Jump to content

Devils select Nico Hischier #1 overall in 2017 Draft


Triumph
 Share

Recommended Posts

^and with hall getting killed out there without anyone to step up for him...same with schnieder...im not saying that you need a big hitting team but these assets need to be protected...pens were lucky crosby was able to come back from being concussed mid series.

maybe wood can hit but he loses it and the power play cant do anything about it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So we have to wait until he makes the team to get his jersey number.??  Imo, theres No doubt he's going to make the team ,with his skill set and skating. Small quick skaters play in the NHL, they're elusive. Nico will certainly be here.  Hopefully he won't be the only youngster playing with the club for the first time.  If McLeod steps up, and one of our recent 2nd rounders this will be an exciting year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CommonDreads said:

My money is on Nico wearing #18, it's available and it's the number he's been wearing for the Swiss national team.

Pretty good bet. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Nicomo said:

He's hardly small. He's 6'2. He can easily put on a little weight if need be. 

I just realized that, and at almost 180 he's not exactly scrawny . Ryan nugent hopkins plays lighter at that height.  And he,s an athlete

What we need is jesper hitting the weight room and wrist rolls.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

I just realized that, and at almost 180 he's not exactly scrawny . Ryan nugent hopkins plays lighter at that height.  And he,s an athlete

What we need is jesper hitting the weight room and wrist rolls.

For the record Jesper is not as tall as Nico but weighs 180.. so he's stockier 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Onddeck said:

For the record Jesper is not as tall as Nico but weighs 180.. so he's stockier 

but he needs to work on his wrist shot, and if a power game is what his style suites he needs to bulk up for the NHL..  apparently this kid has big balls and goes to the net hard

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, LittleBallofHate said:

OK I know this isn't funny but it's still kind of funny? 

Chris Ryan‏Verified account @ChrisRyan_NJ  

Flyers announce No. 2 pick Nolan Patrick underwent abdominal surgery on 6/13 for an injury from last season. He'll miss PHI development camp

And there you have it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a feeling both Shero and Hextall knew about that injury before the Draft, it's just the kind of thing that should have come up when they had Patrick evaluated by their team doctors, so it shouldn't be a surprise for those involved. That being said, it makes me even happier that we chose Nico, I would have been really upset if we invested a #1 Overall pick in Nolan only to have him be made of glass.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Strange thing about Patrick - he hasn't mentioned being drafted on his twitter account (a week post-draft) and there's no mention of the Flyers. There is a pic of the back of his draft night jersey but that's it. No "thank you for drafting me", no "it's a dream come true", nothing. And he's been on the account.

The one draft mention was a shout out to the company that supplied his suit.  I find that odd... maybe it's just me :lol:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LittleBallofHate said:

Strange thing about Patrick - he hasn't mentioned being drafted on his twitter account (a week post-draft) and there's no mention of the Flyers. There is a pic of the back of his draft night jersey but that's it. No "thank you for drafting me", no "it's a dream come true", nothing. And he's been on the account.

The one draft mention was a shout out to the company that supplied his suit.  I find that odd... maybe it's just me :lol:

 

If I was Hextall, I would of taken Miro Hieskanen or traded down from #2 pick.  Hope Patrick recovers, but it appears to be a short career of health issues that most likely will be exasperated at the pro level.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.