New Jerseys: let's vote

Chimaira_Devil_#9

New Jersey's: let's vote  

54 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the new Jersey's?

• Despise them
    • Hate them
    • They are bad, but not terrible
    • They are ok.
    • I like them
    • I love them
  2. 2. Will you be buying one?

• Yes
    • No

I despise them and will never own one.

If given to me for free I will violently destroy it.

If I have to wear one to attend a game I won't go

If I am freezing and need to put one on to live, I will chose to die.

I don't want too even have any memorabilia that has Devils players wearing it.

Edited by '7'
  • Like 1

Hate, won't buy.  

Honestly, for those of us who don't like them, and wish for them to revert back, even if it's not until next season, the best message we can send is to not buy these and continue rocking/wearing the ones we have now.  That's what I'm going to continue to do anyway.  Even if we get stuck with these putrid ones for the next 5 years, 7 years, 15 years, or whatever.  An entire arena rocking our original jerseys that we all love would send a huge message to management.  "Gee, the arena is packed and it's great to see a large crowd, but wait...why are none of them wearing our new jerseys?"

15 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Hate, won't buy.  

Honestly, for those of us who don't like them, and wish for them to revert back, even if it's not until next season, the best message we can send is to not buy these and continue rocking/wearing the ones we have now.  That's what I'm going to continue to do anyway.  Even if we get stuck with these putrid ones for the next 5 years, 7 years, 15 years, or whatever.  An entire arena rocking our original jerseys that we all love would send a huge message to management.  "Gee, the arena is packed and it's great to see a large crowd, but wait...why are none of them wearing our new jerseys?"

I think what Adidas should do is to either replicate or purchase the template from Reebok of the nicer looking uniform and keep making the good jerseys. Because people would buy them and get newer players on them

16 minutes ago, SS#4-Life said:

like. will buy

hionestly the jersey looks the same for the most part

How can you say that unless your vision is like 60/20?  Are you just very unobservant?  As someone else mentioned, the stripes on the sleeves are huge -- they draw a lot of attention and are almost comically big.  It's pretty much the first thing that grabs my eyes.  It's also pretty noticeable that the strips are also removed from the bottom -- the empty space looks odd and very plain.

To me they are eh.  I will stick with my CCM's never did buy the reeboksB)

BTW did anyone notice that with the short black shoulder yoke they look like Capt. Picard's command uniform on Star Trek : The Next Generation?:lol:

Edited by Rock

13 minutes ago, Rock said:

To me they are eh.  I will stick with my CCM's never did buy the reeboksB)

BTW did anyone notice that with the short black shoulder yoke they look like Capt. Picard's command uniform on Star Trek : The Next Generation?:lol:

source.gif

• Like 1

I will never buy this jersey.  They are not the worst thing in the world, as at least they kept the color combo and crest the same.  But they are plain, and awkward looking to me.  Plus, I saw a full uniform mockup  and the large stripes on the socks looks even worse than on the jersey.  The best part is the inside of the collar, and you can't ever see it.  I was hoping to be pleasantly surprised, but I knew the team and Adidas would find a way to F this up and they didn't disappoint.

I just love the explanation behind the design elements that they gave.  Still can't over what a load of BS that was.  Surprised the idiot that designed them didn't see all of the HS jerseys hanging on the wall and decide to incorporate elements from them into the jersey as well.  :rolleyes:  But it could be worse, we could be Vegas or Nashville - those are terrible.  

I think I'm up for a STH tenure jersey this season, and am going to ask my rep to give me the old jersey rather than the new ones.  Otherwise they can keep them or I can give the new version to my dog as a blanket/chew toy. 

54 minutes ago, Chuck the Duck said:

I will never buy this jersey.  They are not the worst thing in the world, as at least they kept the color combo and crest the same.  But they are plain, and awkward looking to me.  Plus, I saw a full uniform mockup  and the large stripes on the socks looks even worse than on the jersey.  The best part is the inside of the collar, and you can't ever see it.  I was hoping to be pleasantly surprised, but I knew the team and Adidas would find a way to F this up and they didn't disappoint.

I just love the explanation behind the design elements that they gave.  Still can't over what a load of BS that was.  Surprised the idiot that designed them didn't see all of the HS jerseys hanging on the wall and decide to incorporate elements from them into the jersey as well.  :rolleyes:  But it could be worse, we could be Vegas or Nashville - those are terrible.  

I think I'm up for a STH tenure jersey this season, and am going to ask my rep to give me the old jersey rather than the new ones.  Otherwise they can keep them or I can give the new version to my dog as a blanket/chew toy. 

Got a link to the full uniform mockup?  I'd like to see that. 

They made the jersey worse but not as ugly as most seem to be acting. I never really buy jerseys anyway as they are way too expensive to begin with so unless these are cheaper then usual I'm good. I got one away jersey that I got years ago from a blood drive at the Prudential center the rest of my immediate family has one when we go to games (brother has an Andy Greene, mother Elias and my dad borrows my brother's away jersey that he also got from that blood drive.) and I think we are all good with them.

Edited by roomtemp

Those stripes are just way too big and makes the whole feel of the uni too pajama-like.  More black and less white would've made a world of difference...the amount of white is just too much.  Instead of 1/3rd - 1/3rd - 1/3rd, something like 1/4 - 1/2 - 1/4 would've been a lot easier to take (not sure what the old proportions were, but the white making up 2/3rds of the stripe pattern is overwhelming).

• Like 1