Cammalleri and DSP Bought Out

Daniel

First two years as a Devil, Cam was solid when healthy...last season outside of that one burst was rough though.  Just felt like a poor bet, as far as his future here went.  I wish him the best though...does seem like a really good guy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

First two years as a Devil, Cam was solid when healthy...last season outside of that one burst was rough though.  Just felt like a poor bet, as far as his future here went.  I wish him the best though...does seem like a really good guy.

He got old and slow very quickly. Injuries will do that to you.

This is great, but my first thought was that we wasted what would've been what, a top 10 pick in 2014 for literally nothing? fvck you, Lou.

2012. EDIT: I misread and thought you were talking about Matteau (since we traded him for DSP). That was the pick we should've surrendered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

2012. EDIT: I misread and thought you were talking about Matteau (since we traded him for DSP). That was the pick we should've surrendered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea, that is what I was talking about, and 2014 was the year we lost a decent pick. Lou must've been pretty certain  we were winning the cup or that the league was bluffing.

His time here was short but I do appreciate everything Cammalleri did. He always seemed to have a great attitude and be a team guy even when playing in some less than ideal circumstances over the past few years. It's too bad he's on the decline now, definitely an easy guy to root for imo. Hopefully he catches on somewhere that's a good fit for him at this stage of his career.

On DSP, nothing against the guy but he really was invisible most of the time.

• Like 1

so hard to get rid of cammo imo but maybe he didnt want a trade because of his family situation (and injuries)...dont know why you dont keep him for presence; good hockey sense.

last season was a legit tank job...imo

peace

Buying out Cammalleri looks kind of silly now. These are our established NHL forwards signed for next year. 

Hall

Zajac

Henrique

Palmieri

Boyle 

Zacha 

Wood (being generous here) 

____

Obviously Nico is likely an NHL forward but that still leaves 4 spots. Do you really want 5-6 spots occupied by first or second year players? 

3 hours ago, SMantzas said:

Buying out Cammalleri looks kind of silly now. These are our established NHL forwards signed for next year. 

Hall

Zajac

Henrique

Palmieri

Boyle 

Zacha 

Wood (being generous here) 

____

Obviously Nico is likely an NHL forward but that still leaves 4 spots. Do you really want 5-6 spots occupied by first or second year players? 

Add Noesen. Quenneville/McLeod is 11. FWIW Coleman was left on the updated Devils website roster. Maybe 1 more depth/veteran signing. If it is Zajac-Hischier-McLeod-Boyle down the middle I would certaintly not want to leave rooks out to dry. It is a balance.

As the forwards are now:

Hall -- Zajac -- Palmieri

Henrique -- Hischier -- Zacha

Quenneville -- McLeod - XXX/Noesen

Wood -- Boyle -- XXX/Noesen

Coleman/Blandisi/Pietila

McLeod as #3C is worrisome only because there is a chance, especially with the current defense, that that 3rd line is going be pinned a lot. I don't know, I think Shero needs to a top 9 RW.

Edited by Mayday

4 hours ago, Mayday said:

Add Noesen. Quenneville/McLeod is 11. FWIW Coleman was left on the updated Devils website roster. Maybe 1 more depth/veteran signing. If it is Zajac-Hischier-McLeod-Boyle down the middle I would certaintly not want to leave rooks out to dry. It is a balance.

As the forwards are now:

Hall -- Zajac -- Palmieri

Henrique -- Hischier -- Zacha

Quenneville -- McLeod - XXX/Noesen

Wood -- Boyle -- XXX/Noesen

Coleman/Blandisi/Pietila

McLeod as #3C is worrisome only because there is a chance, especially with the current defense, that that 3rd line is going be pinned a lot. I don't know, I think Shero needs to a top 9 RW.

Zacha at RW?  Shero needs a top 6 RW...