Devils acquire Marcus Johansson from Caps

MadDog2020

33 minutes ago, DevilMinder said:

Yea, I saw 10 new posts and got excited something happened. It must be the true dead zone of the offseason now.

Meh, only so much that can be said about a new player joining the team until we actually see him play. 

As far as on-topic goes, Shero has done a nice job finding a way to get three top-6 forwards onto the Devils in a fairly short period of time...basically dealt Larsson, (2) 2nd-rounders, and (2) 3rd-rounders for Hall, Palms, and MoJo (I don't care if MoJo is 'right', I like the way it sounds).  Sure, losing Larsson has hurt the D (I thought that it would), but I feel like Shero showed considerable creativity in making all three deals.   

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Everyone called Mariano Rivera 'Mo'- I don't really see the issue myself. Assuming Johansson plays well for us, we can have a lot of fun with this lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Little known fact that Richard Nixon's middle name was Mo.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

And if you persist I will be forced to nickname all of the players inappropriately. 

Pavel Zacha = PeeZa. 

I'm down to call Zacha 'pizza' for next season.

Could be the best thing to come out of this thread. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

I'ma start calling you MoFitz. 

Honestly, this is the only solution. 

2 hours ago, slasher72 said:

That's great haha. The Indian-Jewish phenom on defense, otherwise known as Andujar Greenberg. 

I definitely laughed at that one when I typed it, and again when you did. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2017 at 11:55 AM, Martyisth3b3st said:

"I ALREADY SAID I'M NOT ANGRYYYYY!!!!!!"

I actually agree with Fitz here, the nickname is pretty stupid from a logical standpoint, but in all fairness and someone reading this back and forth from a neutral standpoint, he doesn't appear angry -- if anything I think he's articulated his point quite well and with an even temperament. 

On 7/6/2017 at 0:02 PM, Martyisth3b3st said:

I'ma start calling you MoFitz. 

This made me laugh.

On 7/6/2017 at 0:01 PM, mfitz804 said:

Mariano has an "o"; Mo is literally a contraction of his name.

But fine, I'll deal with it.

John Hynes = JoHiney

I agree with you, the nickname MoJo is pretty stupid and doesn't make much sense, but it doesn't really bother me.  I won't use it myself, because when I say it/hear it I think it sounds dumb, but I couldn't care less if someone else calls him that.  

38 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I actually agree with Fitz here, the nickname is pretty stupid from a logical standpoint, but in all fairness and someone reading this back and forth from a neutral standpoint, he doesn't appear angry -- if anything I think he's articulated his point quite well and with an even temperament. 

This made me laugh.

I agree with you, the nickname MoJo is pretty stupid and doesn't make much sense, but it doesn't really bother me.  I won't use it myself, because when I say it/hear it I think it sounds dumb, but I couldn't care less if someone else calls him that.  

I do love when I have said something so outlandish that someone has to qualify agreeing with me by adding the word "actually"; I actually agree with that dumb sonofabitch mfitz!!

I'm also glad that this thread lives on. 

John Quenneville = JoQuenn Phoenix. 

Damn, With all the development camp fever I almost forgot we grabbed this guy. So I get to enjoy this acquisition all over again..  Super  fun offseason. And now the best part of my ny jets season starts , training camp.

Hopefully the devils are more than off season wonders..

56 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I do love when I have said something so outlandish that someone has to qualify agreeing with me by adding the word "actually"; I actually agree with that dumb sonofabitch mfitz!!

I'm also glad that this thread lives on. 

John Quenneville = JoQuenn Phoenix. 

Haha, well I actually didn't mean it that way ;)   I meant it in the sense that, had I been the one to seen this discussion first, I would have said the same thing as you, and assumed I was the only one who thought those nicknames were kinda dumb and/or didn't make sense.  

1 minute ago, EdgeControl said:

Damn, With all the development camp fever I almost forgot we grabbed this guy. So I get to enjoy this acquisition all over again..  Super  fun offseason. And now the best part of my ny jets season starts , training camp.

Hopefully the devils are more than off season wonders..

Yeah, me too lol.