren't appropriate to post online. 

Just now, mfitz804 said:

Many. Most aren't appropriate to post online. 

Great.  So without offending all of you with "lives" who collect jerseys and critique jerseys on the regular (must be a riveting one you're leading), can you share with the rest of us common folk what the issue with the new jerseys is? Thanks dudes.

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Just  bought one of these, and will be returning the Indo. 

3 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Just  bought one of these, and will be returning the Indo. 

Smart move. Much better quality plus cheaper. Even a half wit like our friend here would like that!

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, mikepeluso8 said:

I'm no uniform guru (I have a life) but, what's the gripe with the new jerseys? Doesn't seem to strike me as "oh fvck no!"...pretty basic, pretty standard, pretty Devils to me...

I'm no forum guru, but what's the gripe with this poster? Doesn't seem to strike me as "oh fvck no!"...he's a loser, pretty unintelligent, pretty crayon-eating to me. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, CommonDreads said:

That authentic retro is so incredibly tempting

I have a 3 month old baby , fiancee on maternity pay and a wedding to pay for in December .... Yet I need that jersey. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, mikepeluso8 said:

Great.  So without offending all of you with "lives" who collect jerseys and critique jerseys on the regular (must be a riveting one you're leading), can you share with the rest of us common folk what the issue with the new jerseys is? Thanks dudes.

It's called having a hobby you moron.  Is that too hard of a concept for you to grasp?

I've actually defended the new design quite a bit here and don't have any problems with it.  Questions?

now back under the bridge where you can can shout fire Hynes all day you troll.

10 hours ago, mikepeluso8 said:

I know your schtick is to be an abrasive douche, but I'll sum it all up for you, re:  those of us who have a gripe with the new jerseys, since apparently you won't read through the thread.

Though many of us would've been very happy to see the new Adidas Devils jerseys remain as close to the outgoing design as possible, a number of fans were at least open to the idea of a new concept, as long as it didn't represent an overall downgrade from the previous design...I was one of them. 

Well, suffice it to say that the Adidas version, in the eyes of many, represents a MASSIVE downgrade, to say the least.  The logo fortunately survived unmolested, but the shoulder yoke was truncated and now looks off, the "equal width" sleeve stripes were blown up to the point where they look like a child's swimmies (they look especially bad on the red jerseys), and the lower stripes were eliminated and replaced with a relatively thin black stripe at the bottom of the jersey.  These are pretty significant changes in the grand scheme, and to many fans, the new jerseys look like anything from pajama tops to cheap overseas knockoffs of what we consider "the real thing".  Even worse, apparently the main reason that these changes were made was to pay homage to the Kansas City Scouts (red collar stripe), the Colorado Rockies (the three equal-sized stripes), and some team from the fvcking Prohibition Era (the Newark Bulldogs) that maybe 1% of the Devils fanbase knows ever existed...hell, as far as that black stripe goes that has nothing to do with the Bulldogs as far as anyone can see, they would have been better off telling us that that stripe was paying tribute to the Jersey Devils of the EHL (they played in the mid-60s to early-70s...see photo)...at least that might have made some kind of sense.  But the fact is that a very small percentage care about this franchise's history prior to 1982, let alone some completely unrelated team from the 1920s.  It's a design that's not only very out-of-step with the majority of the fanbase's desires, but doesn't improve on the prior template in any way.

Now sure, some fans do like the new jerseys, which is 100% fine...to each their own...hell, I wish I could embrace these things, but they don't look right to me and no matter how many times I look at them and hope that they'll somehow grow on me, they still don't.  I think that they'll look a little better with equipment underneath them on actual players, but not nearly as good as the old ones.  Of course, some fans who do indeed like the Adidas jerseys strongly imply that those who don't agree are somehow opposed to change, stuck in the past, complaining just because, etc.  Not the case...with some tweaks, I could definitely live with a modified version of the Adidas jerseys.  But as they're currently designed, I think that they're pretty awful.  Seeing Hischier in the "old" getup only added to that feeling.

Image result for jersey devils ehl

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1
55 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I know your schtick is to be an abrasive douche, but I'll sum it all up for you, re:  those of us who have a gripe with the new jerseys, since apparently you won't read through the thread

"Won't" <> "Can't". We're talking about a guy here with a third grade reading level and the attention span of a squirrel.

I think everyone has already articulated a billion times what you've said; and even though I don't disagree with it completely I think it's fair to say "let's wait to see what they look like on the players". 

At the end of the day, for me at least, there was one thing sacred; the Devils crest. They didn't touch that, so I can't be too terribly upset. I prefer the old look to the new look, but when we see a full team in pads skating out there with these uniforms I'm not so sure it'll be the worst thing ever. 

Just now, Martyisth3b3st said:

"Won't" <> "Can't". We're talking about a guy here with a third grade reading level and the attention span of a squirrel.

I think everyone has already articulated a billion times what you've said; and even though I don't disagree with it completely I think it's fair to say "let's wait to see what they look like on the players". 

At the end of the day, for me at least, there was one thing sacred; the Devils crest. They didn't touch that, so I can't be too terribly upset. I prefer the old look to the new look, but when we see a full team in pads skating out there with these uniforms I'm not so sure it'll be the worst thing ever. 

Agree on the bolded, just didn't want to give him any excuses to go on and on, especially since he clearly wasn't going to read through the thread.  Now it's all been explained to him in one post.

Fine with people hating the new jersey. I like the old style better myself. Whats starting to get to me is the complaining about them spreading to and ruining every thread. 

We finally get to see our first No1 overall pick since 1979 on the ice for the firs time ever, and the training camp thread devolves into "OMG LOOKAT THE JERSEYSSO UGLY, I WISH IT WAS 1989 AGAIN!!"

I. Dont. Give. A. sh&#33;t. Leave the uniform bitching in the uniform bitching thread. 

I want to read about Hischier and the other exciting prospects we have.