Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Since1982-83

The Devils Uniforms

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

So, the jerseys that everyone hates have sold out on NHL.com in all but the smallest sizes within a couple of hours (the blank ones, anyway. Pre-customized Hall and choose your own player still available). 

I suppose we don't know how many they had, maybe it was like 10 total. But that seems unlikely. 

I went on around 6am and they were already sold out of 50s so I went for a larger size which said was in stock but then got bumped out. I checked again around 3pm and the sizes seemed to have replenished so I got a Hischier. We'll see what happens. I just want one to have one. That's it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Weekes Head said:

I went on around 6am and they were already sold out of 50s so I went for a larger size which said was in stock but then got bumped out. I checked again around 3pm and the sizes seemed to have replenished so I got a Hischier. We'll see what happens. I just want one to have one. That's it. 

I'll likely regret not doing the same. I have a Hall already, but I wanted the ability to return it if the customizing job is bad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Unfortunately it's my jersey tenure year, it's free so I'll take it but it's going straight in the back of the closest and I'll never wear it. 

I'll take a white Hischier please and thank you 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SMantzas said:

I'll take a white Hischier please and thank you 

Actually I believe you can only get a red one so sorry no can do lol 

The tenure jerseys are actually nicely done, I don't wear my other one either because since it's something different I got my last name on it plus the number being the amount of years I've been a season ticket holder. I'm gonna do the same for this one. Figure one of these years I'll frame them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just ordered a Hischier player t-shirt. That's all the money they're getting from me as long as these jerseys are around. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These are ugly as well, it's like the took the Target logo, reversed the colors and stuck the Devils logo right in the middle.. 

 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's the standard practice jersey for every team, that's the new template for all the teams under Adidas with the design and the logo being in the center of a circle, so nothing the team can do there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CommonDreads said:

That's the standard practice jersey for every team, that's the new template for all the teams under Adidas with the design and the logo being in the center of a circle, so nothing the team can do there.

Yeah, I still think it's ugly, not blaming the Devils on this one, just making a comment about it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

These are ugly as well, it's like the took the Target logo, reversed the colors and stuck the Devils logo right in the middle.. 

 

I actually like those, and I think what they did with the Adidas stripes works on a practice jersey, so glad they didn't do that to game jerseys. 

That being said, being its a red jersey, it does look a little more bullseye-ish than other colors would. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Yeah, I still think it's ugly, not blaming the Devils on this one, just making a comment about it. 

I actually find these easier to take than their new jerseys (though I'll never be in the market for a practice jersey...just not my thing).  If they were black, they'd look less "Target-like".  Almost has a soccer-like feel to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I actually find these easier to take than their new jerseys (though I'll never be in the market for a practice jersey...just not my thing).  If they were black, they'd look less "Target-like".  Almost has a soccer-like feel to it.

Full disclosure, I think I own at least 12 Devils practice jerseys, so they kind of are my thing. One of them anyway. 

36549868362_d74e0f28f3_b.jpg

 

36549868392_44557500df_b.jpg

 

36549868412_25318cb28d_b.jpg

 

36719317575_5734eb67eb_b.jpg

 

35903217964_a4694be775_b.jpg

 

36711433886_fd445da36e_b.jpg

 

36711433906_33066f9792_b.jpg

 

36711433926_ae26071474_b.jpg

 

35927895404_f71112e7c6_b.jpg

 

36241469113_e1a584f3be_b.jpg

 

37049014895_5bd8ef4b46_b.jpg

 

36214247684_a585acefe0_b.jpg

 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Full disclosure, I think I own at least 12 Devils practice jerseys, so they kind of are my thing. One of them anyway. 

 

Pfftt.  What a jersey snob.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Pfftt.  What a jersey snob.

I still can't figure out if the yellow ones are for hunting or pretending I'm a bumblebee. Or both, simultaneously, which I believe may be the answer. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I still can't figure out if the yellow ones are for hunting or pretending I'm a bumblebee. Or both, simultaneously, which I believe may be the answer. 

Still missing the all-mighty green Jofa one.  Of Coarse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice collection mfitz.  That yellow one does sear the retinas.  If you lay the black one over it you may need to break out a pair of eclipse glasses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Still missing the all-mighty green Jofa one.  Of Coarse.

4th from the bottom, it looks black in the picture but it's green. :)

19 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Nice collection mfitz.  That yellow one does sear the retinas.  If you lay the black one over it you may need to break out a pair of eclipse glasses.

That was well done, my friend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm watching warmups and I actually hate them more seeing them in person. The equal stripes on the arms and socks are absolutely terrible. Having nothing on the bottom makes them look so empty. Major fail for me. That's my opinion and I posted it in here where it belongs instead or the game thread. because I can't ever see liking these. I still cant believe what honored Colorado with the equal stripes and Kansas with the collar and the Newark who gives a fvcks with the pointless black line you can't see. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

I'm watching warmups and I actually hate them more seeing them in person. The equal stripes on the arms and socks are absolutely terrible. Having nothing on the bottom makes them look so empty. Major fail for me. That's my opinion and I posted it in here where it belongs instead or the game thread. because I can't ever see liking these. I still cant believe what honored Colorado with the equal stripes and Kansas with the collar and the Newark who gives a fvcks with the pointless black line you can't see. 

I actually think they look much better seeing them on the ice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at the pics and the snippets of videos I have seen online, they look pretty good to me.  Definitely a lot better than the concept art and pictures and very "clean" looking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lack of a stripe on the bottom is a complete non-issue for me after seeing them in a game. Not noticeable. 

 

The damn stripes are jarring to me though. I was fine until I actually made a conscious effort to notice what the jersey looked like while they are playing. Now I cant unsee how off they look.

 

Kinda like seeing the arrow in the fed ex logo for the first time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Chuck the Duck said:

Seeing them in person, they still look horrible IMO.   Just looks like an unfinished jersey to me, like almost all without a bottom hem stripe do. 

The floatie arm things are really a lot more noticeable than I thought they would be. The lack of bottom stripes does give it that cheap empty look but I didn't think the arm and sock stripes would be this pronounced. Ugly ugly uniform.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, '7' said:

The floatie arm things are really a lot more noticeable than I thought they would be. The lack of bottom stripes does give it that cheap empty look but I didn't think the arm and sock stripes would be this pronounced. Ugly ugly uniform.

Wait I thought you loved the new uniforms? Why the sudden change? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.