Right now we know the following for sure from the pictures:

1) There is red white and black

2) Logo is unchanged.

3) Black is still on the shoulder yokes

4) No white trim on shoulder yoke

Not to be picky, but

1) Correct.

2) In design but not in material

3) The "shoulder yoke" IS the black part. So they still have a shoulder yoke, and that yoke is still black.

4) The shoulder yoke never had white trim since the color change; it's the collar that lacks the white stripe.

On 6/16/2017 at 10:37 PM, mfitz804 said:

Not to be picky, but

1) Correct.

2) In design but not in material

3) The "shoulder yoke" IS the black part. So they still have a shoulder yoke, and that yoke is still black.

4) The shoulder yoke never had white trim since the color change; it's the collar that lacks the white stripe.

I mentioned the white stripe because one of the rumors flying around that I've seen is that the new adidas jerseys would have the white trim around the black shoulder yoke a la the old red white and green era jerseys.  That obviously isn't the case anymore.

4 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

I mentioned the white stripe because one of the rumors flying around that I've seen is that the new adidas jerseys would have the white trim around the black shoulder yoke a la the old red white and green era jerseys.  That obviously isn't the case anymore.

Ahh, I follow. In that case:

5) The white stripe from the collar appears to be gone. 

I heard a disturbing rumor that the Devils are going for an "empty" look by getting rid of the nice horizontal stripes at the bottom of the jersey? I guess this is to give the jersey an unfinished practice jersey look? I don't get it. Can't be true.

5 hours ago, '7' said:

I heard a disturbing rumor that the Devils are going for an "empty" look by getting rid of the nice horizontal stripes at the bottom of the jersey? I guess this is to give the jersey an unfinished practice jersey look? I don't get it. Can't be true.

I'm not a fan if when teams do that. Those stripes, to me, represent old time hockey. 20-25 years ago, basically every team had some form of them. It won't look right without them. 

5 hours ago, '7' said:

Sure hope that's a nonsense rumor.  They'd look ridiculous imo.

1 hour ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

I have a feeling they will be getting rid of all the white stripes on the jersey. 

Same as above.  Without the white strips the jerseys would just look.. bad.

43 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I'm not a fan if when teams do that. Those stripes, to me, represent old time hockey. 20-25 years ago, basically every team had some form of them. It won't look right without them. 

They represent current hockey as well. Most teams still have them and teams that ditched them in the RBK rollout went right back to them after fan outrage. They look good and add character to the jersey. Plus they fill what would otherwise be a big ugly empty space. 

I don't think the Devils are so stupid to allow this. And if they do, well whoever approved it needs to have his skull caved in with a baseball bat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Sure hope that's a nonsense rumor.  They'd look ridiculous imo.

Same as above.  Without the white strips the jerseys would just look.. bad.

I was thinking it would look like this just with as devils Logo. Which wouldn't be horrific. Screenshot_20170620-141241.thumb.png.bdeb83740a45ec7cefcb9e22a3996ecc.png

Hoping for no changes though.

Also saw this yesterday, oilers again. But interesting:

Screenshot_20170619-211130.thumb.png.42423b47e7f1d0b361fd87f9fd924d9c.png

7 hours ago, '7' said:

I heard that if the Devils will do this, that they will not be alone.  Apparently it is part of the Adidas Adizero design template for the jerseys (kind of like the apron strings for the Edge 2.0).  The very bottom will be a solid small black stripe and that's it.  A lot of other jerseys will have something similar (like Nashville will be solid yellow with a solid blue stripe on the bottom).

37 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

What time / where are the jersey reveals going to happen?

8PM EST.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, '7' said:

They represent current hockey as well. Most teams still have them and teams that ditched them in the RBK rollout went right back to them after fan outrage. They look good and add character to the jersey. Plus they fill what would otherwise be a big ugly empty space. 

I don't think the Devils are so stupid to allow this. And if they do, well whoever approved it needs to have his skull caved in with a baseball bat.

Whether the stripe is there or not there is not a huge deal in the long run.  A lot of teams eventually tweaked or changed their jerseys outright after the introduction of the Reebok Edge in 2007 and plenty went back to basically the exact same look before they changed to the Edge style.

Basically, whatever happens, the jersey design isn't considered something that is forever.

11 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

I was thinking it would look like this just with as devils Logo. Which wouldn't be horrific. Screenshot_20170620-141241.thumb.png.bdeb83740a45ec7cefcb9e22a3996ecc.png

Hoping for no changes though.

Also saw this yesterday, oilers again. But interesting:

Screenshot_20170619-211130.thumb.png.42423b47e7f1d0b361fd87f9fd924d9c.png

I don't really like that Oilers jersey, and I HATE that Canada jersey as a possible new Devils jersey.  Without the white, it looks so weird and quite awful.  White is integral to our color scheme and identity if you ask me.

9 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I don't really like that Oilers jersey, and I HATE that Canada jersey as a possible new Devils jersey.  Without the white, it looks so weird and quite awful.  White is integral to our color scheme and identity if you ask me.

Ours will have white in it.

3 minutes ago, BlueSkirt said:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DCI5ulvVoAAyiRx.jpg

Hopefully it's not this one !!!

Actually we know it isn't (right?) 

lol, yes, we can safely rule that out .

28 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I don't think that oilers jersey is real, instead just a fan rendition.  But we will see tonight

2 minutes ago, SMantzas said:

Am I the only one who'd love a patch of the outline of NJ on one of the shoulders?

One of the few things I'd tolerate. I'd  be cool with a state flag patch like Calgary does, but they don't respect our flag enough to hang one in the rafters of Prudential Center.

Just now, '7' said:

Fly Emirates? Weird name for a team.

That's an ad for Emerates Airlines.   Paris St Germain is the soccer team.  I'm not pushing for the vertical stripes but I always thought PSG had nice uniforms and I remember thinking last year that the Panthers should have tried the vertical stripes instead of mimicking the Canadiens, 

8 minutes ago, thecoffeecake said:

I was coaching a soccer camp yesterday, and one of the younger kids asked me "who's the goalie for Emirates?"

There is really nothing more absurd and bush league than putting ads on jerseys.

• Like 1