2017 Miami Dolphins thread

MadDog2020

15 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

I don't know how we pulled this one out today... But we did. Between all the injuries in camp, the hurricane, Timmons going AWOL yesterday and not playing today- this was a character win to pull this one out. Wasn't pretty, but I'll gladly take it.

Special teams killed the Chargers yesterday (two missed FG including a potential game-winner, a blocked punt, a 30-yard return allowed)...one of those painful "Man we should've won this one" losses that can really screw up your season before it even gets going.  So-Charger-like. 

And yeah, I think one the Dolphins (and their fans) really needed.  You don't care how you got it (and you never should in the NFL)...you're just happy that you did.   

• Like 1

So Timmons has been suspended indefinitely by the team (max allowed under the CBA is four games), and we traded a 5th to New Orleans for LB Stephone Anthony (who sucks, apparently). I gotta say, this Timmons story is one of the most bizarre stories I've ever heard. Dude just went AWOL on Saturday, Dolphins file a missing persons report, and team security finds him at LAX getting ready to board a flight to Pennsylvania. Gase seemed furious on Monday at his PC when asked about the situation. It's truly unbelievable the stuff that happens to this franchise.... This is up there with Ricky retiring to smoke weed and Jonathan Martin slamming his lunch tray on the table and storming out of the building.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe if the overpaid babies on the team were actually focused on doing their job rather than figuring out the best way to make a spectacle about themselves during the national anthem, they wouldn’t be getting blown out by a d league roster.   Maybe Ross should keep that in mind rather than his real estate rivalry with Trump.

The entire team should be absolutely embarrassed, but I doubt a single one of them cares.

F this team.  I’m done with them.

23 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

lol every team in the league had some form of protest or other this week, what did the Dolphins do that was worse than anyone else?

Half of the team’s players were going off on Twitter all day yesterday.  Ross makes a point of encouraging the players to concentrate on their protesting, rather than playing football.  That’s a fact, sorry to break the news to you.  If asked about the Patriots, I bet Ross would give the Rueben Sierra answer about why he didn’t like the Yankees, “all they care about is winning.”

And meanwhile the teams that tried to outdo the others on their virtue signaling are all losing, the Ravens and the Steelers, both to crappy teams.

26 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Half of the team’s players were going off on Twitter all day yesterday.  Ross makes a point of encouraging the players to concentrate on their protesting, rather than playing football.  That’s a fact, sorry to break the news to you.  If asked about the Patriots, I bet Ross would give the Rueben Sierra answer about why he didn’t like the Yankees, “all they care about is winning.”

And meanwhile the teams that tried to outdo the others on their virtue signaling are all losing, the Ravens and the Steelers, both to crappy teams.

I'm sure plenty of players were talking to each other off Twitter as well, what's the difference there?  I can't picture Ross or any owner saying something like that but if that's true then yeah that's gross malfeasance.  Why would he bother spending $10 million on a clown like Cutler if winning's not his primary objective?

16e2f417e4119c35febaa74fc6f5e361.jpg&key=b7fadbf9d1f3696bbd3a7b6f870487ba4319ce1515b68d64a9686293d58f8116

You sound like an idiot. Seriously.

6 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

I'm sure plenty of players were talking to each other off Twitter as well, what's the difference there?  I can't picture Ross or any owner saying something like that but if that's true then yeah that's gross malfeasance.  Why would he bother spending $10 million on a clown like Cutler if winning's not his primary objective?

Ross’s primary objective is being liked.  Sometimes he believes that means owning a winning football team.  Other times, it means championing “social justice” and the like.  

If anything he should demand his players behave like adults.  The same way most of us could not go into work and not stop gabbing about how much we hate the country, he should demand the same thing from his employees.

Edited by Daniel

Ross’s primary objective is being liked.  Sometimes he believes that means owning a winning football team.  Other times, it means championing “social justice” and the like.  
If anything he should demand his players behave like adults.  The same way most of us could not go into work and not stop gabbing about how much we hate the country, he should demand the same thing from his employees.

I mean, every post is dumber than the next...

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

16e2f417e4119c35febaa74fc6f5e361.jpg&key=b7fadbf9d1f3696bbd3a7b6f870487ba4319ce1515b68d64a9686293d58f8116

You sound like an idiot. Seriously.

Enjoy watching a bunch of overpaid crybabies who have zero idea how good they have things in life go out and absolutely suck at the one thing they’re supposed to try and do well. And let an owner off the hook who encourages it.  It’s your dime.  

Enjoy watching a bunch of overpaid crybabies who have zero idea how good they have things in life go out and absolutely suck at the one thing they’re supposed to try and do well. And let an owner off the hook who encourages it.  It’s your dime.  

I will, thanks. Enjoy being a miserable fvck.

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

This fvcking franchise... emoji20.png

Really sucks when you get stuck having to hit the scrap heap when your QB goes down.  Cutler is just fvcking poison.  Even cancer is afraid of him.

• Like 1

Really sucks when you get stuck having to hit the scrap heap when your QB goes down.  Cutler is just fvcking poison.  Even cancer is afraid of him.

It's not all Cutler, but he hasn't been very good at all, obviously.... The o-line, as usual, has been underwhelming (especially in the run game), and Gase's play calling has been garbage. It's like Gase traded brains with Joe Philbin. He needs to get his play calling sh!t together, because I think he's smarter than what he's shown this year. The good news is it's early.... But it ain't looking too promising, and I certainly have no serious expectations for the rest of this season. Maybe we can get back on track next year after adding another high first rounder and getting Tannehill and the rest of the small village of injured guys we lost in the offseason back.