Cammalleri and DSP Bought Out

Daniel

Not sure if I'm a fan of buying out Cammy.  We have so much cap room, we could have easily kept him around for the next 2 years as an extra forward without having to incur the 4 years of cap penalty that comes with the buyout.  Surprised nobody would take a flier on him if the Devils offered to retain 1/2 his salary. 

Hopefully he lands somewhere next year.  Unfortunately, his injuries (the wrist one especially) curtailed his production here.

So I mean, if we go full on youth movement, I'd say we're looking at

Hall - Hischier - Palmieri
Henrique - McLeod - Speers/Quenneville/Blandisi/???
Zacha - Zajac - Bennett
Wood - ??? - Noesen

Feel like they gotta be looking at signing a forward or two via UFA or trading foe someone, the need on RW is real.

Cammy... always liked him, he was a good soldier and one of those guys you like but the injuries and streaky-ness just killed it for me. I was really hoping Vegas would take him. This works too I suppose. I wish it would've worked out better for him and us. At least when he was on, he was fun to watch. I certainly won't root against him in the future. Good luck to him.

DSP... can't say I give a sh!t. He looked downright disinterested out there some games. I just don't think he has the talent to really play on a good team anyway. 

Man, I love what Shero is doing here more and more as we go along... really for me the only blemish is giving Lovejoy three years, but I understand WHY they signed him. He was just way in over his head. Wish they could've done two years for him. Still - almost ALL of the dead weight is gone from this roster. Exciting times. The next 48 hours are going to be a crazy ride, I think.

32 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Only pointing out the obvious here, but these moves mean Ray obviously intends to be very active tomorrow. This is a very good thing. 

pVGLv.gif

45 minutes ago, Jas0nMacIsaac said:

Center with Hischier on the wing.

This would be an incredibly disappointing development.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CommonDreads said:

Zacha - Zajac - Bennett
Wood - ??? - Noesen

Feel like they gotta be looking at signing a forward or two via UFA or trading foe someone, the need on RW is real.

Something tells me the organization will still see Zajac as the number one center based on experience and the fact that he's still not that old.  At least I think it'll be this way for a year or so until Hischier and/or McLeod are acclimated.   Josefson wasn't re-signed, right?  Even if he wasn't, perhaps we still make him an offer and he becomes the fourth line center.

5 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

I hope not, Lou bringing back past Devils was one the worst things he would always do. 

Lol. Lou used to LOVE signing ex-Devils. He couldn't get enough of it. 

I'm actually surprised he hasn't signed any former Devils in Toronto. I don't know who's still left in the league though other than Brian and Stephen Gionta. Parise wouldn't go because he likes it in Minny and Lou can't sign Zajac since he has a no trade clause and makes about $7 mil/year for the next 10 years. Lol. 

Edited by slasher72

3 hours ago, CommonDreads said:

Zacha - Zajac - Bennett
Wood - ??? - Noesen

Lol, you can't have 4 wings on the 2nd line.... somebody,s moving down .. will JJ be at Camp? What if he plays well (longshot)  this is going to be an exciting camp, lots of battles.. don't see the Z's on the third line

15 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

Lol, you can't have 4 wings on the 2nd line.... somebody,s moving down .. will JJ be at Camp? What if he plays well (longshot)  this is going to be an exciting camp, lots of battles.. don't see the Z's on the third line

I was saying it could be one of those guys, you obviously can't have 5 players on a line, I'm not an idiot lol

• Like 1

Yesterday I was actually trying to figure out where MCWH fit into our lineup and I drew a blank. 

I hate that this had to be done but it had to be done. If they were shopping MC for the past year then it's probably time to stop trying.  

He just didn't fit on this team - this is Definitely Not the team that he signed on with when Lou was running the show... He just couldn't keep up anymore and he couldn't really do anything else helpful that I can think of. He was just an overpaid warm body.

I was really hoping that he would play with something to prove after he was scratched those 2 games last year but it did nothing... I thought maybe he was injured again but apparently not. Time to go. 

DSP was amazing when he got here - what happened to that guy over last summer that turned him into this no-value-add/space waster version?  

I feel like I should be sad about them being gone but it's a shrug. Half shrug. 

Cam the person...seems like an awesome guy.  The kind of guy you'd love to have as a friend.

Cam the player...glad he's gone.  Too injury-prone (pretty much always was) and no guarantee to be productive.  The "easy" thing to do would've been for the Devils to cross their fingers and hope that he'd somehow bounce back.  I give Shero credit for not fvcking around and cutting the cord.  

DSP...whatever.  That's all I have to say about him.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Cam the person...seems like an awesome guy.  The kind of guy you'd love to have as a friend.

Cam the player...glad he's gone.  Too injury-prone (pretty much always was) and no guarantee to be productive.  The "easy" thing to do would've been for the Devils to cross their fingers and hope that he'd somehow bounce back.  I give Shero credit for not fvcking around and cutting the cord.  

DSP...whatever.  That's all I have to say about him.

Don't forget how he "milked" his daughter's illness.

:blink:

Just now, mfitz804 said:

Don't forget how he "milked" his daughter's illness.

:blink:

That's when BNala jumped the shark as far as I'm concerned.  Family always comes first.  

9 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

That's when BNala jumped the shark as far as I'm concerned.  Family always comes first.  

Agreed. If he didn't do what he did, I'd think he was a d!ck who sucks at hockey instead of just a guy that sucks at hockey.