Nico or Nolan

caron14

5 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Friedman making more noise in 30 thoughts that the Devils really want Heskainen or Makar, and might trade out of the number 1 spot to do it.

Don't do it Ray.

I think you may have misinterpreted. 

Friedman says that Shero may feel that defense is the most pressing need and he mentions the top 2 rated ones. He rhetorically asks if Shero would move down to draft one. Shero could just as easily get some via trade or UFA.

• Like 2

OK time to step up and make our predictions

I'm going with nolan , what I like is his sniper upside. Unless there a real medical concerns we don't know about, he's my pick.  Nico may very well turn into a zach parise,  scoring goals around the crease. And he may turn into tedneby. I just like the fact that nolan has a larger scoring radius with his quick hard wrist shot . His puck control speed and two way sense complete the deal. Injury history be damned ,  go upside, he's the pick

• Like 1

Neither Hirschier or Patrick are sure bets and none will be quite the impact player that we've seen come out in previous years. I would be open to fielding trade offers but it would have to be a pretty damn good.

Let's say the Panthers really want the pick...they offer you a deal of either Barkov or Huberdeau + their #10. You wouldn't listen?

Just used them as an example, but all options should be on the table

Edited by '7'

9 minutes ago, '7' said:

Neither Hirschier or Patrick are sure bets and none will be quite the impact player that we've seen come out in previous years. I would be open to fielding trade offers but it would have to be a pretty damn good.

Let's say the Panthers really want the pick...they offer you a deal of either Barkov or Huberdeau + their #10. You wouldn't listen?

Just used them as an example, but all options should be on the table

There's just no way Florida would offer that. 

Realistically, I feel the best we could do is  Hanifin and #12 from Carolina and even then, I doubt they do that. 

Maybe #5 and Juolevi from Vancouver but I think NJ should just make the pick. Both of these guys may not be franchise guys, but they're good bets to be top line players

10 minutes ago, SMantzas said:

There's just no way Florida would offer that. 

Realistically, I feel the best we could do is  Hanifin and #12 from Carolina and even then, I doubt they do that. 

Maybe #5 and Juolevi from Vancouver but I think NJ should just make the pick. Both of these guys may not be franchise guys, but they're good bets to be top line players

Probably not but some team may have a good player where it isn't well known that he's disgruntled and they want to move him...plus a 1st rounder. Ideally we'd want a player who's still pretty young and has had some success in the league. Who looks like he hasn't hit his peak.

Probably not but some team may have a good player where it isn't well known that he's disgruntled and they want to move him...plus a 1st rounder. Ideally we'd want a player who's still pretty young and has had some success in the league. Who looks like he hasn't hit his peak.

I wouldn't move the pick for anything short of a ridiculous- RIDICULOUS- overpayment. Think MacKinnon and #5 ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i find it funny that because there's no consensus #1 McDavid type guy available, there are people who think we should trade the #1. Just take the best guy available, simple as that. 

The last two drafts have warped people's perspectives with guys like McDavid/Eichel/Matthews/Laine at the top. This is a 'normal' draft- not a 'weak' one.

19 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

The last two drafts have warped people's perspectives with guys like McDavid/Eichel/Matthews/Laine at the top. This is a 'normal' draft- not a 'weak' one.

The comparison to winning $30 million in the lottery instead of $700 million is very apt. 

Nico moved to #1 on Bob Mckenzie's final rankings.  He surveys 10 scouts and it was 5 votes for Nico, 4 for Patrick and 1 for Makar.   The one vote for Makar had Nico #2 so Nico was ahead of Patrick on 6 of the lists.   

http://www.tsn.ca/hischier-rides-meteoric-rise-to-top-of-tsn-draft-ranking-1.783025

I've said before that I don't care and I trust management to make the right decision but I think I'm at the point where I kind of hope they prefer Nico just so we don't have to debate the injuries anymore.   

It's Nico vs Nolan now. We really like both players but it seems like the majority of Devils fans (and probably the team itself) is heavily leaning Hirschier.

What's interesting is now Patrick will go to the Flyers, and likely become our mortal enemy. And then we'll be thinking back to the days where we debated drafting him for 2 months.

12 minutes ago, '7' said:

It's Nico vs Nolan now. We really like both players but it seems like the majority of Devils fans (and probably the team itself) is heavily leaning Hirschier.

What's interesting is now Patrick will go to the Flyers, and likely become our mortal enemy. And then we'll be thinking back to the days where we debated drafting him for 2 months.

Every devils polls say otherwise... 

#TeamNolan 

How many 1st rounders from Vegas would it take to move back from 1 to 6? I think they have #6, #15 (islanders), and #24 (columbus). So would #1 for #6, #15, and #24 move the needle? Would be like instead of winning the draft lottery the Devils were gifted picks #15 and#24. 

How many 1st rounders from Vegas would it take to move back from 1 to 6? I think they have #6, #15 (islanders), and #24 (columbus). So would #1 for #6, #15, and #24 move the needle? Would be like instead of winning the draft lottery the Devils were gifted picks #15 and#24. 

I'd pass. Keep the pick and take the best player.

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

I'd pass. Keep the pick and take the best player.

Yup. Call it a "normal" draft or a "weak" draft, but if there's not even a consensus #1, god knows what you are going to get at 6, let alone at 24. 

Use the pick. Pick best guy. Simple formula. 

• Like 2

• 5 years later...