2017 UFA Thread

Daniel

1 minute ago, mackchi said:

The current AHL coaching staff we have. No one except rookies will listen to them. Do you really think some player in his prime is going to listen to a minor league coaching/developmental staff? 

Get real Ray....

This is I will agree with. I don't share Shero's confidence in Hynes. I know he hasn't had much of a roster to work with, but I'm just not a fan of the guy.

Just now, mfitz804 said:

He didn't want to come here, we stink, he'll have a million teams after him, including ones in Canada which is where he probably wants to be. What's going to keep him here, the Jersey Shore?

Not worrying about this today.  We might not even want him to stick around by then...like I said, too many variables.  

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

He didn't want to come here, we stink, he'll have a million teams after him, including ones in Canada which is where he probably wants to be. What's going to keep him here, the Jersey Shore?

Going to play in Canada is an even better way to not win a Cup. When was their last? 93?

24 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Andrew Gross @AGrossRecord

No schedule yet for GM Ray Shero to address the media today. Said to still be working. The plan is for him to speak later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

he damn well better be still working.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Going to play in Canada is an even better way to not win a Cup. When was their last? 93?

Doesn't matter. He plays in a division that is surrounded by guys like Crosby, McDonaugh, Vesey, Simmonds, Giroux, Atkinson etc; teams with multiple talented players on their rosters. He's the only guy on this club that could be described as elite. I'm just kind of sick of the deals I see going on elsewhere where teams are gms are actually making the hard choices to get good players on their teams and, no, I'm not including Shattenkirk in that statement.

I mean dickhead or not, I'm pretty sure Shero could have figured something out to get Neal from Nashville since the guy was exposed in the expansion draft.

Edited by CarpathianForest

Shero really busting hump here baby woooooo

Devils announce signings of Fs Brian Gibbons and Bracken Kearns and D Brian Strait, all to one-year, two-way deals. $650,000 NHL.

• Like 1

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

Shero really busting hump here baby woooooo

Devils announce signings of Fs Brian Gibbons and Bracken Kearns and D Brian Strait, all to one-year, two-way deals. $650,000 NHL.

Make Albany Great Again

The issue is this.  The Devils cannot score goals.  Shero has done absolutely nothing to fix that, unless you think that Nico and Zacha are going to each put up 20 goals, without anyone else falling off from last year.  Shattenkirk would have helped in that department, a lot.  And absent landing some phenom in the draft some day, that problem is only going to get worse.

Schneider could put up a .935 save percentage next year and we will not make the playoffs.

im happy with Shero so far... 

Boyle is a good signing.

He try to land Shattenkirk, but the guy only want to be a Rangers... Nothing shero can do about.

Now I am wondering who he is targeting and what is up with Kovalchuk... 

Your general thought on cody Franson... Should we try to land him?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, caron14 said:

Boyle is a good signing.

He try to land Shattenkirk, but the guy only want to be a Rangers... Nothing shero can do about.

I mean if they can't land a trade then they should look at Franson (he's nothing special).

2 minutes ago, caron14 said:

Boyle is a good signing.

Happy? The guy seems intent on signing former Penguins players regardless of whether they're any good or not.

2 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

Happy? The guy seems intent on signing former Penguins players regardless of whether they're any good or not.

It was all AHL signings they lost a lot of players in the AHL this makes up for it, relax

• Like 1

Listen,... those were AHL move... Nothing more than that.

Outside of Shattenkirk... There is no upset there... And Shero try to land him.

I'll wait for his next move,,, Who knows maybe we will land Radulov put of nowhere :P (i dont expect it...)

• Like 1