2017 UFA Thread

Daniel

31 minutes ago, Triumph said:

Yakupov in Colorado is a fine gamble for them.  The Devils already have their own Yakupov in Miles Wood.

#1 pick from 5 years ago is worth an $875,000/1yr gamble for a crap team. Maybe he "finds himself", if he doesn't, not the end of days. 

10 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

#1 pick from 5 years ago is worth an $875,000/1yr gamble for a crap team. Maybe he "finds himself", if he doesn't, not the end of days. 

Says a lot that a "nothing to lose" crap team is the one taking a chance on him...more relevant teams are already not interested.  His time with Colorado could very well be make or break.  

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Says a lot that a "nothing to lose" crap team is the one taking a chance on him...more relevant teams are already not interested.  His time with Colorado could very well be make or break.  

Correct. If he fails again he could wind up in Europe.

At $875k, worth taking a shot. Of course, he's already had a few years and nothing. Glad it's not us, but who knows, maybe he figures his stuff out. 

5 hours ago, LittleBallofHate said:

The other day, Chicago traded Kruger to VGK and today Vegas flipped him to Carolina for just a 5th rounder in next year's draft. 

Carolina's collecting all Chicago's spare parts, eh?  Teravainen, Darling, Dahlbeck, TVR & now Kruger. 

Kruger is a good 3rd liner.

On 7/4/2017 at 4:52 AM, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

In terms of the back end Nikita Nesterov looks like an interesting project. 

I think a few people had interest in Nesterov but he's headed to Russia: 

Dan Milstein-Hockey‏ Verified account @HockeyAgent1

Nikita Nesterov has decided to continue his hockey career back home. Will sign with one of the clubs in the KHL.

21 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Kevin Klein announced his 'retirement'. emoji19.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He said it's because of an injury and no indication as of now he's playing in Europe.  In any event, since the Stepan trade, the extra cap space doesn't really affect things.

Edited by Daniel

42 minutes ago, Daniel said:

He said it's because of an injury and no indication as of now he's playing in Europe.  In any event, since the Stepan trade, the extra cap space doesn't really affect things.

Okay.

So if Klein plays in another league this year can the Rangers be penalized?

7 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Okay.

So if Klein plays in another league this year can the Rangers be penalized?

Theoretically that might be enough to at least trigger an investigation, but my reading of the CBA (from memory anyway) indicates that it would have to reveal something like an under the table payment to Klein or close family member, friend, etc. for there to be any cap circumvention penalty.  There's nothing wrong with retiring from the NHL to play in another league so your cap hit goes away, subject to recapture penalties having a over-35 deal, and the like. 

Still, I would put it at 99.9999 percent that there's no investigation.  The Rangers don't need the extra cap space they're getting to do anything they need to do for this year.  I imagine an investigation like that is very  intrusive, and would only be triggered if there's some showing of probable cause.

13 hours ago, ilzz89 said:

Should devil's go after Markov to qb pp?

IMO, I still think he's got skills to offer.  One year only however, unless he's willing to get traded if we're not playoff bound.

14 hours ago, ilzz89 said:

Should devil's go after Markov to qb pp?

Yes absolutely need to go after Markov. Vanek as well. These are pieces that can help for 17-18, and are moveable assets at the deadline if we fall out of it again. 

Edited by '7'

29 minutes ago, '7' said:

Yes absolutely need to go after Markov. Vanek as well. These are pieces that can help for 17-18, and are moveable assets at the deadline if we fall out of it again. 

Problem with Markov is that he wants a two year deal, which makes trading him this year a little tough. 

Soooo.....has anyone given much thought to PTOs?  I have one for a James Wisniewski here and I would put money on Shero giving a hard PTO look at Simon Depres. 

Haven't followed either, but I know that both have been cycled through the Ducks d-corps.  Both have had injury issues too apparently.  

What do you think?    

11 hours ago, RizzMB30 said:

Soooo.....has anyone given much thought to PTOs?  I have one for a James Wisniewski here and I would put money on Shero giving a hard PTO look at Simon Depres. 

Haven't followed either, but I know that both have been cycled through the Ducks d-corps.  Both have had injury issues too apparently.  

What do you think?    

I'm pretty sure Despres isn't gonna play again. He suffered several serious concussions. On another note, how was Anaheim able to buy him out if he was on LTIR?