2017 UFA Thread

Daniel

I kind of really like BB8... But hey... That's life. 

Just I don't really get the last few days and decision from Shero (ok... I kind of get the Boyle one) 

Intrigued so far.. Before being worried in the next Few days if things aren't getting more clear.. 

Just now, CarpathianForest said:

So we're starting to look like the Oilers pre-16-17. A lot of fast, young talent, no defense and a couple old guys. Not very competitive. Sad.

It's been an hour. Plenty of time left.

2 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

So we're starting to look like the Oilers pre-16-17. A lot of fast, young talent, no defense and a couple old guys. Not very competitive. Sad.

Yea but not nearly as talented or asset rich to swing a young forward for a potential franchise d

I definitely agree that the whole Bennett in NJ experiment ended up not being great asset management. I would've liked to retain him but I can't get too upset. Seems like another player that will put up solid possession numbers but never find the back of the net. I trust Shero's longterm plan anyway.

• Like 3

Don't like letting Bennett go, while I get why it might've happened, they're just not likely to do better either internally or via the free agent market.   This whole 'getting tougher' stuff has its downside and this is one of them - you lose out on good players.

• Like 1

As much as it is going to suck to see shatty go to the rags (which I fully expect to happen at this point) I whole heartedly respect someone who would put their own enjoyment and aspirations above money. With him being a rags fan growing up in rags territory I can only feel admiration towards him for even considering the money aspect to be secondary to what he actually wants. Kind of sucks to be the devil trying to tempt someone with money to put their dreams off.

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Hoping that means he's working hard on something. 

I don't think it's thaaaat hard to get Shattenkirk, Radulov, Marleau and Thornton ! Come on ! 
(just because it's a intense day.. insert sarcasm smile somewhere) 

Edited by moustic