2017 Miami Dolphins thread

MadDog2020

What was also awesome is a friend of my sister's who I hadn't seen in years whose a huge Jet fan was at the game, and my cousin and I met up with her and her boyfriend and sat with them down in 120 for the entire second half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going there for the first time on 12/11 Dog.  Monday night.  Still blown away by how much that place had been improved. 

• Like 1

I'm going there for the first time on 12/11 Dog.  Monday night.  Still blown away by how much that place had been improved. 

It's awesome CR. It really feels like home now. It was LOUD as hell yesterday. I feel like we really have a home field advantage now. I love it.

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

It's awesome CR. It really feels like home now. It was LOUD as hell yesterday. I feel like we really have a home field advantage now. I love it.

I'm just amazed because that building was awful the last time that I went there (2014).  Just felt so old and dated, and need of some serious TLC...it had fine sightlines, but that was all.  I never would've thought they could've reinvented it to such an extent.  Incredible planning and execution all-around...just a hell of a job...not easy go from a bottom-tier building to what sure looks like one of the best.   

• Like 1

I'm just amazed because that building was awful the last time that I went there (2014).  Just felt so old and dated, and need of some serious TLC...it had fine sightlines, but that was all.  I never would've thought they could've reinvented it to such an extent.  Incredible planning and execution all-around...just a hell of a job...not easy go from a bottom-tier building to what sure looks like one of the best.   

It's truly night and day. It's like a brand new stadium.

• 2 weeks later...

No chance this team makes the playoffs now. Last night was the final nail. Offense looked much better, but too many penalties and the defense couldn't get any pass rush whatsoever. I will tip my hat to Cutler though, he played by far his best game as a Dolphin, but he couldn't overcome the horrible lack of discipline and the crappy defense. This is a lost year now. Two with NE, two with Buffalo, @KC, @Carolina next week, Denver... Forget it. 6-10, 7-9 at best is what we're looking at. Only five months til the draft... Sigh. [emoji20]

16 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

No chance this team makes the playoffs now. Last night was the final nail. Offense looked much better, but too many penalties and the defense couldn't get any pass rush whatsoever. I will tip my hat to Cutler though, he played by far his best game as a Dolphin, but he couldn't overcome the horrible lack of discipline and the crappy defense. This is a lost year now. Two with NE, two with Buffalo, @KC, @Carolina next week, Denver... Forget it. 6-10, 7-9 at best is what we're looking at. Only five months til the draft... Sigh. emoji20.png

Only hope is that every other team in the league pretty much sucks also.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

True... It is kind of wide open. But I just don't see it. Schedule is BRUTAL the rest of the way.

Denver can be had, but yeah, being 4-4 and having yet to play New England or Buffalo is bad. 5-1 in the division was the only real path to the playoffs this year, and this team is falling apart in front of our eyes.  So much regression to the mean...

On 11/6/2017 at 9:34 AM, MadDog2020 said:

True... It is kind of wide open. But I just don't see it. Schedule is BRUTAL the rest of the way.

Eh. Is it? Buffalo is a paper tiger and Denver looks to be on the brink of a tailspin. Bucs are 2-6 but have good talent and have underachieved so far. Now Winston is hurt. Miami winning 7-8 games in a year they lost their #1 QB before the season is not a disaster

Eh. Is it? Buffalo is a paper tiger and Denver looks to be on the brink of a tailspin. Bucs are 2-6 but have good talent and have underachieved so far. Now Winston is hurt. Miami winning 7-8 games in a year they lost their #1 QB before the season is not a disaster 

Two with NE, @KC, and @Buffalo are all guaranteed losses. That's 8-8 minimum. I could easily see them dropping the Denver and Tampa games, and they most certainly will lose @Carolina Monday night. It's another lost season.

13 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Two with NE, @KC, and @Buffalo are all guaranteed losses. That's 8-8 minimum. I could easily see them dropping the Denver and Tampa games, and they most certainly will lose @Carolina Monday night. It's another lost season.

It's such a weird team and season that I can see them beating NE and KC and losing to Denver and Tampa. 

Still, I just wish they went ahead and traded Landry at the deadline.  While he's not necessarily on Gase's sh!tlist like Ajayi, you can tell current management isn't in love with him (for what reason, I can't really tell), and it's a guarantee that one of those teams that either has a young QB or will be drafting one and has a lot of cap space will sign him.  I'd put my money on him signing with either the Niners or the Browns.  Or watch a total troll job by the Jets.

It's such a weird team and season that I can see them beating NE and KC and losing to Denver and Tampa. 
Still, I just wish they went ahead and traded Landry at the deadline.  While he's not necessarily on Gase's sh!tlist like Ajayi, you can tell current management isn't in love with him (for what reason, I can't really tell), and it's a guarantee that one of those teams that either has a young QB or will be drafting one and has a lot of cap space will sign him.  I'd put my money on him signing with either the Niners or the Browns.  Or watch a total troll job by the Jets.

I don't mind not moving Landry, and I'm still hoping we keep him, but it ain't looking that way. And I think Landry, while he wants to get paid, is actually interested in winning, so I doubt he signs with any of those teams.

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

I don't mind not moving Landry, and I'm still hoping we keep him, but it ain't looking that way. And I think Landry, while he wants to get paid, is actually interested in winning, so I doubt he signs with any of those teams.

The Niners could get really good, really quick.  And I don't think Garropollo is another one of Brady's overrated backups.

The Niners could get really good, really quick.  And I don't think Garropollo is another one of Brady's overrated backups.

It's possible I guess, but that will depend on how good Garropolo is. That team is a mess right now. The thing I fear is Landry going to NE and haunting us for years. As a life-long Dolphins fan who is used to being repeatedly kicked in the balls, I almost expect it.

21 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

It's possible I guess, but that will depend on how good Garropolo is. That team is a mess right now. The thing I fear is Landry going to NE and haunting us for years. As a life-long Dolphins fan who is used to being repeatedly kicked in the balls, I almost expect it.

Evidently the Pats do have cap issues.  So unless they cut Edelman, I don't see them being able to shell out $12 million for Landry, which some team is going to offer him.

• Like 1

Evidently the Pats do have cap issues.  So unless they cut Edelman, I don't see them being able to shell out $12 million for Landry, which some team is going to offer him.

Hope you're right about that... Seeing Juice in a Pats jersey would be vomit inducing. Maybe the Giants throw their hat in the ring, what with Landry's buddy OBJ being there.

Newton's 4th TD pass is precisely why nobody gives a damn about him getting hit so much, with perhaps more leeway given to the defender than your usual QB. That was a cheap run up the score/stats moment late in the game.

And yes I was playing against him in fantasy and that was the absolute last TD I could surrender and still win. Thank god Anderson came in

One of those games that really shows how misleading QB stats can be...if you didn't know anything about this game, you'd see Cutler's numbers and think "OK, he wasn't awesome by any stretch, but it looks like he wasn't too bad."

That end-of-half INT (after the Dolphins' D had just made a nice stop, and gave their offense a reasonable shot of least tying up the game, as they had all of their timeouts left) was an absolute killer...and Cutler's 2nd TD pass came in absolute pure garbage time.  I know he has his good moments, but man is that guy just a loser...and his loser-vibe is friggin' as cancerous as it gets. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

re:  Tannehill...guy isn't an all-time great or anything, but was definitely a solid QB and a guy you can absolutely be competitive with.  Cutler is a cancer who probably doesn't even want to play football anymore.  Miami will be so much better off when he is permanently out of the picture.