The Devils protected list

MadDog2020

1 hour ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

So can we start negotiating with Vegas to steal other players? Like we'll give you xyz if you select A and trade him to us

Yes most definitely. But the team losing that player will also be saying to Vegas "hey don't take him and we'll give you abc"... so they have a lot of decisions to make. 

2 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I can't believe we might lose Urbom for nothing!!!! :o:P

IMG_2616.PNG

I didn't even realize some of those guys were still in the organization. On that whole list, the only guy I'd care about is Merrill, and not that much. 

We traded for a bit bigger Jon merrill for a 2nd rounder, so I'm not sure if there's any deal in place. And who really cares about beau Bennetts 24 career goals. Zzzzzzz. We have some young forwards who will be coming up the ranks,

I'm fine with the list. 

4 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I didn't even realize some of those guys were still in the organization. On that whole list, the only guy I'd care about is Merrill, and not that much. 

It's a kind of sad list isn't it.  But that's the state of our roster, bring on the youngsters

Surprised to see Merill left open, but after acquiring Mueller, that was a given I suppose.

Possible guys I hope get taken, in  order of preference:  Lovejoy, Bennett, or Cammalleri.   Only guys I'd be disappointed to lose are Merrill and Noesen.   Anyone else, they're expendable.

20 hours ago, CommonDreads said:

Please, anybody but Ivan Khomutov.

How does he make the list? Why do we still have his rights?  2003 3rd round pick but never seemed to play in the NHL (thou I find it funny his Wikipedia has him as an 8th round pick from 2002 for some reason)

3 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Definite pro of being mid-rebuild without much talent.. no risk of losing anyone to an expansion draft.

Now if the NHL adds Seattle in a few years.. we might have a tougher time (hopefully?).

It's a double edged sword. You don't risk losing anyone because of the lack of talent, but you don't lose anyone because of lack of talent.

45 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

You'd rather Vegas take Bennett than Cammalleri? Are you blind?

Let's not go nuts here with Beau Bennett. He's shown flashes before but never put it together consistently for long enough stretches. He seems to be one of those advanced stat darlings who's a lot better on paper then he actually is on the ice. He's had some issues with injuries and will be 26 next year. I hope we can hold on to him too but he'd better take that next step and take it soon by putting together a productive 70+ game season

I don't think we should give LV anything to take a specific player.  Let him go! None of these players are (or ever be) game breakers.  

I'm still digesting the Mueller trade. That is a pro scout call, not an amateur (scout) call. Somebody went out on a limb for him

Losing any of the guys won't be a big deal.  My guess is Merrill gets taken, as he's the most attractive piece at a reasonable price with some potential upside.  After that, I'd say Cammalleri is most likely, but only if Vegas is looking to reach the cap floor or something.  After that, Lovejoy or Benett.  Of course, all Devils fans should be hoping to jettison Cam or Lovejoy, assuming we could do something else interesting with the money.

2 hours ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

You'd rather Vegas take Bennett than Cammalleri? Are you blind?

They're a close 2-3, but Cammalleri, granted if he could ever stay healthy, is 1000000x more productive than Bennett, even at 35.  Bennett has done nothing in his career to warrant any sort of praise or perceived value.  We need guys who can put the puck in the net, and Bennett just can't do that.  It's really as simple as that.

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 11:59 AM, Aitchmack said:

A few teams will be doing deals to make sure Vegas don't pick certain players. Vegas will probably be paying the Devils just so they don't have to pick any of our players! 

Seriously though. Maybe Shero has a deal in place so Vegas picks a certain player?

That list is like reaching into a port-a-john........filled with lots of sheet .

• Like 1

I was listening to a podcast with Craig Button and Frank Seravalli doing their expansion picks today and Button actually went for Gadzic.  His point was that he didn't like anyone on the Devils list and that Vegas doesn't necessarily want to come out of the draft with 30 contracts, so he picked the UFA Gadzic.  Seravalli went with Cammi for scoring