Fantasy Football 2017 Draft Finished!

CRASHER

I didn't see any email yet.

Also my yahoo fantasy fb isn't showing any of my leagues.

I blame the Rooskies...

So we're up to 10 now with only Henriqued and RSC yet to speak up

......funny how across the board in all my leagues, willingness and returning people is down in every last one....just interesting I guess

Gurley's ineligible to be kept because he was kept last year, hence the strikethrough and not assigning a round value.  You don't get 15th round rights for someone else's previously kept player just because you picked him up in FA (the Peyton Manning rule).

Edited by NJDevs4978

3 hours ago, CRASHER said:

So we're up to 10 now with only Henriqued and RSC yet to speak up

......funny how across the board in all my leagues, willingness and returning people is down in every last one....just interesting I guess

I know what you mean, I might not do another football league this year besides this one - dropped out of my other one that I was in for a few years (partly cause it's a time consuming 16-team IDP league which I'd already won a couple years ago and partly cause I'm just meh on football in general with the state of the Jets) and had no interest in going back for the pay league I'd done last year even though I won $30 from it. 

Plus there's so many other options even for fantasy that are diluting the attention for weekly games.  The daily games - which I have little use for personally - are cutting into the traditional fantasy audience, plus there are more outlets for traditional fantasy too, like Fantrax, salary cap leagues, etc.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I think it's also a sign that the league's popularity has peaked and it might be starting to drop a bit now.....between Goodell's idiotic rulings, social protests (which NO FAN wants to see or be shoved down their throat, we watch sports to get AWAY from that garbage), and the "no defense" rules....it's all even carrying over into the fantasy game

FYI, I can live with the league being ten if we don't hear back from the other two by Wednesday

2 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Gurley's ineligible to be kept because he was kept last year, hence the strikethrough and not assigning a round value.  You don't get 15th round rights for someone else's previously kept player just because you picked him up in FA (the Peyton Manning rule).

Please site the passage on the Peyton Manning Rule.   I recall this, but I don't remember if this was ever formerly declared/or enacted.

Overall, I picked up a player who was dropped.    As I see this, Gurley should be a valid keeper for me at the UFA slot (15th).

1 minute ago, MantaRay said:

Overall, I picked up a player who was dropped.    As I see this, Gurley should be a valid keeper for me at the UFA slot (15th).

Gurley was kept the year before, a player can not be kept two seasons in a row, regardless of who is trying to keep them....nice try (if Gurley was keepable he'd NEVER have been cut, or there would have been a mutiny when he was released)

2 hours ago, CRASHER said:

Gurley was kept the year before, a player can not be kept two seasons in a row, regardless of who is trying to keep them....nice try (if Gurley was keepable he'd NEVER have been cut, or there would have been a mutiny when he was released)

That plus keeper rounds don't change for drafted keeper-eligible players that get dropped anyway.  If you drafted him in the 2nd round, he retains 2nd round keeper value even when picked up by another team.  The only players that have 15th round value are UDFA pickups and guys actually drafted in the 15th round.

And yes there was a poll where this was determined FIVE years ago because of the Peyton situation where he was hurt the whole year, not put on IR and the team that had him couldn't risk dropping him cause there was no provision in the rules before that protecting keeper value, Peyton would have been a 15th round keeper until the rule change.

http://njdevs.com/forums/index.php?/topic/125712-keeper-gate/&tab=comments#comment-1138585

Edited by NJDevs4978

2 hours ago, CRASHER said:

I think it's also a sign that the league's popularity has peaked and it might be starting to drop a bit now.....between Goodell's idiotic rulings, social protests (which NO FAN wants to see or be shoved down their throat, we watch sports to get AWAY from that garbage), and the "no defense" rules....it's all even carrying over into the fantasy game

FYI, I can live with the league being ten if we don't hear back from the other two by Wednesday

I'm fine with ten as well except for the complaining that'll ensue when we finish the draft four or five days earlier than normal :lol:

... and partly cause I'm just meh on football in general with the state of the Jets) ...

