Fix the Jerseys! Bring back the horizontal stripes!

'7'

It seems like the rumors are true and the Devils have cheapened their jerseys. The stripes at the bottom are gone and it's essentially a dollar store practice jersey. Empty and unfinished.

The Devils need to be told very loudly, and very clearly that this horsesh!t is unacceptable. We are not the god damn Ottawa Senators or Phoenix Coyotes. Fix the jerseys, add the traditional stripes. You thought silencing the You Suck and R&R part 2 was annoying. You havent seen anything yet. 

• Like 2

To be fair, is there actual confirmation anywhere of a bottom stripe delete being a part of the new design? 

I've heard from a source it's pretty much a done deal regarding the Devils going to an unfinished jersey look from their old complete uniform.

Times like this we really need somebody like Lou to stand up for the franchise and it's legacy. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CarpathianForest said:

Nothing beats the pre-07-08 jerseys. Bring those back

Oh definitely. They were tremendous. It really felt like a pro uniform. Rounded hem, quality stitching. Thick quality logo. And they lasted. You didn't have numbers peeling off or fabric tearing or sweat dripping into gloves.

A friend of mine plays in an adult league with a #19 Yzerman that's probably from 1996 if not earlier. You'd think it would be frayed and worn by now. It still looks super crisp. And he basically wears only that and a Neely. They still hold up.

4 minutes ago, '7' said:

I've heard from a source it's pretty much a done deal regarding the Devils going to an unfinished jersey look from their old complete uniform.

Times like this we really need somebody like Lou to stand up for the franchise and it's legacy. 

Backhanded Devil is the main source saying this from what I see.  They may be right or wrong about it but they are just guessing.

I gotta wait to see the real deal before going too crazy...especially with no absolute confirmation...not saying your source won't turn out to be right, just that I can't base any reaction I'm going to have off nothing concrete.  I can't say the concept in theory of the current bottom striping being deleted thrills me though. 

It's been discussed, but the good news is that this is one thing that fans can make a big stink about to effect change (or a reversion)...if there's enough of an outcry, and the new jerseys prove to be that unpopular (for whatever the reason), we can make them go the way of the Fishsticks and Buffa-slugs.  Mistakes can be undone in this regard. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I gotta wait to see the real deal before going too crazy...especially with no absolute confirmation...not saying your source won't turn out to be right, just that I can't base any reaction I'm going to have off nothing concrete.  I can't say the concept in theory of the current bottom striping being deleted thrills me though. 

It's been discussed, but the good news is that this is one thing that fans can make a big stink about to effect change (or a reversion)...if there's enough of an outcry, and the new jerseys prove to be that unpopular (for whatever the reason), we can make them go the way of the Fishsticks and Buffa-slugs.  Mistakes can be undone in this regard. 

Yea I definitely understand. I mean I hope he's wrong. There's always a chance it was a rejected prototype like that Edmonton one that was pretty bad. He seemed pretty certain.

Almost all of the empty bottomed RBK jerseys were fixed so...I do think ours will be too. But I just wish the process was less secretive and the Devils asked for more input from fans before making any changes. Our fan base may not be huge but it is passionate and we still have that Lou cult of personality.

For a team born in 1982 we actually have the feel of a very old franchise where a lot is sacred. We don't take things being forced on us well. Actually R&R Part 2 and You Suck are not all that important to me. But to some fans it is.

The Islanders used to have that feel about them too until they went fishsticks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

If this rumor is confirmed true, I'm going to go out and buy some jersey's while they're still on the market.

Probably will have no interest in buying this basic looking sh!t.

I hoarded a bunch of jerseys when Cool Hockey made our sweaters available for $99 and free customization. I might try to snag a few more before they're gone but I'm running out of players to get at this point. Part of me regrets getting that Cammy jersey but I think I'm okay with it since he's the first #13 but I'm starting to grasp at straws now so...

12 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

The official announcement comes out in a few hours and you decided to make this thread based on an unconfirmed report? Lol.

Right?  Like why couldn't this just be a post I skipped over in the Devils Uniform thread?

On 6/20/2017 at 4:52 PM, mfitz804 said:

And I'll add this; since the Blues have maintained the horizontal striping on their jerseys, if we lose ours, its coming directly from the team. Had they not changed over to Adidas, the same thing would probably be happening. 

I believe that yes. But it would've been a good idea to at least poll the fans first as to if they want a new uniform...how it should look. etc

And that's really the thing. I'm against new jerseys but if the Devils started a process and determined there was interest in a majority of fans then I wouldn't have been quite so against this. If they did focus groups, if we could vote on what we wanted. If they listened to us and tried to learn about what we care about and consider important.

So yea on one hand I hate the jerseys and won't buy or wear them. On the other it's kind of dejecting that the Devils management seem to be so disconnected and out of touch with us. They don't seem to care.

31 minutes ago, '7' said:

I believe that yes. But it would've been a good idea to at least poll the fans first as to if they want a new uniform...how it should look. etc

And that's really the thing. I'm against new jerseys but if the Devils started a process and determined there was interest in a majority of fans then I wouldn't have been quite so against this. If they did focus groups, if we could vote on what we wanted. If they listened to us and tried to learn about what we care about and consider important.

So yea on one hand I hate the jerseys and won't buy or wear them. On the other it's kind of dejecting that the Devils management seem to be so disconnected and out of touch with us. They don't seem to care.

Whether they wanted a change, I'd agree they could ask that. Getting into HOW it should change with the entire fan base would be impossible. 

Is there any precedent where teams have done that before a design change?

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Whether they wanted a change, I'd agree they could ask that. Getting into HOW it should change with the entire fan base would be impossible. 

Is there any precedent where teams have done that before a design change?

I remember for the Mets I once got something to fill out regarding the fan experience and uniforms. Just checked boxes. At that point I was fed up with so much black in the uniform and wanted exclusively blue and orange. The next year we got it.

They would also do the double sided mirror focus groups where execs watched the reactions to the prototypes.

Edited by '7'