2017 UFA Thread

Daniel

Really? Free agents never choose to sign somewhere because it's their hometown team? Really? Are you sure?

All the time. I said he wouldn't not choose the Devils because he liked a different team as a kid. That doesn't mean sh!t. This is a multi-million dollar business decision. He may well leave millions on the table to sign with the Rags, but he if he passes on the Devils it won't be because he grew up as a Ranger fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Devilsfan118 said:

You really enjoy playing the contrarian don't you?

Brian Boyle, solid veteran presence.

No I legitimately find it funny how quickly you guys get upset when something goes the Rangers' way. I mean fvck then in general, but because someone wanted to sign there instead of here? Oh well.

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

All the time. I said he wouldn't not choose the Devils because he liked a different team as a kid. That doesn't mean sh!t. This is a multi-million dollar business decision. He may well leave millions on the table to sign with the Rags, but he if he passes on the Devils it won't be because he grew up as a Ranger fan.

So you are isolating a part of what I said and disagreeing with me, even though you just acknowledged that the other part of what I said happens all the time?

1 minute ago, John Wensink said:

Maybe one positive with Boyle is he'll be a big tradable asset at the deadline for a playoff team. Because it sure is looking like we're not going to be a playoff team.

We also needed a little muscle. Someone has to protect the speedy guys. 

1 minute ago, DevilMinder said:

Keep this on topic please.

Apologies, I believe I was squarely on topic but I'll behave better.