Jump to content

2017 UFA Thread


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

I wouldn't sign Yakupov if he paid us. There's also the fact that Hall doesn't care for him.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plus the situation where he pretty much refused to play the system in Edmonton and demanded to do his own thing. We have too many young players coming through. We don't need that garbage. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Based on how everyone in hockey told us the lead up to the expansion draft was going to be one of the craziest offseason events we've ever witnessed, sure it's disappointing that we're not at least si

Two days ago, this was a pathetic draft class that we wanted no part of other than Shattenkirk. Now, the sky is falling because we lost out on him since he's going to realize his 15 year old wet dream

So... Detroit... 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Plus the situation where he pretty much refused to play the system in Edmonton and demanded to do his own thing. We have too many young players coming through. We don't need that garbage. 

Obviously when you're a very high pick and still young, you'll get multiple chances.  Really scary how little he did with Second Chance #1.  Feels like he's on his way to fizzling out of the NHL in a year or two.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Obviously when you're a very high pick and still young, you'll get multiple chances.  Really scary how little he did with Second Chance #1.  Feels like he's on his way to fizzling out of the NHL in a year or two.

Shades of Alexandre Daigle and Patrick Stefan, no?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was actually thinking about Daigle when I posted.  Daigle at least was pretty good when he first went to the Flyers (his first second chance)...he had a way of doing just enough (either in the NHL or AHL) to get more looks...he had a pretty good year with Minnesota towards the end of his career.  Looks like Yakupov might not get Second Chance #2 as easily.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:


This is why you don't let legends run the franchise they became legendary with.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worked with another team in that city with Elway

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Triumph said:

Yakupov in Colorado is a fine gamble for them.  The Devils already have their own Yakupov in Miles Wood.

#1 pick from 5 years ago is worth an $875,000/1yr gamble for a crap team. Maybe he "finds himself", if he doesn't, not the end of days. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

#1 pick from 5 years ago is worth an $875,000/1yr gamble for a crap team. Maybe he "finds himself", if he doesn't, not the end of days. 

Says a lot that a "nothing to lose" crap team is the one taking a chance on him...more relevant teams are already not interested.  His time with Colorado could very well be make or break.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Says a lot that a "nothing to lose" crap team is the one taking a chance on him...more relevant teams are already not interested.  His time with Colorado could very well be make or break.  

Correct. If he fails again he could wind up in Europe.

At $875k, worth taking a shot. Of course, he's already had a few years and nothing. Glad it's not us, but who knows, maybe he figures his stuff out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LittleBallofHate said:

The other day, Chicago traded Kruger to VGK and today Vegas flipped him to Carolina for just a 5th rounder in next year's draft. 

Carolina's collecting all Chicago's spare parts, eh?  Teravainen, Darling, Dahlbeck, TVR & now Kruger. 

Kruger is a good 3rd liner.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/4/2017 at 4:52 AM, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

In terms of the back end Nikita Nesterov looks like an interesting project. 

I think a few people had interest in Nesterov but he's headed to Russia: 

Dan Milstein-Hockey‏ Verified account @HockeyAgent1

Nikita Nesterov has decided to continue his hockey career back home. Will sign with one of the clubs in the KHL.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Kevin Klein announced his 'retirement'. emoji19.png


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He said it's because of an injury and no indication as of now he's playing in Europe.  In any event, since the Stepan trade, the extra cap space doesn't really affect things.

Edited by Daniel
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Daniel said:

He said it's because of an injury and no indication as of now he's playing in Europe.  In any event, since the Stepan trade, the extra cap space doesn't really affect things.

Okay.

So if Klein plays in another league this year can the Rangers be penalized?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.