The Devils Uniforms

Since1982-83

I'm starting to doubt there is going to be anything really drastic done by Adidas. Remember there were a lot of leaks and justified panic during the last jersey makeover...and they had to re do things over and over as players complained. 

You can only do so much with a hockey jersey anyway. I kind of expect them to get rid of the weird untucked dress shirt look...but other than that what could they do? You can't really make them any more form fitting because players will complain.

32 minutes ago, '7' said:

I'm starting to doubt there is going to be anything really drastic done by Adidas. Remember there were a lot of leaks and justified panic during the last jersey makeover...and they had to re do things over and over as players complained. 

You can only do so much with a hockey jersey anyway. I kind of expect them to get rid of the weird untucked dress shirt look...but other than that what could they do? You can't really make them any more form fitting because players will complain.

The jerseys will look similar to the ones worn in the WCOH minus the Adidas stripes.  Therefore the "scoop" at the bottom of all jerseys will most likely still be there, but probably not as pronounced.

Not sure if this has been mentioned here in any thread in this forum, but your buying options for jerseys will be changing next year too:

1) The Reebok Premier replicas will largely be the same quality, but will now be branded by Fanatics and not Adidas.  From the articles I read Fanatics is looking to make the replicas a little more form-fitting and possibly/probably some minor material change.  They said this is due to fan feedback.  From what I am hearing a factory customized jersey (like what you find at Modell's) will be $170 and I am hearing blanks will be around $130.  Those prices are about in-line with the current prices on the Reebok Premiers.

2) Adidas-branded authentics will be made available for sale, but they will not be the made-in-Canada ones that the players wear on the ice with different build quality and materials than the ones the players wear on the ice.  Instead these will essentially be the current "Indo-Edges" that Reebok has been marketing as "authentics" that are made in Indonesia and are not the same as the Edge 2.0's that the players currently wear on the ice.  The new price for these Adidas Indo-Authentics will be around $360 pre-customized.

3) Currently if you want a made-in-Canada Reebok Edge 2.0 jersey, you have only a couple options to get one.  One is to get a game worn/issued or team issued jersey.  The other are small fringe retailers like Jersey Baron on eBay who has a source at Reebok where he can get made-in-Canada Edge 2.0's and sells them online.  However, it looks like Adidas will not be selling these retail and even Jersey Baron has confirmed he will not be receiving stock of the new Adidas jerseys.  Therefore to get the exact same jersey that the players wear that is Adidas branded, you have to buy a game worn/issued or team issued jersey.

Edited by DevsMan84

• 2 weeks later...

Kind-of an update, from Puckdaddy: 

ETA this quote from Creamer: "We’re expecting almost all of these to be no more than just a few tweaks to their design. Unlike the switch to Reebok for the 2007-08 season, none of these uniform changes will be accompanied by a new primary team logo."

The Devils have been one of the most intriguing names on this list, and Creamer punted on offering details because he knows too much. Everything we’ve heard was that the logo is safe, the colors are still black and red, and that the biggest change might be the black “belt” coming off the bottom part of the sweater.

All in all, the “core jersey” for the Devils stays the same. So no green and red makeover.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/bruins-sabres-devils-among-adidas-nhl-jersey-makeovers-report-134359661.html

Edited by LittleBallofHate
Add Quote

I actually just posted about this over in HF boards as well.

Creamer also said this past season that his sources told him that the Devils would wear the St. Patrick's Day themed green jerseys for warmups on the St. Patty's Day retro night.  That didn't happen.  I don't trust what his sources are telling him.

http://news.sportslogos.net/2017/03/13/devils-will-wear-retro-greens-for-st-paddys-day/

it's funny - i was at the NHL store on 6th avenue last night. Was just walking around and I hear some sales guy talking to people about jerseys and he's talking about all the changes and what everyone is going to be doing. He goes "Devils are going all green and red. Panthers are changing their logo again. Dallas is changing their colors. And the Oilers are going to Orange." I go - "you got one of those things right."

PS - NHL store all jerseys 40% off if you're so inclined.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sundstrom said:

it's funny - i was at the NHL store on 6th avenue last night. Was just walking around and I hear some sales guy talking to people about jerseys and he's talking about all the changes and what everyone is going to be doing. He goes "Devils are going all green and red. Panthers are changing their logo again. Dallas is changing their colors. And the Oilers are going to Orange." I go - "you got one of those things right."

PS - NHL store all jerseys 40% off if you're so inclined.

