Sign in to follow this  
Beezer34

2017 YANKS

Just now, Martyisth3b3st said:

At face value this makes absolutely no sense. If you believe the rumblings, it's that many of the young core didn't have a great relationship with Girardi. 

There are other things you can think of -- for the talk of him being a bullpen genious, his team lead the league in blown-saves this year. I didn't like how he handled Sanchez after the passed-balls incident. I thought he had a tendency of leaving guys in games too long -- Kahnle in game 7 of the ALCS is an example. 

But all-in-all, it seems like there's something we don't see that happened. I would disagree that they "overcame it to win it FOR girardi". The post-game celebration had a few awkward interviews where the reporters were pushing that narrative and the team kinda shrugged and said "ok, yeah, I guess". 

I liked Girardi. I don't like this move. But I firmly believe that Brian Cashman knows more about baseball than anyone out there. If it was his call, I support it.

That's fair, Cashman has been doing a hell of a job lately...I don't like the move on the surface either, but sometimes you gotta trust the guy running the show, and I definitely trust Cashman a lot more than a stiff like Alderson.  I do feel bad for Girardi. 

Al Pedrique was a Met IF prospect way back in the 80s...I remember seeing him very briefly, before he went to the Pirates.  I know he's been coaching and managing at various levels since his short playing career ended (including some coaching at the major-league level).  Wonder if the Yanks would take a shot at a guy like that. 

fwiw, the young core not seeing eye to eye with Girardi isn't necessarily an indictment of Girardi. But I guess we'll see if they get somebody deemed more player friendly? Player friendly doesn't always = wins.

On 10/26/2017 at 1:38 PM, '7' said:

fwiw, the young core not seeing eye to eye with Girardi isn't necessarily an indictment of Girardi. But I guess we'll see if they get somebody deemed more player friendly? Player friendly doesn't always = wins.

It certainly isn’t, nor do I think that a yes-man player friendly guy will immediately pay off. But this team will live or die on the back of Sanchez, Severino, Judge, and Didi (and eventually Torres and Frazier). So having a guy that will make them happy can’t hurt