2017 UFA Thread

Daniel

24 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

But they didn't go 'balls deep'... We offered him $20 million more than they did. They just threw an offer on the table, probably yelled BRIGHT LIGHTS BRAH BROADWAY BRAH and he signed it, because he grew up watching legendary Ranger greats like Tom Poti and Stephane Quintal and he said to himself HOLY sh!t RANGERSTOWN BRAH DREAMS BRAH. emoji849.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed and it speaks volumes if the guy left 20M on the table it's just another sign that for most top free agents there's very little interest in coming here.  I work in the city and hate every second of it the only thing it has going for it is its not Newark. There's no comparison in these guys eyes. The Rangers aren't making anything close to a serious run any time soon so even less incentive for him to go there.  But like Vescey (sp)  he was detained to sign there. 

Let's see if Sheri can make any kind of meaningful improvement as the next few days play out.  

This is the most entertaining thread in years... it should be gold plated!

Speaking of gold plating, I wonder how the season ticket holders are going to sound off on this SH!T-Show of trades/acquisitions by Shero and ownership? Betcha it's  all moneyball with bean counters; $13 plastic cup beers, $7 bags of peanuts, league revenue sharing, heck, they probably care less about Prudential arena being half filled. The once fearsome giants of the ice and winning, continues it's patchwork quilt of mediocrity.

Well, it's more of  getting drunk watching this year's 2017-18 patchwork parade.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, titans04 said:

Agreed and it speaks volumes if the guy left 20M on the table it's just another sign that for most top free agents there's very little interest in coming here.  I work in the city and hate every second of it the only thing it has going for it is its not Newark. There's no comparison in these guys eyes. The Rangers aren't making anything close to a serious run any time soon so even less incentive for him to go there.  But like Vescey (sp)  he was detained to sign there. 

Let's see if Sheri can make any kind of meaningful improvement as the next few days play out.  

Well to be fair- if they're judging NYC against Newark as the basis for their decision that's stupid- you can live anywhere you want in the Metropolitan Area and play for the Devils. The players don't live in Newark. Most of them live in Hoboken or Jersey City, which allows you access to NYC anytime you want with a two minute PATH ride. Now- sadly, a lot of hockey players are low-IQ, slow on the uptake half-mongoloids when it comes to intelligence, so I wouldn't be shocked if some of them actually did base their decision to go to the Rags over the Devils solely on a comparison between Newark and NYC. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, CarpathianForest said:

Marleau would be interesting. He was still good for 27 goals this past season. I know he disappears in the playoffs, but we're not making the playoffs anytime soon.

NO Marleau, for once in my life I agree 110% with Jeremy Roenick about Patrick Marleau, ohhhhh and then some. They call him the Prince of Plates, self absorbed dooshbag that most likely will be poison for the locker room. Send him anywhere but Newark.

The four youngest FAs who are NHLers would be Franson, Jared Cowen, Gelinas and Despres. I think we go for Franson or Despres, Jared Cowen is also a first rounder for the Sens. Dont know if Cowen is any good.

Edited by Anhkheg

22 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Well to be fair- if they're judging NYC against Newark as the basis for their decision that's stupid- you can live anywhere you want in the Metropolitan Area and play for the Devils. The players don't live in Newark. Most of them live in Hoboken or Jersey City, which allows you access to NYC anytime you want with a two minute PATH ride. Now- sadly, a lot of hockey players are low-IQ, slow on the uptake half-mongoloids when it comes to intelligence, so I wouldn't be shocked if some of them actually did base their decision to go to the Rags over the Devils solely on a comparison between Newark and NYC. 

Maybe the NJ Devils Communications and Marketing departments need some serious improvements on their recruitment and enticement techniques . Here's a simple starter link for Prudential front office amateurs:  http://homesoftherich.net/2015/04/hockey-player-ilya-kovalchuks-20000-square-foot-alpine-nj-mansion/

Edited by HOLLYWOOD

22 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

which probably means there are a lot of low IQ players on the Rangers that left money on the table.

• Like 1

which probably means there are a lot of low IQ players on the Rangers that left money on the table.

Yep. Hopefully Shattencocksucker is next on the list of losers to sign there only to be abject failures. I'll add that I hope someone on the Devils takes a suspension on him next year just because.

• Like 2

What's awesome is there's more disappointment to come! I can't WAIT for Monday, or Tuesday, or sometime after fvcking Labor Day or whenever he makes up his little pea brain, when that Russian assface clown either decides he's staying in the motherland, or will only accept a trade to the Rags (because you KNOW that's next), meaning we let him rot. Fun times. [emoji849]

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

But they didn't go 'balls deep'... We offered him $20 million more than they did. They just threw an offer on the table, probably yelled BRIGHT LIGHTS BRAH BROADWAY BRAH and he signed it, because he grew up watching legendary Ranger greats like Tom Poti and Stephane Quintal and he said to himself HOLY sh!t RANGERSTOWN BRAH DREAMS BRAH. emoji849.png

I would say that trade was a pretty big move to make the room for getting him on board. Them not having to offer him the max still doesn't mean they didn't have to make some serious moves to get him. 

I would say that trade was a pretty big move to make the room for getting him on board. Them not having to offer him the max still doesn't mean they didn't have to make some serious moves to get him. 

Oh it helped, no doubt. Can't deny that.

I'm dissapointed too, but ffs some of the people in this thread...

Really don't understand blaming Shero. If someone takes a discount to play for their preferred team nothing you can do. Signing Boyle seems counterproductive to what he's trying to build, but whatever. At least Cammy, DSP, and BB (sorry I know some of you liked him) are gone. Guess we'll see where the kids are at next season. Not going to "save money not buying Center Ice." I've stuck with this team through thick and thin  (a lot of thin in recent years) and I'm not bailing on them now. 

Edited by Nicomo
  • Like 3

Just now, Nicomo said:

I'm dissapointed too, but ffs some of the people on this thread...

Really don't understand blaming Shero, if someone takes a discount to play for their preferred team nothing you can do. Signing Boyle seems counterproductive to what he's trying to build, but whatever. At least Cammy, DSP, and BB (sorry I know some of you liked him) are gone. Guess we'll see where the kids are at next season. Not going to "save any money not buying Center Ice." I've stuck with this team through thick and thin  (a lot of thin in recent years) and I'm not bailing on them now. 

I'm not bailing on them, but it's not worth my time and money to watch them lose 45 plus games next year.

• Like 1