Sign in to follow this  
Daniel

2017 UFA Thread

Shero will look at Despres, Franson, Oduya, maybe Streit or Wideman. Still sh!t options.

Sent from my C6725 using Tapatalk

What I will say is there are very few places for Matt Duchene to land in now. And every day that passes his value is dropping. 

When the rags made that big move with Stepan you knew they were going balls deep for Shattenkirk.  Then when I found out he was a childhood Rags fan you knew it was all over. 

But they didn't go 'balls deep'... We offered him $20 million more than they did. They just threw an offer on the table, probably yelled BRIGHT LIGHTS BRAH BROADWAY BRAH and he signed it, because he grew up watching legendary Ranger greats like Tom Poti and Stephane Quintal and he said to himself HOLY sh!t RANGERSTOWN BRAH DREAMS BRAH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

What I will say is there are very few places for Matt Duchene to land in now. And every day that passes his value is dropping. 

Unless we see McLeod or Hirschier as a wing, I don't see the point. Henrique is going the other way along with a 1st rounder

Sent from my C6725 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

That guy has loser written all over him.  He'll be perfect for us.

3 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I don't care either way about the owners but what exactly are they supposed to do? Shero apparently offered more money and the Rags fan didn't want it, how is that their fault yet again? 

BCAUSE THE OWNERS TOOK AWAY HEY YOU SUCK AND FIRED LOU, THEY'RE SO CHEEP

/facebookfan

Edited by CommonDreads
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

That guy has loser written all over him.  He'll be perfect for us.

Holy fvcking sh!t SHUT THE FVCK UP

• Like 3

maybe we can sign stephen gionta to calm the anger

thornton going back to the sharks

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Holy fvcking sh!t SHUT THE FVCK UP

You trade for that guy at your own peril.  With the exception of one year, the Avs have been garbage, and it's not for lack of surrounding talent.  He'll be fine on a team that's already good.  Unless Salic just throws in the towel and gives him away, he's absolutely the last thing the Devils need.

Edited by Daniel

Just now, Daniel said:

You trade for that guy at your own peril.  With the exception of one year, the Avs have been garbage, and it's not for lack of surrounding talent.  He'll be fine in a team that's already good.  Unless Salic just throws in the towel and gives him away, he's absolutely the last thing the Devils need.

Ahhh, so you're one of those "he's damaged goods" type of guys. It's not Duchene's fault that Sakic trotted out an ECHL level defense and a mediocre overpayed goalie and expecting the team to win.

Not that it really matters, because the Devils aren't getting Matt Duchene, but still, the argument is bizarre to me.

So we can continue to bitch and moan for at least a few more hours today...

Edited by Weekes Head

Well, Gross with his usual ground breaking stories says Shero might be working on a few more things.   Cody Franson baby.  Lots of character, but can still learn leadership skills from Ben Lovejoy.

We will be so much fun next year with Kovy / Hischer / Radulov but no D... 

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

Well, Gross with his usual ground breaking stories says Shero might be working on a few more things.   Cody Franson baby.  Lots of character, but can still learn leadership skills from Ben Lovejoy.

Cody Franson is actually a quality defenseman.

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

All young defensemen need to stay away from Ben "Where's the puck?" Lovejoy.

I'm upset he went to the Rangers, but to get him we would of had to pay 7x7 for him. I'm glad we didn't sign him

24 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

But they didn't go 'balls deep'... We offered him $20 million more than they did. They just threw an offer on the table, probably yelled BRIGHT LIGHTS BRAH BROADWAY BRAH and he signed it, because he grew up watching legendary Ranger greats like Tom Poti and Stephane Quintal and he said to himself HOLY sh!t RANGERSTOWN BRAH DREAMS BRAH. emoji849.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed and it speaks volumes if the guy left 20M on the table it's just another sign that for most top free agents there's very little interest in coming here.  I work in the city and hate every second of it the only thing it has going for it is its not Newark. There's no comparison in these guys eyes. The Rangers aren't making anything close to a serious run any time soon so even less incentive for him to go there.  But like Vescey (sp)  he was detained to sign there. 

Let's see if Sheri can make any kind of meaningful improvement as the next few days play out.  

This is the most entertaining thread in years... it should be gold plated!

Speaking of gold plating, I wonder how the season ticket holders are going to sound off on this SH!T-Show of trades/acquisitions by Shero and ownership? Betcha it's  all moneyball with bean counters; $13 plastic cup beers, $7 bags of peanuts, league revenue sharing, heck, they probably care less about Prudential arena being half filled. The once fearsome giants of the ice and winning, continues it's patchwork quilt of mediocrity.

Well, it's more of  getting drunk watching this year's 2017-18 patchwork parade.

• Like 1

Marleau would be interesting. He was still good for 27 goals this past season. I know he disappears in the playoffs, but we're not making the playoffs anytime soon.

12 minutes ago, titans04 said:

Agreed and it speaks volumes if the guy left 20M on the table it's just another sign that for most top free agents there's very little interest in coming here.  I work in the city and hate every second of it the only thing it has going for it is its not Newark. There's no comparison in these guys eyes. The Rangers aren't making anything close to a serious run any time soon so even less incentive for him to go there.  But like Vescey (sp)  he was detained to sign there. 

Let's see if Sheri can make any kind of meaningful improvement as the next few days play out.  

Well to be fair- if they're judging NYC against Newark as the basis for their decision that's stupid- you can live anywhere you want in the Metropolitan Area and play for the Devils. The players don't live in Newark. Most of them live in Hoboken or Jersey City, which allows you access to NYC anytime you want with a two minute PATH ride. Now- sadly, a lot of hockey players are low-IQ, slow on the uptake half-mongoloids when it comes to intelligence, so I wouldn't be shocked if some of them actually did base their decision to go to the Rags over the Devils solely on a comparison between Newark and NYC. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 2