Sounds like them but to be fair I doubt they are hired more for pushing sales than having correct info.

i usually go to that store 1-2 times a year and I chuckle when an associate comes up to me to explain the jerseys but I know they have no clue what they are talking about.  I once had an associate who told me he knows for a fact that their store does the customization for all the teams in the league.

• 3 weeks later...

If you look closely, the material in the red part of the logo is the same as the jersey material.  However if the WCOH jerseys are any guide, the material is actually on top of twill giving it a sort of multi-material feel (best way I can describe it).  It's not just an outline of the crest being sewn into the jersey.

22 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

If you look closely, the material in the red part of the logo is the same as the jersey material.  However if the WCOH jerseys are any guide, the material is actually on top of twill giving it a sort of multi-material feel (best way I can describe it).  It's not just an outline of the crest being sewn into the jersey.

So basically this new Adidas jersey switchover will eliminate crests sewn on to jerseys and instead give us cheap jersey material crests? weak.

Basically when the light hits it it won't shine and pop like the old jerseys and will just look kind of drab. Won't just be us though as every team is going Adidas. I'm sure they'll say it's lighter and more breathable for the players.

Edited by '7'

3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

This can't be right, can it? Also I thought the authentics weren't going to be available retail: https://mobile.twitter.com/ProImagePTC/status/874288827803807745?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fhfboards.hockeysfuture.com%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D2346103%26page%3D9

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that's what i heard too

9 minutes ago, '7' said:

So basically this new Adidas jersey switchover will eliminate crests sewn on to jerseys and instead give us cheap jersey material crests? weak.

Basically when the light hits it it won't shine and pop like the old jerseys and will just look kind of drab. Won't just be us though as every team is going Adidas. I'm sure they'll say it's lighter and more breathable for the players.

No, the crests will be sewn on.  Just the part inside the logo that looks like the jersey material isn't just an empty space or hole in the crest.  It's the jersey material on top of twill.

if anything, it's more intricate.

On 5/10/2017 at 3:06 PM, DevsMan84 said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned here in any thread in this forum, but your buying options for jerseys will be changing next year too:

1) The Reebok Premier replicas will largely be the same quality, but will now be branded by Fanatics and not Adidas.  From the articles I read Fanatics is looking to make the replicas a little more form-fitting and possibly/probably some minor material change.  They said this is due to fan feedback.  From what I am hearing a factory customized jersey (like what you find at Modell's) will be $170 and I am hearing blanks will be around $130.  Those prices are about in-line with the current prices on the Reebok Premiers.

2) Adidas-branded authentics will be made available for sale, but they will not be the made-in-Canada ones that the players wear on the ice with different build quality and materials than the ones the players wear on the ice.  Instead these will essentially be the current "Indo-Edges" that Reebok has been marketing as "authentics" that are made in Indonesia and are not the same as the Edge 2.0's that the players currently wear on the ice.  The new price for these Adidas Indo-Authentics will be around $360 pre-customized.

3) Currently if you want a made-in-Canada Reebok Edge 2.0 jersey, you have only a couple options to get one.  One is to get a game worn/issued or team issued jersey.  The other are small fringe retailers like Jersey Baron on eBay who has a source at Reebok where he can get made-in-Canada Edge 2.0's and sells them online.  However, it looks like Adidas will not be selling these retail and even Jersey Baron has confirmed he will not be receiving stock of the new Adidas jerseys.  Therefore to get the exact same jersey that the players wear that is Adidas branded, you have to buy a game worn/issued or team issued jersey.

Edited May 10 by DevsMan84

My post from May 10th outlining how they will be sold.

10 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

This can't be right, can it? Also I thought the authentics weren't going to be available retail: https://mobile.twitter.com/ProImagePTC/status/874288827803807745?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fhfboards.hockeysfuture.com%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D2346103%26page%3D9

The "authentics" that will be available for sale are the made in Indonesia pseudo-authentics and not 100% the same as the ones the players wear.

current indo edges have layered twill crests and fight straps, but the jersey is not the same as the Edge 2.0's the players wear.

Edited by DevsMan84
  • Like 1

The "authentics" that will be available for sale are the made in Indonesia pseudo-authentics and not 100% the same as the ones the players wear.
current indo edges have layered twill crests and fight straps, but the jersey is not the same as the Edge 2.0's the players wear.

Gotcha, thanks DM. No wonder they'll only be $200 lol.