2017 Miami Dolphins thread

MadDog2020

Yeah looked amazing in every photo that I saw.  One of the best reno jobs I've ever seen.  I never thought that building could've been modernized to such an extent.  I'm going down with two buds, one of whom is a Dolphins fan who hasn't been down there in years.  We went down there together in 1997 and 1998...both games were pretty lousy (Pats won in 97 and lost in 98), but we had a blast.  

I gotta tip my cap to Ross- he does it first class, and he paid for it himself. He had a rocky start when he first bought the team, but he's grown into the role of owner pretty well. I was one of the fans screaming SELL THE TEAM for a long time, but between the stadium, hiring Gase, and his willingness to spare no expense in any aspect of the organization, I'm very pleased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We cut Franks and picked up Cody Parkey off of waivers from Cleveland. You may remember Parkey as the guy who missed three kicks against the Fins last year, which was the only reason we ended up beating the Browns. He only missed two other kicks all of last year though and had a better percentage of kicks made than Franks. It's slightly more than a lateral move as Parkey is a little bit better I guess. We also cut Darr and kept Matt Haack, rookie undrafted punter out of Arizona State. So we have a new kicker and punter.

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

We cut Franks and picked up Cody Parkey off of waivers from Cleveland. You may remember Parkey as the guy who missed three kicks against the Fins last year, which was the only reason we ended up beating the Browns. He only missed two other kicks all of last year though and had a better percentage of kicks made than Franks. It's slightly more than a lateral move as Parkey is a little bit better I guess. We also cut Darr and kept Matt Haack, rookie undrafted punter out of Arizona State. So we have a new kicker and punter.

Don't get cutting Darr.

Bucs opener vs. Dolphins won't be played in Miami Sunday as Irma looms

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20593668/bucs-opener-vs-dolphins-played-miami-sunday-irma-looms

The NFL announced Tuesday that the Miami Dolphins' season opener against Tampa Bay Buccaneers will not be played at Hard Rock Stadium because of Hurricane Irma.

The game was scheduled for Sunday in Miami, but that has changed because Irma is forecast to threaten South Florida over the weekend.

"In the interest of public safety in light of the current state of emergency, the NFL, in consultation with state and local officials as well as both clubs, has decided that playing an NFL game in South Florida this week is not appropriate," the league said in a statement.

Armando saying Monday night is a possibility. That would obviously be the best case scenario, as it would mean the storm wouldn't have made a direct hit on South Florida. At this point seeing how much of a behemoth this storm is, I don't really care when they play the game- I just hope everyone (including my family in Boca and up in West Palm) stays safe. http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article171412567.html

I don't get why they didn't just go to a neutral site, is Ross that adamant about not losing a home gate to disadvantage his own players? Not like switching venues on short notice is unprecedented...

And now both teams are gonna start Week 2 after basically 2.5 weeks off with no bye after.

Edited by NJDevs4978

8 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

And now both teams are gonna start Week 2 after basically 2.5 weeks off with no bye after.

I'd be furious if I were a Dolphins fan. That Bye week was right before the New England game. The fish actually ran shop (if memory serves) last season against our division. They went either 4-2 or 5-1. They always play the Pats tough too.

I don't get why they didn't just go to a neutral site, is Ross that adamant about not losing a home gate to disadvantage his own players? Not like switching venues on short notice is unprecedented...

We'd have six (SIX!) home games if they moved it to a neutral site because of the fvcking London game. That's why.

I'd be furious if I were a Dolphins fan. That Bye week was right before the New England game. The fish actually ran shop (if memory serves) last season against our division. They went either 4-2 or 5-1. They always play the Pats tough too.

I'm not furious. sh!t happens. I'm not one for having only six home games in a season. Sadly, there's no way to move the Saints game back from London. I'm more concerned that everyone in South Florida stay safe because if this thing hits, it could be pretty bad. And the Pats swept us last year, rather easily at that. They'll almost certainly sweep us again this year too.

17 minutes ago, Beezer34 said:

Dolphins went 4-2 in the East (0-2 against the Pats).  Pats pretty much had their way with them last season, though the first game got very interesting once Garapollo went down...the Pats offense basically went into "don't make a mistake, no matter what mode" (they were shredding it early on, and asked the D to hold the lead once Brissett took over)...Pats hung on, but it definitely got plenty scary in the second half.

Over the last five seasons, the Dolphins are 3-7 against the Pats (they've split the season series in three out of the last five seasons) and have been outscored 245-168.  They've played the Pats tough on occasion for sure (I'd say in recent seasons the Jets have played the Pats tougher in general), but the Dolphins have also had their share of blowout losses (four of the Pats' wins came by 21+).  I put the Dolphins in the "not to be taken lightly" category.  They have a way of surprising here and there. 

Agree with MD2020...sure, it sucks that the Dolphins are losing their bye week, but there's much bigger concerns right now than that.  Mother Nature can make us all her bitches whenever she feels like it.

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

We'd have six (SIX!) home games if they moved it to a neutral site because of the fvcking London game. That's why.

Oh snap, yeah that is a problem :P How does it work for the stupid London games though, do the two owners have to split the gate or does the 'home' team get it?

I realize Fin fans in/from Miami have more important things to worry about at the moment but the extended bye now and lack of a bye during the season is a real competitive disadvantage for what's supposed to be a playoff contender (two including Tampa), albeit the whole Tanneyhill injury already put a cloud on that.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Agree MD, I think killing their London game is a fair consolation.  And seriously, screw London. 

Agree MD, I think killing their London game is a fair consolation.  And seriously, screw London. 

It's nothing against London, but enough is enough... I've had it with surrendering home games for this sh!t. This better be the last one for a long damn time now that Ross got his SB.

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

It's nothing against London, but enough is enough... I've had it with surrendering home games for this sh!t. This better be the last one for a long damn time now that Ross got his SB.

I don't really have anything against London either, but sorry, to me those are friggin' luxury games, and there should be contingencies for cancelling or moving a game due to extreme circumstances.  Like what the Dolphins have to deal with this year.

• Like 1

I don't know how we pulled this one out today... But we did. Between all the injuries in camp, the hurricane, Timmons going AWOL yesterday and not playing today- this was a character win to pull this one out. Wasn't pretty, but I'll gladly take it.