2017 Miami Dolphins thread

MadDog2020

13 minutes ago, CarterforPresident said:

Miami trades for backup Daniel Kilgore. Will provide depth and possibly start.

7 minutes ago, Daniel said:

And now Pouncey gone, replaced by Dan Kilgore.  I know nothing about Kilgore, but I really failed to see what the big deal was about Pouncey while he was here.  Often hurt and not so special in the leadership department.  

Allegedly, Pouncey requested release - he's either not right from his injury or doesn't want to be part of the rebuild that seems to be coming.

Kilgore is a "good enough" replacement to start.  Pouncey will be missed, he was a great player when healthy.

Also, Miami signed Josh Sitton, which could be a good value signing depending on the terms and injuries.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And now Pouncey gone, replaced by Dan Kilgore.  I know nothing about Kilgore, but I really failed to see what the big deal was about Pouncey while he was here.  Often hurt and not so special in the leadership department.  

I was never a Pouncey fan, and I'm fine with him leaving. Kilgore was rated the 23rd best center in the NFL last year by Pro Football Focus, and Pouncey was ranked 27th. That trade off is all good by me. The really big move was bringing in Josh Sitton to play LG. He's one of the best guards in the league, and its a two year deal, which is perfect. For once, the O-line looks pretty good with Tunsil at LT, Sitton at LG, Kilgore at C, Jesse Davis/Ted Larsen at RG, and James at RT. Just hope they can stay healthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to see Jake is doing better, but damn.  Sometimes it seems, we don’t know half of what these guys go through.  As Joe Namath said, the human body is not meant to play football.

I hope Big Jake can make a full recovery. He had HOF talent. After he got hurt in that stupid meaningless fourth preseason game Sparano left him in for, he was never really the same.

A few notes: Wayne Huizenga passed away today. 80 years old. As much as he would sometimes drive me nuts with some of his decisions, he was a good owner, and more importantly, he seemed like a good man. Never hesitated to spend money, always tried to win. That's pretty much all you can ask of an owner. Condolences to his family, and may he RIP..... As far as the team goes, we brought in two vets the last couple days: Frank Gore and Brock Osweiler (Osweiler just signed today). I'm cool with the Gore signing- solid vet, still a little gas in the tank, good locker room guy, and he gets to finish his career playing in his hometown. Re: Osweiler- just hope dude never sees the field, because he's terrible. I would've rather re-signed Matt Moore over this stiff TBH. I know they wanted a veteran backup, but I would think (read: HOPE) drafting a QB early on (first two rounds) is still a priority.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...