Well holy crap! If you're waiting on the Jets to give you a reason to be interested in football, you may as well turn in your man card, take up knitting on Sundays and forget football exists!! 

lol well as bad as the Jets have been I can't ever remember a season where you're pretty well convinced before August they're going 3-13 and will be completely unwatchable (and still probably won't get a top two pick).  Every season before this there's either hope or some reason to delude yourself into believing there's hope for a decent season.  They fit right in with the rest of my sports teams atm though, the Mets imploded on and off the field this year and the Devils are in the Sixers 'process' of hopeless losing for 7-8 years before you might have a turnaround.

Pretty much all I watched of last night's preseason game was the first offensive drive, which as it turned out was the only thing worth watching.  Though I was astounded to see Hackenberg's stats later knowing we scored zero points after he got into the game.

Edited by NJDevs4978

2 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

... some reason to delude yourself into believing there's hope for a decent season.  

.............. and the Devils are in the Sixers 'process' of hopeless losing for 7-8 years before you might have a turnaround.

Yeah, my brother in law suffers from this...

and MAN I hope you are WRONG on that Devils bit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That plus keeper rounds don't change for drafted keeper-eligible players that get dropped anyway.  If you drafted him in the 2nd round, he retains 2nd round keeper value even when picked up by another team.  The only players that have 15th round value are UDFA pickups and guys actually drafted in the 15th round.

And yes there was a poll where this was determined FIVE years ago because of the Peyton situation where he was hurt the whole year, not put on IR and the team that had him couldn't risk dropping him cause there was no provision in the rules before that protecting keeper value, Peyton would have been a 15th round keeper until the rule change.

http://njdevs.com/forums/index.php?/topic/125712-keeper-gate/&tab=comments#comment-1138585

Fair enough.   Thanks for the documentation.

Keeper: Brees, QB NO

3 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

I'm fine with ten as well except for the complaining that'll ensue when we finish the draft four or five days earlier than normal :lol:

Will never happen :D

So, now that we are at 11 of 12, do we want to give RSC the benefit of the doubt and some more time, or do we want to speed up the replacing process?

It'd be too bad to lose him cause he's been in the league a while, OTOH I think he checked out after winning two years ago.  Last year he made two moves total for the season.  Plus he went dark in the hockey league too and had to be replaced there, he's pretty much moved on from NJDevs I think.

22 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

... Plus he went dark in the hockey league too and had to be replaced there, he's pretty much moved on from NJDevs I think.

That speaks volumes

On 8/13/2017 at 3:05 PM, NJDevs4978 said:

lol well as bad as the Jets have been I can't ever remember a season where you're pretty well convinced before August they're going 3-13 and will be completely unwatchable (and still probably won't get a top two pick).  Every season before this there's either hope or some reason to delude yourself into believing there's hope for a decent season.  They fit right in with the rest of my sports teams atm though, the Mets imploded on and off the field this year and the Devils are in the Sixers 'process' of hopeless losing for 7-8 years before you might have a turnaround.

Pretty much all I watched of last night's preseason game was the first offensive drive, which as it turned out was the only thing worth watching.  Though I was astounded to see Hackenberg's stats later knowing we scored zero points after he got into the game.

The last year I can remember people knew we'd be this terrible is 1995. First Kotite year the team was torn down much like it was now.

2013 they were projected to be pretty bad, but Rex turned in the best coaching job of his career and they went 8-8. 

55 minutes ago, '7' said:

The last year I can remember people knew we'd be this terrible is 1995. First Kotite year the team was torn down much like it was now.

2013 they were projected to be pretty bad, but Rex turned in the best coaching job of his career and they went 8-8. 

Good call, that season was also hopelessish though that was more hopeless in the 4-12 or 5-11 range rather than the potential for 1-15 or worse lol. The first Kotite season was so nondescript I don't even remember what I thought coming into the year, they looked young and exciting under Carroll the year before till the fake spike game. The second Kotite season people actually thought they could be okay with all the money they spent (NOD, Graham, the two tackles) and drafted Keyshawn.

1 hour ago, redruM said:

My son would like in...

He's in the hockey league so should be no issues

Fine by me, he's been a good addition in the hockey league - especially trolling you two years ago to win the thing lol - so long as he logs in enough to make most of the picks (and see potential trades).

Edited by NJDevs4978