Write/Call the Devils - Demand the Real Devils Uniforms Return

'7'

32 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Absolutely agree, I would never boycott the team over something like this but I'm sure as hell not buying one of these things and that's the aspect I'll be boycotting. 

Yea I can't boycott the team. They didn't design this. But it is worrying, the disconnect between a large majority of fans and management/ownership. Harris and Blitzer and on down have no affinity or warmth or understanding of this franchise and its fans and what they want. And they didn't even try to reach out to find out

6 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

CCM>Edge>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Adidas 

Fixed...though I think once it's inevitably tweaked sometime in the next 2-3 years, it won't be so bad. 

24 minutes ago, '7' said:

Yea I can't boycott the team. They didn't design this. But it is worrying, the disconnect between a large majority of fans and management/ownership. Harris and Blitzer and on down have no affinity or warmth or understanding of this franchise and its fans and what they want. And they didn't even try to reach out to find out

im not trying to be a nose when i say this, but the dif in the changes is that significant to u

13 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

That is largely true IMO.

I could imagine if the Devils decided to change absolutely nothing except maybe the collar (that's the one thing that changed for pretty much everyone) then you would have a decent sized contingent of fans who would hate on the team for not changing something.  They can't win.

It would have been nowhere near the negative response these jerseys got, but I bet some people would have been wanting a change. 

Personally, I think they could've done a better job but after 25 years, I would have no problem with a design change. 

11 hours ago, SS#4-Life said:

im not trying to be a nose when i say this, but the dif in the changes is that significant to u

Yes to me it's enormous. It went from timeless classic to discount rack misprint. 

25 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Someone should go back and pick put all the threads where people said they were going to protest their offices, riot in the streets, etc. if the jerseys were changed.

I'm pretty sure none of that has happened thus far. 

Nobody is actually going to do that because we have no time to do that. But they've done pretty much everything else. I'm sure thousands of fans stating that they will never buy this is exactly what the Devils wanted to hear.

4 minutes ago, '7' said:

Nobody is actually going to do that because we have no time to do that. But they've done pretty much everything else. I'm sure thousands of fans stating that they will never buy this is exactly what the Devils wanted to hear.

Thousands? How did you calculate that?

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Thousands? How did you calculate that?

Anybody can see the volume of it. Just look at the tweets, facebook comments, petition sigs, message board and blog posts. You get to thousands very easily. And way more negative than positive.

I only looked at them for about 2 milliseconds.  What was changed?

I just don't understand why they need to change anything.  Does Addidas not have designers capable of replicating the last jersey?  My wife used to watch Project Runway and one time they had to make clothes out of car parts.  If that can  be done, Addidas can certainly keep the jerseys the same.  I can understand if they change the "fit" that striping may have to be altered, or the logo shrunk a bit.  In the case of the diagonal "Rangers", the angle may have to change.  Just do not understand the need for drastic changes just because it is a new company.

Edit:  Just saw them.  They definitely look, odd.  Like a youth team that had to keep the uniform simple because they didn't have enough money to design something fancy.  So yeah, complain away.  But, the BEST way to protest is to simply not buy one.  Or, any other addidas gear.

Edited by Matteau#32

49 minutes ago, Matteau#32 said:

I only looked at them for about 2 milliseconds.  What was changed?

I just don't understand why they need to change anything.  Does Addidas not have designers capable of replicating the last jersey?  My wife used to watch Project Runway and one time they had to make clothes out of car parts.  If that can  be done, Addidas can certainly keep the jerseys the same.  I can understand if they change the "fit" that striping may have to be altered, or the logo shrunk a bit.  In the case of the diagonal "Rangers", the angle may have to change.  Just do not understand the need for drastic changes just because it is a new company.

Edit:  Just saw them.  They definitely look, odd.  Like a youth team that had to keep the uniform simple because they didn't have enough money to design something fancy.  So yeah, complain away.  But, the BEST way to protest is to simply not buy one.  Or, any other addidas gear.

Adidas could've replicated our classics easily. This was the Devils driving the bus (off the cliff) on this one. It was done very secretly and we've been given some strange and nonsensical reasons for certain things.

What we do know is that it was not done by somebody who was a fan of the team, and only the bare minimum amount of research was done on us. Basically somebody opened up wikipedia and took some quick notes. They once wore green...check. Three championship years...check. Into the collar. They used to play in these two other cities...check. Ok throw that from that uniform and that from this uniform somewhere. Bottom stripe, take it out to make it different. Ok done.

That's all it was. I find it very strange how so many simple things were gotten wrong if this thing took months to design. 

Edited by '7'

53 minutes ago, '7' said:

Anybody can see the volume of it. Just look at the tweets, facebook comments, petition sigs, message board and blog posts. You get to thousands very easily. And way more negative than positive.

To be fair, I also see a lot of the same people beating the war drum pretty loudly with this.

2 minutes ago, aylbert said:

Wait.   Are we petitioning to replace New Jersey's new jersey with the one it's replacing... which we grumbled about, or the one before that?  Or before that?    I'm now lost in jersey inception. 

Yes the jersey that was universally beloved and hailed as a classic. That there was never any movement or desire to replace.