DEVILS WIN #1 PICK ****2017 Draft Lottery Thread

MadDog2020

Ugh of all seasons to win the draft lottery, of course it's this one. Sucks to be a Devils fan. We always get so unlucky when it comes to the draft lottery. Just look at Edmonton.

JK

I am so excited. I am much higher on Nolan Patrick than most, so this is amazing news! Last season in the WHL, Patrick scored nearly at Barzal's rate, and he is two years younger. While Patrick may not be on the level of Matthews or Eichel, I really do believe he is a legitimate player, and someone who can make an immediate impact as soon as he begins a season with NJ. I think people are skeptical because his production did not improve this year, but that is what happens when you play through injuries. This is a complete player, with great hockey sense and scoring talent.

With Zacha, McLeod, and now hopefully Patrick coming up in our system, along with guys like Speers, Gignac, Anderson, and Bastian (among some others), the future of this team's offense is looking quite bright.

• Like 1