Sign in to follow this  
MadDog2020

Devils acquire Marcus Johansson from Caps

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Cory's deal didn't expire, and he wasn't a star player, he was never a #1 goalie even. Palmieri was not a star player, his career high was 14 goals. Plus he was a RFA, not really what I was thinking about because for the most part, RFA's re-sign. 

Do you really want to throw Kovy in there? I guess technically we did sign him, not that it mattered because he left the team nonetheless. So that's one example seven years ago, and the guy still didn't stay. Kind of a weak example. 

Anyone else? 

Ahhhh, didn't really put the focus on ''star'' players. But Kovy would have to be the only one in recent years, yes.

5 minutes ago, Jas0nMacIsaac said:

Hall - Zajac - Palmieri

Zacha - Hischier - Johansson

McLeod - Henrique - Speers

Isn't McLeod the most natural center man of the three draft picks? Can't see why he'd play wing. 

If I'm hynes I'd want to see what Hall and MoJo have together: I'd love to see (maybe not immediately, I'll give you that)

Hall-Nico-Mojo 

Henrique-Zajac-Palmieri

Zacha-McLeod-??? 

Id love to see how Q looks next year. I also think Wood can play third line minutes. I'll be the first to admit I don't know a whole hell of a lot about Blake speers 

Well yesterday I was saying that I like what Shero has done with the Devils on this forum. Love that he try to land Shattenkirk and Shatty just decide he was in love with tje rangers... People were complaining and saying that Shero suck etc...

Tofayr Shero just stole a really good young forward. Johansson is awesome... We now have a young, fast and dynamic attack. We have a good goalie. The only thing we need is to improve our Defense. We need guys that can move the puck and I wouldnt be surprise if shero put another steal for us...

Shero trade 2 second rounders 2X 3 rounders, Adam Larsson for Kyle Palmieri, Marcus freaking Johansson and Taylor Hall!

He draft hischier and Mcleod... so we shall see for those 2.

Trust the GM... I love Shero from day 1 and he loves to surprise us... this trade came out of nowwhere just like the Hall trade.

who knows what next with him.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, caron14 said:

Well yesterday I was saying that I like what Shero has done with the Devils on this forum. Love that he try to land Shattenkirk and Shatty just decide he was in love with tje rangers... People were complaining and saying that Shero suck etc...

Tofayr Shero just stole a really good young forward. Johansson is awesome... We now have a young, fast and dynamic attack. We have a good goalie. The only thing we need is to improve our Defense. We need guys that can move the puck and I wouldnt be surprise if shero put another steal for us...

Shero trade 2 second rounders 2X 3 rounders, Adam Larsson for Kyle Palmieri, Marcus freaking Johansson and Taylor Hall!

He draft hischier and Mcleod... so we shall see for those 2.

Trust the GM... I love Shero from day 1 and he loves to surprise us... this trade came out of nowwhere just like the Hall trade.

who knows what next with him.

How much you drink bro?

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Isn't McLeod the most natural center man of the three draft picks? Can't see why he'd play wing. 

If I'm hynes I'd want to see what Hall and MoJo have together: I'd love to see (maybe not immediately, I'll give you that)

Hall-Nico-Mojo 

Henrique-Zajac-Palmieri

Zacha-McLeod-??? 

Id love to see how Q looks next year. I also think Wood can play third line minutes. I'll be the first to admit I don't know a whole hell of a lot about Blake speers 

Depends on the path they take to develop him. Hockey is "simpler" with less responsibilities breaking in as a wing compared to center. I had a coach who always used to say centers play chess while wingers play checkers. They can throw him to the wolves at center but I'm not sure that is the best idea with going in as a predominately young team. 

We, as a forum, are officially bipolar.

I was fine with yesterday (nothing you can do when your target says there is more beyond salary and term), and obviously pleased with tonight.

Im interested to see how the defense shapes up and which forward we ship out.

• Like 4

happy new year!

cant wait to fly around shattenkirk and make lundqvists head spin

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Devils Pride 26 said:

Depends on the path they take to develop him. Hockey is "simpler" with less responsibilities breaking in as a wing compared to center. I had a coach who always used to say centers play chess while wingers play checkers. They can throw him to the wolves at center but I'm not sure that is the best idea with going in as a predominately young team. 

Seemingly everyone plays or is listed as center at the lower levels because it's harder and they are the best players.    Remember when we drafted Parise... he was a center.    Look at round 1 this year.

I know we are invested as a fan base as Nico being our center...   but there was a lot predraft on him moving to wing (or better suited) in the NHL

19 minutes ago, mikepeluso8 said:

How much you drink bro?

nothing to drink... everything he said made sense. 

4 minutes ago, aylbert said:

I know we are invested as a fan base as Nico being our center...   but there was a lot predraft on him moving to wing (or better suited) in the NHL

Not calling you a liar, and admittedly I don't follow the draft stuff as close as some, but I haven't seen or heard that once. Do you remember the source?

Hall - Zajac - Palmieri 
Rico - Nico - Mojo 
Zacha - McLeod - Speers 
Wood - Boyle - Lappin 

GREAT GOOGLY MOOGLY

already changed my avatar in honor of this trade

apparently there was a shirt made of him and karlsson riding bikes

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

Not calling you a liar, and admittedly I don't follow the draft stuff as close as some, but I haven't seen or heard that once. Do you remember the source?

A few places, but notably in Grossman's article pre-draft that Nico might be better suited on the LW

http://www.northjersey.com/story/sports/nhl/devils/2017/06/22/nhl-draft-more-than-just-nico-nolan-devils/421751001/

Edited by aylbert

16 minutes ago, aylbert said:

A few places, but notably in Grossman's article pre-draft that Nico might be better suited on the LW

http://www.northjersey.com/story/sports/nhl/devils/2017/06/22/nhl-draft-more-than-just-nico-nolan-devils/421751001/

fvck I hope that's not the case. So sick of waiting for a true #1 center. 

Wow, just woke up to the best news since the Palmieri trade. Well actually, I like this one even better since it's more of a sure thing. Well done Ray!

49 minutes ago, nessus said:

Can't believe he hardly cost more than Mueller

Pretty baffling.

4 hours ago, nessus said:

Can't believe he hardly cost more than Mueller

You know how we'll see a trade and start saying "why couldn't we have offered that?!?"?

I think there's a bunch of other teams' message boards saying that right now

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, OldThingBack said:

When the other 29 GMs know you have to trade a solid player, it's tough to get good value for that guy.

So who's the GM that wasn't aware they needed to trade a solid player?:P

Edited by eaglejelly
spelling

39 minutes ago, OldThingBack said:

When the other 29 30 GMs know you have to trade a solid player, it's tough to get good value for that guy.

Fixed.  Gotta get used to saying that now.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, CarpathianForest said:

Not cool. Flagged.

Yea go ahead and cry about it. We'll see you when it's convenient for you.

11 hours ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Again, it's incredible how quickly people forget, but Ilya Kovalchuk was one of the single most highly touted UFA's in hockey history when we convinced him to re-sign here. His deal had expired.

Can't help those jerseys would be much improved without the striping on the bottom. Wish there was some way we could pay homage to the Newark Bulldogs, too. Meh. 

Every time I see the  traditional uniforms in game pictures now, I'm blown away by how perfect they are. I always loved them, but I appreciate the fvck outta them now. Maybe this will have been a blessing in disguise once they bring they old ones back.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TheMazz said:

Hall - Zajac - Palmieri 
Rico - Nico - Mojo 
Zacha - McLeod - Speers 
Wood - Boyle - Lappin 

GREAT GOOGLY MOOGLY

Henrique?