2017 UFA Thread

Daniel

and thats that. figures, more disappointment as a devils fan. They should've done everything they could to have gotten him here. Instead it surely seems like they don't want to spend to improve this team. Brian Boyle wow ... thats what we are going to walk away from this with. Another year another let down and more to come I'm sure.

One thing is for certain, Lou and Conte destroyed the franchise.  Absent a sustained tank job for like three years and more lottery luck, we are not sniffing the playoffs for the next decade. 

Edited by Daniel

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

One thing is for certain, Lou and Conte destroyed the franchise.  Absent a sustained tank job for like three years and more lottery luck, we are not sniffing the playoffs for the next decade. 

After building it up from nothing. Don't be so dramatic. 

1 minute ago, DevsMan84 said:

So which schmucks are we going to overpay now to hit the cap floor?

Could always give a hundred million to Kovy, but he wouldn't even take that to be a part of this dumpster fire of an organization.

Losing out on Shattenkirk really isn't that big of a deal that everyone is making it out to be.

So, he wants to be with his favorite team, great for him.

Ask Pittsburgh what they think of Shattenkirk, or Caps fans what they really think of him.

Just now, Satans Hockey said:

Why is everyone so surprised? He's a Rags fan and he wanted to go play for them. I never thought he was coming here no matter what we offered so it's kinda pointless to be upset. 

Because we were in the running until the very end and he would fill a major need 

Disappointed but I'm falling back on my original feelings of why the fvck bother signing a guy who will be on the wrong side of 30 when we're ready to compete. I'm so excited to watch him implode in New York. So fvcking excited.

If we can't land a hometown Carlson next year, yea, I'll be furious.  This is just going to be another hilarious episode of "The Rangers just got who? And they're still bad?"

John Carlson is on the final year of his contract in Washington... come home to NJ next year pretty please... 

Yeah right. He'll probably sign a one year deal with the Rags for $500,000 because BRIGHT LIGHTS BRAH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just now, Triumph said:

Because people like being dramatic.  I'm disappointed they didn't get Shattenkirk but the Rangers got him to sign a sweetheart deal and you can't match that.

This exactly. It sucks but when a guy isn't looking for the money there isn't much else that can be done

"no point in getting upset" No sh!t it obviously wont change anything but emotions are emotions and I hate that fvcking team across the river. Every Devils fan should hate it whenever they get better. Not only do they manage to "get better" every year but its not even on merit. It's just because they're in NY. fvck that team. I wouldn't have cared less if he went to any other team.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

Yeah right. He'll probably sign a one year deal with the Rags for $500,000 because BRIGHT LIGHTS BRAH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's one local guy that isn't a Ranger fan.  I think the Caps keep him though.  And at that point, even if the Devils signed him it would be like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.