Write/Call the Devils - Demand the Real Devils Uniforms Return

'7'

The time is now to flood the Devils with your requests to bring our real uniforms back. Make it known how hideous this is and that we have 0 tolerance for it and that this is an embarrassment. Click the link below and it will take you to a page where you can write the Devils an email as well as #'s where you can call the executive office as well as customer service.

https://www.nhl.com/devils/team/contact-us

1 hour ago, sundstrom said:

you realize that the best you can hope for is 2018/2019, right?

I think there is an old NHL rule that for primary jerseys you can only change them at least once every two or three years.  That's why the Islanders took a bit to replace the Fishsticks jerseys as they wanted to do it after their first year.

so you are actually looking at 2019-20 as being the year we could go back.

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I guess they'll have to call the NHL every day as well to change that rule. 

Who knows if the rule exists still now that they switched manufacturers. I hope there is a one year window to switch back in case something like today happens. Not really fair to the fans to have to be stuck with this when we have a great uniform set in mothballs.

4 minutes ago, '7' said:

Who knows if the rule exists still now that they switched manufacturers. I hope there is a one year window to switch back in case something like today happens. Not really fair to the fans to have to be stuck with this when we have a great uniform set in mothballs.

That could be, but it's pretty certain either way this year we are getting these jerseys.  If the rule doesn't or no longer exists then best bet is 18-19 season.

Is this thread serious?  I understand liking or disliking a jersey design but petitioning to change it?  Do you watch the team or just pay attention to what they're wearing?

"Sorry, can't watch, there's a stripe missing on the jersey." 

• Like 3

I feel like calling or emailing the Devils about these jerseys will only get me put on ANOTHER mailing list for tickets.

Instead, I will moderately grumble about the change for a week or two, then secretly start to grow a lukewarm fondness for it, finally resulting in the inevitable purchase of a sweater customozed with our future #1 draft pick thankyouverymuch. 

I'm probably most Devils fans right now. It's alright. It is what it is.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, sammyk said:

Is this thread serious?  I understand liking or disliking a jersey design but petitioning to change it?  Do you watch the team or just pay attention to what they're wearing?

"Sorry, can't watch, there's a stripe missing on the jersey." 

I've never liked this argument. You can easily complain about any aspect of the team off the ice if need be and still watch and root for the team. One has absolutely nothing to do with the other. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Weekes Head said:

I feel like calling or emailing the Devils about these jerseys will only get me put on ANOTHER mailing list for tickets.

Instead, I will moderately grumble about the change for a week or two, then secretly start to grow a lukewarm fondness for it, finally resulting in the inevitable purchase of a sweater customozed with our future #1 draft pick thankyouverymuch. 

I'm probably most Devils fans right now. It's alright. It is what it is.

This has been one of the more overwhelming repudiations of a hockey jersey I have ever seen. Especially when you look at what it replaced.

6 hours ago, '7' said:

This has been one of the more overwhelming repudiations of a hockey jersey I have ever seen. Especially when you look at what it replaced.

I get voicing your complaints and concerns, but the one and only thing that will get them to change back (or at the very least modify the design) will be if no one's buying them.  It's going to be a while before we see how they're selling. 

20 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I get voicing your complaints and concerns, but the one and only thing that will get them to change back (or at the very least modify the design) will be if no one's buying them.  It's going to be a while before we see how they're selling. 

And unfortunately I imagine they're going to get a nice noticeable bump in sales with people buying jerseys with the #1 O/A selection.

They'll easily use those sales to justify the change.  

"See, people love it!  They're buying Patrick/Hischier jerseys en masse!"

Edited by Devilsfan118

20 minutes ago, Devils Pride 26 said:

What are some of the people you've emailed? I sent one to a ticket rep in the past but the more noise we make to all, the better. 

Sadly, at this point, not really.  They're probably going to take a "weather the storm" approach:  This is just initial shock, they've had the same basic jersey since 1992, they'll warm up to them as they get used to them, let's how many fans buy them before we consider taking any drastic steps, etc.  They're not going to take a relatively small faction of Devils fans complaining as proof of anything.  That proof is going to have to come through fans refusing to buy them. 

13 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

And unfortunately I imagine they're going to get a nice noticeable bump in sales with people buying jerseys with the #1 O/A selection.

Now not buying the new jerseys with the #1 pick would speak loudest, as a first real "we hate these fvcking things" salvo.  The Devils are probably banking on the whole "#1 O/A pick" player jersey to be a launch point and early momentum builder. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

13 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I'll wait for the player t-shirt.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Yeah, honestly we could all call them every day, they aren't changing it. 

I'm a realist and I understand nothing's going to change them for this year, but pressure needs to be put on them to revert back as soon as possible (read:  2018-19).  They can't keep these for anything longer than this upcoming season.  They're terrible.  Just terrible.