Cory Pronman has "several NHL sources" saying Devils leaning towards Makar

Daniel

21 minutes ago, devlman said:

I agree it would be sickening if we drafted Makar. But Kyle Turris was also out of the AJHL (3rd overall).

Turris was out of the BCHL, which is still a B-league, but seems to be better than the AJHL, at least based on who gets drafted out of each league.

Zajac and Gomez were also BCHLers.  

The other thing about Makar is that he committed to UMass, which isn't known for producing great NHLers, much less someone you'd take number 1 overall.

Again just to reiterate - I have no inside sources, but this is bogus bullsh!t that the media puts out every single year to stir up controversy and make money off the increased traffic.

Remember when Eichel was going to go first overall instead of McDavid?  Remember when Seguin was gonna go before Hall?  How about Laine before Matthews?  It's the same sh!t different year.

#FAKENEWS 

Edited by Devilsfan118

1 hour ago, Lateralous said:

All I want out of this draft is for us to walk away with either Hischier or Patrick.  I really don't care much which one it is, just don't get cute with the pick when you're gifted #1.  

Although I could be persuaded otherwise by a big trade offer, my gut says you don't trade the first #1 pick in team history. 

Just to put this to rest, Andrew Gross asked Ray about the draft today & this is what he said: 

Asked Ray Shero if he ever considered trading down. He said he told staff he wasn't leaving Chicago without drafting Nico Hischier. To clarify, Ray said if a deal made sense to trade down AND he knew he'd still get Nico Hischier, he would've considered. Otherwise, a no go.

I guess this Pronman guy does not have sources in the NJD camp... 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, LittleBallofHate said:

Just to put this to rest, Andrew Gross asked Ray about the draft today & this is what he said: 

Asked Ray Shero if he ever considered trading down. He said he told staff he wasn't leaving Chicago without drafting Nico Hischier. To clarify, Ray said if a deal made sense to trade down AND he knew he'd still get Nico Hischier, he would've considered. Otherwise, a no go.

I wish these guys would be held more accountable 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LittleBallofHate said:

Several sources are saying that Pronman does not have several sources in the NJD camp. 

Before they clarified what he meant, I didn't understand Ray's quote being he had the #1 pick. But in the sense of trading down, it makes sense. And I do not think he would have gotten Nico if he traded down, Flyers would have taken him if he traded for #2, and if he traded lower than that, #1 or the Flyers would have. 

Edited by mfitz804

I guess he would only have traded down if they said who they were drafting? Not sure but I watched the PR thing on Facebook and Ray said he wasn't even certain who he was going to choose until about a week ago since there was no rush in deciding (there's a Lou-ism in there somewhere).  The only person he told was Tom Fitzgerald and that was 1.5 hrs before the draft. He said he told No One before that. But it was between him and Nolan Patrick and only those two were mentioned. 

I mean, once you make the selection, you can't say that you weren't certain.  I imagine that Hextall is saying that Patrick was the player they wanted all along even though it probably isn't true.  

So I still think that the Devils would have traded down to a spot where they could have taken Makar, but the offer really had to blow them away.

But otherwise, Pronman should have some egg on his face for making it seem like the Devils were considering taking Makar at number 1.