GDT: 6/23 and 6/24- NHL Draft

Derlique

I agree. They arguably got the best D man in the draft and they're already stocked. I only wish Lou drafted that well the past few years he was with us.  

I wonder why Liljegren fell so low. Hmm.

Same. I actually thought Shero was going to take a hard look at him, but alas we won the lottery. I think Liljegren would have been an perfect addition if we could have swung it. We'll see how he does in Toronto. If we know Lou's tendencies at all, I don't think we'll see him in the NHL for another year or two.

Sent from my C6725 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, slasher72 said:

I agree. They arguably got the best D man in the draft and they're already stocked. I only wish Lou drafted that well the past few years he was with us.  

I wonder why Liljegren fell so low. Hmm.

This article gives a few hints why:  http://thehockeywriters.com/timothy-liljegren-nhl-draft-wild-card/

Liljegren seems like a boom or bust pick. He shows flashes of excellence and then moments later makes a bad mental mistake that costs his team. This is one of the things that have caused scouts to drop him down in rankings.

4 hours ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Wasn't Nikita projected top 10 not so long ago? What the hell happened?

It doesn't seem that uncommon for players to drop like that, and it often turns out for good reason.  Lot of people thought Kujawinski was a first round pick a year from his draft.  

These awkward photos from Puck Daddy crack me up every year... this year's are not quite as LOL as some of the past ones but Nico/Bettman made the cut, Jocktan Chainey's bowtie and Liljegren with his "sweet Leafy salad, billowing in the air like angels’ wings..."  :D

https://sports.yahoo.com/10-awkward-2017-nhl-draft-rookie-photos-154455909.html

• Like 1