2017 UFA Thread

Daniel

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

Not for nothing either, but for a guy to leave that much money on the table tells me they didn't do a good enough job selling the organization. If you're Shero, you go full court press- you have Hall and other players reach out. You say to Shattencockbag 'we're building something special here, and you have a chance to get in on the ground floor. Do you wanna be part of something special, or do you wanna waste your time winning jack sh!t for that loser-ass franchise across the river?' Because this isn't the first time Shero has failed to close a deal (Vesey) when the competition has been those fvcking rancid a$$holes from BROADWAY BRAH. Maybe he did do this, Shattenjerkoff still said no, I'm just looking for someone to blame- but it doesn't sit well with me when dudes are leaving $20 mil on the table.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watch and find out his wife/girlfriend/cat got a $3 million front office job.

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

Not for nothing either, but for a guy to leave that much money on the table tells me they didn't do a good enough job selling the organization. If you're Shero, you go full court press- you have Hall and other players reach out. You say to Shattencockbag 'we're building something special here, and you have a chance to get in on the ground floor. Do you wanna be part of something special, or do you wanna waste your time winning jack sh!t for that loser-ass franchise across the river?' Because this isn't the first time Shero has failed to close a deal (Vesey) when the competition has been those fvcking rancid a$$holes from BROADWAY BRAH. Maybe he did do this, Shattenjerkoff still said no, I'm just looking for someone to blame- but it doesn't sit well with me when dudes are leaving $20 mil on the table.

We don't really know that for sure. sh!ttenkirk just has a boner for the rags, just like a million other players. Its the rag effect, people just want to play in NY even if it means they will probably fail at being successful. 

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Not for nothing either, but for a guy to leave that much money on the table tells me they didn't do a good enough job selling the organization. If you're Shero, you go full court press- you have Hall and other players reach out. You say to Shattencockbag 'we're building something special here, and you have a chance to get in on the ground floor. Do you wanna be part of something special, or do you wanna waste your time winning jack sh!t for that loser-ass franchise across the river?' Because this isn't the first time Shero has failed to close a deal (Vesey) when the competition has been those fvcking rancid a$$holes from BROADWAY BRAH. Maybe he did do this, Shattenjerkoff still said no, and I'm just looking for someone to blame- but it doesn't sit well with me when dudes are leaving $20 mil on the table.

He was a Rags fan growing up, the money at that point doesn't even matter. Would you take less money to play for the Devils if you had a chance or take more money to play for the Rangers? I know I'd take a bit less to play for my favorite team. 

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Not for nothing either, but for a guy to leave that much money on the table tells me they didn't do a good enough job selling the organization. If you're Shero, you go full court press- you have Hall and other players reach out. You say to Shattencockbag 'we're building something special here, and you have a chance to get in on the ground floor. Do you wanna be part of something special, or do you wanna waste your time winning jack sh!t for that loser-ass franchise across the river?' Because this isn't the first time Shero has failed to close a deal (Vesey) when the competition has been those fvcking rancid a$$holes from BROADWAY BRAH. Maybe he did do this, Shattenjerkoff still said no, and I'm just looking for someone to blame- but it doesn't sit well with me when dudes are leaving $20 mil on the table.

How do you know shero didn't do that?

regardless, he was never not going to NYR.. he wanted to go home, let him be.

people rip on players for selling out and taking huge contracts... and now we're ripping on players for taking pay cuts to go home and play for their childhood favorites? 

• Like 1

He was a Rags fan growing up, the money at that point doesn't even matter. Would you take less money to play for the Devils if you had a chance or take more money to play for the Rangers? I know I'd take a bit less to play for my favorite team. 

Not fvcking $20 million less.

Just now, Onddeck said:

people rip on players for selling out and taking huge contracts... and now we're ripping on players for taking pay cuts to go home and play for their childhood favorites? 

Because Ranger fans, by their very nature, are douchebags.

• Like 1

Did anyone read the last part of my post?

Have you guys even looked at the hometown discount that Shattenkirk took to go-to NYR?

He wanted to go to NYR and he probably would have taken less. It doesn't do anyone any good to whine about it, when the signs that he wants to go-to New York are there.

Buffalo was offering close to 7 years apparently. We'll just have to make due on the defensive end.

Our season is dependent on Severson to develop and Mueller not being a bust.

Sent from my C6725 using Tapatalk

It just would have been nice to land the golden apple for once, especially since 24 hours ago most of you all were salivating at the idea of Shattenkirk in a Devils sweater. I don't think he makes or breaks and Cup chances (especially for a decade...what?), but it would have been a nice step in the right direction. 

You can't get mad at the guy for wanting to play for his childhood dream team and even taking a discount to do so...but you can still be mad at the situation. Was he ever really going to sign here? Probably not, but with how the stars were aligning yesterday, it seemed like there was actually a distinct chance it *could* happen. And it's fun to actually be on the winning end of a low-chance opportunity.

It's just frustrating. It seemed like we would be the busiest team of them all. We struck out so far. Balls.

• Like 1

Just now, RizzMB30 said:

Our season is dependent on Severson to develop and Mueller not being a bust.

If that's true, just forfeit the season and negotiate for the best lottery odds.  Mueller is already a bust.  And Severson is what he is, and it's not and never will be that legitimate first pairing defenseman that the constantly wrong analytics people said he is.

• Like 1

I don't know who is more delusional; the people who thought Shattenkirk made us these magic immediate cup contenders or the people who think that the Devils without Shattenkirk won't make the playoffs for a decade. 

Holy sh!t the butthurt is real amirite?

8 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I'd be ok with it if he left $20m on the table to sign with us...wouldn't you?

Okay so here are the D that are still available: Markov, Wideman, Streit, Franson, Kindl, Gelinas, Beauchemin, Oduya, Despres, Michalek, Matt Greene, Schultz, Polak, Tyutin, Liles, Gilbert, Quincey, Weber, Jokipakka, Nesterov, Prosser and some other dudes not worth a mention.

2 minutes ago, Weekes Head said:

It just would have been nice to land the golden apple for once, especially since 24 hours ago most of you all were salivating at the idea of Shattenkirk in a Devils sweater. I don't think he makes or breaks and Cup chances (especially for a decade...what?), but it would have been a nice step in the right direction. 

You can't get mad at the guy for wanting to play for his childhood dream team and even taking a discount to do so...but you can still be mad at the situation. Was he ever really going to sign here? Probably not, but with how the stars were aligning yesterday, it seemed like there was actually a distinct chance it *could* happen. And it's fun to actually be on the winning end of a low-chance opportunity.

It's just frustrating. It seemed like we would be the busiest team of them all. We struck out so far. Balls.

That's the frustrating part. If we lost Shattenkirk but something else good happened, that'd be ok. But we signed Brian Boyle at like 12:01 and then zero? 

It cant happen, something has to be happening...doesn't it?

• Like 2

If that's true, just forfeit the season and negotiate for the best lottery odds.  Mueller is already a bust.  And Severson is what he is, and it's not and never will be that legitimate first pairing defenseman that the constantly wrong analytics people said he is.

What? Stay on the boat dude. Mueller is already a bust? This assumes that the Mueller deal was awful before he has played a single game yet in Jersey. Why were other teams looking at him?

You say "he is what he is", but you're totally writing these guys off because Shattenkirk.